Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,190 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (723597 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by amrichy(m): 2:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
aceOpace:
Thanks bro. Basically, SSCE qualifies candidates for admission, UTME ranks the students according to their performance, the school sets the admission quota, and candidates are filled in according to their rank in the UTME exam, why write post UTME then? Since SSCE has certified the candidate qualified, and the UTME has ranked the candidate. Of what use is the post UTME then? OK, I understand that schools like UI do it to separate the wheat from the chaff as it seems they don't trust the UTME results, but is it necessary?
i can infer from ur coment that u are somewhat scared of ui post utme. perhaps u already scored 300 plus in utme and now u're uncertain if u'll be able to perform excelently in post utme too. bro, ur fear is quite undastandable (there are in fact tales of students that did very wel in jamb only to mess up terribly in d postjamb)
IF my gues is right, i'l advice u to focus on ways to perform excelently rather than questioning d necesity or importance of d post utme.
IF my gues is wrong, abeg no vex

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Pes13: 2:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
amrichy:

i can infer from ur coment that u are somewhat scared of ui post utme. perhaps u already scored 300 plus in utme and now u're uncertain if u'll be able to perform excelently in post utme too. bro, ur fear is quite undastandable (there are in fact tales of students that did very wel in jamb only to mess up terribly in d postjamb)
IF my gues is right, i'l advice u to focus on ways to perform excelently rather than questioning d necesity or importance of d post utme.

If u had directed this to me, then ur guess is as good as accurate. I once sat for UI putme, with a well earned 270 only to end up trailing the cutoff with a silly 4 marks and my 270 thrown into the waste bin as if it was nothing.

It was a moment of ecstatic staring at my utme result, only to later sense a form of dejavu when the minister of education grant a free will to universities to undertake putme.

U should admit someone scoring 76% in UI exam is in no wise scared of the dreaded putme , but the deadly competition might cause the unthinkable.

It has been a tradition since UI started putme that several candidates with the lower class of utme score often pull a strong surprising comeback in putme scoring a upper class scores. A wonderful thing, only to render your hard earn UTME score a product of back door.

The guy scoring the highest - 90% in 2014 UI putme manage to score 248 in jamb. See that.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by JoyceTed(f): 3:15pm On Sep 22, 2017
Exactly
Yours is similar to mine in 2015

And for last year.....i see it as a wasted year cus i just focused on scoring above 200(since UI needs only 200) with the intention of writing post utme

But I think the main concern now should be how to score high in this coming exam
Pes13:

If u had directed this to me, then ur guess is as good as accurate. I once sat for UI putme, with a well earned 270 only to end up trailing the cutoff with a silly 4 marks and my 270 thrown into the waste bin as if it was nothing.

It was a moment of ecstatic staring at my utme result, only to later sense a form of dejavu when the minister of education grant a free will to universities to undertake putme.

U should admit someone scoring 76% in UI exam is in no wise scared of the dreaded putme , but the deadly competition might cause the unthinkable.

It has been a tradition since UI started putme that several candidates with the lower class of utme score often pull a strong surprising comeback in putme scoring a upper class scores. A wonderful thing, only to render your hard earn UTME score a product of back door.

The guy scoring the highest - 90% in 2014 UI putme manage to score 248 in jamb. See that.

Exactly

And for last year.....i see it as a wasted year cus i just focused on scoring above 200(since UI needs only 200) with the intention of writing post utme

But I think the main concern now should be how to score high in this coming exam

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Jacktheripper: 3:21pm On Sep 22, 2017
Pes13:

If I may ask which course were you aspiring for?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Pes13: 3:23pm On Sep 22, 2017
JoyceTed:
Exactly

Exactly

Exactly, I wouldn't av to look over my shoulder for anyone coming behind, but to set an herculean target for the coming exam.

4 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Pes13: 3:28pm On Sep 22, 2017
Jacktheripper:

If I may ask which course were you aspiring for?
The course that was too big for 76% in 2014.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by amrichy(m): 3:43pm On Sep 22, 2017
Pes13:

certainly, ui post utme is a very tough battle. many of those (who are brilliant students normaly) that hav been slightly or seriosly wounded in d utme battle wil usually take post utme as a do or die affair; they wil go extra mile to prepare for it and take their revenge. this is what often makes post utme a blessing for som and doom for others(especialy those that did wel in utme and then feel overconfident)
moreover, as far as ui admision commitee is concerned, post utme serves as a way of ascertaining thoz dat really sabi book. this why i was advisin dat guy to quit questioning d rationale behind d conduct of postutme and focus instead on how to perform as best as possible in d exam.
competition for admision is quite intense these days, which is why adequate prep for putme is very crucial.
i wish u d best ds time around

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 22, 2017
Pes13:
dat shld be med nd surg
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by MrEgghead(m): 3:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
aceOpace:
Thanks bro. Basically, SSCE qualifies candidates for admission, UTME ranks the students according to their performance, the school sets the admission quota, and candidates are filled in according to their rank in the UTME exam, why write post UTME then? Since SSCE has certified the candidate qualified, and the UTME has ranked the candidate. Of what use is the post UTME then? OK, I understand that schools like UI do it to separate the wheat from the chaff as it seems they don't trust the UTME results, but is it necessary?
It's not a bad idea using only UTME to rank students.Using O level results to rank students was the only parameter I strongly abhorred..I think why putme is still uphold is because of the massive number of applicants that cross the 200 mark every year so the universities have to devise other means of reducing the population and further scrutinizing the applicants to get the best.. personally,I love it that way because I couldn't prepare well for the jamb Utme and my jamb score wasn't that high that's even if UI still use both.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Jacktheripper: 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2017
Pes13:

