Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips (3507 Views)

'It Is About Microchips' – Chris Oyakhilome On Black Lives Matter Protests / Why Swedes Have Implanted Microchips Under Their Skin-experts / ATHIESTS-- The Obama-healthcare Bill Requires Implanted With Chip On Right Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by felixomor: 1:14am On Apr 07, 2017
The syringe slides in between the thumb and index finger. Then, with a click, a microchip is injected in the employee's hand. Another "cyborg" is created.

What could pass for a dystopian vision of the workplace is almost routine at the Swedish startup hub Epicenter. The company offers to implant its workers and startup members with microchips the size of grains of rice that function as swipe cards: to open doors, operate printers, or buy smoothies with a wave of the hand.

The injections have become so popular that workers at Epicenter hold parties for those willing to get implanted "The biggest benefit I think is convenience," said Patrick Mesterton, co-founder and CEO of Epicenter. As a demonstration, he unlocks a door by merely waving near it. "It basically replaces a lot of things you have, other communication devices, whether it be credit cards or keys."

The technology in itself is not new. Such chips are used as virtual collar plates for pets. Companies use them to track deliveries. It's just never been used to tag employees on a broad scale before. Epicenter and a handful of other companies are the first to make chip implants broadly available.

And as with most new technologies, it raises security and privacy issues. While biologically safe, the data generated by the chips can show how often an employee comes to work or what they buy. Unlike company swipe cards or smartphones, which can generate the same data, a person cannot easily separate themselves from the chip.

"Of course, putting things into your body is quite a big step to do and it was even for me at first," said Mr Mesterton, remembering how he initially had had doubts.

"But then on the other hand, I mean, people have been implanting things into their body, like pacemakers and stuff to control your heart," he said. "That's a way, way more serious thing than having a small chip that can actually communicate with devices."

Epicenter, which is home to more than 100 companies and some 2,000 workers, began implanting workers in January 2015. Now, about 150 workers have them. A company based in Belgium also offers its employees such implants, and there are isolated cases around the world where tech enthusiasts have tried this out in recent years.

The small implants use near field communication (NFC) technology, the same as in contactless credit cards or mobile payments. When activated by a reader a few centimetres away, a small amount of data flows between the two devices via electromagnetic waves. The implants are "passive", meaning they contain information that other devices can read, but cannot read information themselves.

Ben Libberton, a microbiologist at Stockholm's Karolinska Institute, says hackers could conceivably gain huge swathes of information from embedded microchips. The ethical dilemmas will become bigger the more sophisticated the microchips become.

1 Share

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by felixomor: 1:15am On Apr 07, 2017
"The data that you could possibly get from a chip that is embedded in your body is a lot different from the data that you can get from a smartphone," he says. "Conceptually you could get data about your health, you could get data about your whereabouts, how often you're working, how long you're working, if you're taking toilet breaks and things like that."

Libberton said that if such data is collected, the big question remains of what happens to it, who uses it, and for what purpose.

So far, Epicenter's group of cyborgs doesn't seem too concerned.

"People ask me; 'Are you chipped?' and I say; 'Yes, why not,"' said Fredric Kaijser, 47, the chief experience officer at Epicenter. "And they all get excited about privacy issues and what that means and so forth. And for me it's just a matter of I like to try new things and just see it as more of an enabler and what that would bring into the future."

The implants have become so popular that Epicenter workers stage monthly events where attendees have the option of being "chipped" for free.

That means visits from self-described "body hacker" Jowan Osterlund from Biohax Sweden who performs the "operation".

He injects the implants — using pre-loaded syringes — into the fleshy area of the hand, just next to the thumb. The process lasts a few seconds, and more often than not there are no screams and barely a drop of blood. "The next step for electronics is to move into the body," he says.

Sandra Haglof, 25, who works for Eventomatic, an events company that works with Epicenter, has had three piercings before, and her left hand barely shakes as Osterlund injects the small chip.

"I want to be part of the future," she laughs.

Source:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/sweden-workers-microchip-implant-cash-card-id-pass-replace-employee-hand-epicenter-rice-grain-size-a7670551.html

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by felixomor: 1:37am On Apr 07, 2017
May God continue to Help us Watch and Pray.

Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by Nobody: 1:40am On Apr 07, 2017
e don happen!

1 Like

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by analice107: 7:21am On Apr 07, 2017
And if an employee changes job and wants to leave, can the chip be taken out of his/her body?

Make una see how Apstle Jonh's prophecy in Revelations dey take fulfill oo.

What happens to Children of God working in this company, will they be made to forcefully take the chip?

Children of God should be ready for their Master. Agents of satan will make the world ready for their master the beast to come on and display. If you investigate who owns the company, you'd find out he is an atheists.

Holy Spirit keep me firm in you till die biko.

2 Likes

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by GoodMuyis(m): 7:45am On Apr 07, 2017
analice107 I think for now its voluntarily, but in future, company bureaucracy may change and make it mandatory if employees must secure his Job.

To me this tech is not safe, could cause some inconveniences, and some other issues.

Bottom line is do we need? but scripture must be fulfilled

1 Like

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by ojimbo(m): 8:00am On Apr 07, 2017
Bla bla bla bla
To remind you, Swedish people are all atheists and not as foolish as you Nigerians

7 Likes

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by felixomor: 8:34am On Apr 07, 2017
ojimbo:
Bla bla bla bla
To remind you, Swedish people are all atheists and not as foolish as you Nigerians

Ignorance. @ the bolded.

1 Like

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by felixomor: 8:35am On Apr 07, 2017
GoodMuyis:
analice107 I think for now its voluntarily, but in future, company bureaucracy may change and make it mandatory if employees must secure his Job.

To me this tech is not safe, could cause some inconveniences, and some other issues.

Bottom line is do we need? but scripture must be fulfilled

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by felixomor: 8:42am On Apr 07, 2017
analice107:
And if an employee changes job and wants to leave, can the chip be taken out of his/her body?

What happens to Children of God working in this company, will they be made to forcefully take the chip?

Children of God should be ready for their Master. Agents of satan will make the world ready for their master the beast to come on and display. If you investigate who owns the company, you'd find out he is an atheists.

Amen.

Seriously, when I saw that many are taking it. I prayed the same prayer.
I never taught when I was younger that people will one day willingly take this kind of thing.

May God continue to keep us all,
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by randomperson: 9:17am On Apr 07, 2017
Christians and paranoia tho'... So how is a microchip the same as a mark of 666? Or isn't that what the bible says?

2 Likes

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by felixomor: 9:38am On Apr 07, 2017
randomperson:
Christians and paranoia tho'... So how is a microchip the same as a mark of 666? Or isn't that what the bible says?

Keep looking. sad

1 Like

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by randomperson: 9:47am On Apr 07, 2017
felixomor:

Keep looking. sad
grin grin
This one is so scared of the end of the world... Guy, take a chill pill!

2 Likes

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by ifenes(m): 9:52am On Apr 07, 2017
ojimbo:
Bla bla bla bla

Exactly! Do the Nigerian Christian know their phone SIM cards and bank cards have micro chips on them?

3 Likes

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by felixomor: 10:06am On Apr 07, 2017
randomperson:

grin grin
This one is so scared of the end of the world... Guy, take a chill pill!

You are the only one scared here.
I only posted a breaking news and u started quoting "666"
Who asked you ? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:28am On Apr 07, 2017
felixomor:

Who asked you ? grin

I was wondering too cheesy

Its obvious who is scared here wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:30am On Apr 07, 2017
ojimbo:
Bla bla bla bla

This is the most ignorant bullshit I've read all morning . You made them atheists ba ? You atheists keep deceiving yourselves . Atheism is dead and gone grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by PhysioGist: 10:36am On Apr 07, 2017
Most Christians will continue to betray their primitive mentality.

Some of you godists will self impale, when bionic heart and kidney, become patent.

- akintom

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by randomperson: 10:44am On Apr 07, 2017
felixomor:

Who asked you ? grin
You only posted breaking news and you titled it Endwatch breaking news?
The thread is an obvious but pathetic attempt to connect recent events with the bible.

And please, why would I be scared? When Jesus himself prophesied that he would come before all his followers died...Matt 16:28 Or you didn't read that part of the bible?

Even Jesus is giving fake prophecies.. At least we know where Suleiman learnt his craft cheesy

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by felixomor: 10:48am On Apr 07, 2017
randomperson:

You only posted breaking news and you titled it Endwatch breaking news?
The thread is an obvious but pathetic attempt to connect recent events with the bible.

And please, why would I be scared? When Jesus himself prophesied that he would come before all his followers died...Matt 16:28 Or you didn't read that part of the bible?

Even Jesus is giving fake prophecies.. At least we know where Suleiman learnt his craft cheesy

Please, if u dont have meaningful information,
Dont derail the thread.

1 Like

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by randomperson: 11:17am On Apr 07, 2017
felixomor:

Please, if u dont have meaningful information,
Dont derail the thread.
But am not derailing... Am actually just holding a contrary position to yours on the same subject matter
Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by felixomor: 11:19am On Apr 07, 2017
randomperson:

But am not derailing... Am actually just holding a contrary position to yours on the same subject matter

Ok undecided

1 Like

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by OtemAtum: 12:49am On Jun 29, 2017
Sheeple scaring themselves as usual. The future people must know about the sheeple of our time so that they can have fun.

First day they wanted to inject the sheeple when they were sick, it's the same way they were crying and bleating. They thought it was the 666. Next came the hospital drip. Many of them died not taking drip because they fear it will put 666 into their bodies.

I wonder how the sheeple will cry and run helter skelter for fear in the next 5 to 50 years when some BADT FELLAS will intentionally start putting 666 tatoos all over their bodies to intentionally scare the sheeple grin

1 Like

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by OtemAtum: 12:53am On Jun 29, 2017
randomperson:
You just be looking o jare. Very soon, guys will actually start doing 666 tatoos all over their bodies to scare the sheeple. In fact, without any weapon, but just the 666 tattoo on someone's body, he can make a thousand christian run for their dear life. Sebi they don't want to use their brains. Some negative brain users will teach them lessons. undecided

1 Like

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by felixomor: 4:34am On Jun 29, 2017
OtemAtum:
You just be looking o jare. Very soon, guys will actually start doing 666 tatoos all over their bodies to scare the sheeple. In fact, without any weapon, but just the 666 tattoo on someone's body, he can make a thousand christian run for their dear life. Sebi they don't want to use their brains. Some negative brain users will teach them lessons. undecided

If you have mind,
You go and tattoo it on your forehead....

If you cannot,
Then, I will know you are a coward.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by OtemAtum: 4:45am On Jun 29, 2017
felixomor:

If you have mind,
You go and tattoo it on your forehead....

If you cannot,
Then, I will know you are a coward.

cheesy
Ha, ha, ha, Wilgrea7, Hopefullandlord, Realmindz you guys should come and see something. So Felixomor is actually going to fear if one crazy niggah decided to write 666 on his body to actually scare the hell outta the sheeple. LWKMD.

Well, just wait, you'll actually start seeing people do such stuff to scare the sheeple, yet the world will remain many millenniums more. It's not gonna end. cool
My dear far far future people must be created into this world. There are still accomodations for billions of them for the next fifty thousand years. We die for them to have space to occupy.
Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by hopefulLandlord: 5:10am On Jun 29, 2017
OtemAtum:

cheesy
Ha, ha, ha, Wilgrea7, Hopefullandlord, Realmindz you guys should come and see something. So Felixomor is actually going to fear if one crazy niggah decided to write 666 on his body to actually scare the hell outta the sheeple. LWKMD.

Well, just wait, you'll actually start seeing people do such stuff to scare the sheeple, yet the world will remain many millenniums more. It's not gonna end. cool
My dear far far future people must be created into this world. There are still accomodations for billions of them for the next fifty thousand years. We die for them to have space to occupy.

that's what Christianity does , strike fear into their members while deceiving themselves with sentences like "in the name of Jesus every knee shall bow and every tongue confess" whereas all it takes is a tattoo to scare that name shitless grin

1 Like

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by OtemAtum: 5:20am On Jun 29, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

that's what Christianity does , strike fear into their members while deceiving themselves with sentences like "in the name of Jesus every knee shall bow and every tongue confess" whereas all it takes is a tattoo to scare that name shitless grin

People around me call me names because I always make fun of their god and when they are praying and I am there, I start saying 'Eyin iya mi osoronga, apani ma waku, olokiki oru...' (incantation). They fear me and call me 'abami' each time I do that. They thought I'm a wizard cheesy
I have warned them that they shouldn't fear when they start seeing me in their dreams as a wizard, because I know very soon, their brains will start making such dreams for them about me and they'll be scared eeh.

1 Like

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by dalaman: 6:01am On Jun 29, 2017
So a chip whose functions has been outlined is now making some deluded end of day enthusiasts go gaga and glee with delusions.

How can Nigeria ever progress technologically when we are waiting for the world to end while others are trying to use technology to solve and ease the way they live and do things.

The deluded OP is already blabbling that some imaginary God should help him watch and pray because technology has been advanced. If you ask him to give you specific bible verses that talk about micro chip being implanted in people as a sign of the last days he won't be able to give because there is nothing like that inside the bible. No where in the bible is micro chip mentioned and no where does it ever state that micro chip will be implanted in people as a sign of the end of days. There is NOTHING like that written inside the bible. The OP instead of embracing the technology of the future is busy trying to insinuate crazy ignorance.

By the way didn't Jesus lie to his disciples that he will come during their life time. He advised them to keep running from one town of Israel to another when faced with persecution for his sake. Before they finish running round Israel he'll return.

"When you are persecuted in one town, flee to the next. I tell you the truth, the Son of Man will return before you have reached all the towns of Israel" - Matt 10:23

This lie lie prophecy was told by Jesus about 2000 years ago according to the story yet some deluded people in Nigeria think that the world will end soon because some elusive Jewish man that died over 2000 years ago lied to his Jewish people that he'll be coming soon. Very funny people. grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by realmindz: 6:13am On Jun 29, 2017
These paranoid low thinkers have come again...you people should just go for your rapture and let the world be.

4 Likes

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by realmindz: 6:16am On Jun 29, 2017
felixomor:

If you have mind, You go and tattoo it on your forehead....
If you cannot, Then, I will know you are a coward.
Does this even make sense to you at all.
does he likes tatoo? Why dont you tattoo Jesus on your forehead? Smh for you

1 Like

Re: Endwatch Breaking News!! : Swedish Workers Implanted With Microchips by realmindz: 6:19am On Jun 29, 2017
analice107:

Prophecies my azz

https://www.nairaland.com/3582244/bible-prophecies-true

We were first humans before religion came between us.
Are u religious or human? Don't worry, some few humans will always be left in the world debunking religious conspiracies and their gods

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Theme Song. RCCG 2017 Holy Ghost Congress. / The Outcome Of Satan's Meeting / This Is One Of The Reason Why I Am A Catholic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.