Mbbs?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by amrichy(m): 5:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
Pes13:
lol. there is something brilliantly humorous about ds ur response
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by amrichy(m): 5:09pm On Sep 22, 2017
Jacktheripper:

Mbbs?
NO, na Yoruba grin
Jacktheripper:

Mbbs?
NO, na Yoruba
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Samwise001: 6:29pm On Sep 22, 2017
Hello guys . Please I need your help asap.
I ignorantly clicked accept without been given admission on the jamb caps of a thing...
Now my current status is Accepted.
What should i do pls help asap....
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Jacktheripper: 6:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
Samwise001:
I ignorantly clicked accept without been given admission on the jamb caps of a thing...

I don't understand u were given admission from another school and u accepted it?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Samwise001: 7:32pm On Sep 22, 2017
Jacktheripper:

I don't understand u were given admission from another school and u accepted it?

I wasn't given admission at all...
I was thinking we were to accept our details.
The details I saw was my school of choice, course and all that. And I clicked accept!!!
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Jacktheripper: 10:06pm On Sep 22, 2017
davidj20:
d registration is closing very soon, plz u guyz shud help me, can't upload my o'level am using two sittings, buh it is displaying one sitting, my course is biochemistry..wat shud i do...

Have u now sort it out??
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nphzzycute(f): 10:15pm On Sep 22, 2017
MrEgghead:
One has to be smart... If I'm sure of only 50 questions,will it be enough for me?I just pity that guy... It seems Devil is playing chess games with his head... You can only be marked wrong and not one mystical negative marking.
I know right grin grin
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by luvbro(m): 10:16pm On Sep 22, 2017
something is confusing me abt this caps stuff,they said jamb must not be less than 50% does that mean ui won't be using only postutme score this year?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 22, 2017
amrichy:

I no vex o, I think you're right about high scoring students in the UTME coming out with low scores in the post UTME, I'll put that in mind and work towards scoring high in the post UTME to avoid such. But it's not necessarily because of that that I made that post, I just think it lacks logic, not to talk of the emotional stress candidates have to pass through. Imagine, there isn't a well laid down procedure to follow, everything is just been introduced randomly.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 22, 2017
MrEgghead:
It's not a bad idea using only UTME to rank students.Using O level results to rank students was the only parameter I strongly abhorred..I think why putme is still uphold is because of the massive number of applicants that cross the [bold]200 mark[/bold] every year so the universities have to devise other means of reducing the population and further scrutinizing the applicants to get the best.. personally,I love it that way because I couldn't prepare well for the jamb Utme and my jamb score wasn't that high that's even if UI still use both.
Honestly bro, @bolded, they needn't have set the cut off at 200 if they weren't going to admit the applicants who crossed the cut off, they could have set it higher. Then, everybody go dey him lane. Having to go through the pUTME isn't only stressful, but money gulping. Imagine, I spent 3400naira registering and that does not include tfare, imagine the stress from running around too. This same hurdle I went through while registering for UTME, did I have to repeat such twice?

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 22, 2017
Pes13:

God! 4pts? Mekai go study, pray for us bro
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by MrEgghead(m): 10:38pm On Sep 22, 2017
aceOpace:
I no vex o, I think you're right about high scoring students in the UTME coming out with low scores in the post UTME, I'll put that in mind and work towards scoring high in the post UTME to avoid such. But it's not necessarily because of that that I made that post, I just think it lacks logic, not to talk of the emotional stress candidates have to pass through. Imagine, there isn't a well laid down procedure to follow, everything is just been introduced randomly.
Examination is not really a true test of Knowledge..It's just a yardstick to get what you want.. Ofcourse, Questions from utme and putme are always different.It all boils to you being favoured with some many questions you know.. Another person may not so lucky with same questions you were both given. Even the guy that had 90 putme might not be even be in the top ten in his class currently... performances in Examinations are influenced by some many factors. We should all prepare well and pray whatever they bring favour us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by MrEgghead(m): 10:46pm On Sep 22, 2017
Samwise001:
Just pray it's not complicated...I just pray people won't reject their hardearned admissions with this caps of a thing.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by sublimes: 11:40pm On Sep 22, 2017
A Kindhearted fellow should please assist to send UI Post Utme past questions on English, Maths, Biology and Chemistry for MBBS to this email address timsanmii@gmail.com. Thank you.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by seunlayi(m): 12:15am On Sep 23, 2017
Want to know if UI accepts civic education?

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 12:52am On Sep 23, 2017
NO
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by ISISs(m): 1:20am On Sep 23, 2017
Ajet001:

it'll happen by God's grace
thanks
Am with you Ajet..
My fears are dead by HIS GRACE.
UNN TEAMMBBS.

#just this last time.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by EngrBello(m): 1:24am On Sep 23, 2017
MrEgghead:
One has to be smart... If I'm sure of only 50 questions,will it be enough for me?I just pity that guy... It seems Devil is playing chess games with his head... You can only be marked wrong and not one mystical negative marking.

Not necessary you follow my write up¡¿
To proove that Devil is not playing a chess game in your head you can shade everything! ...in fact, you can skip reading the questions, to prevent time from wasting!
#puerile

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by EngrBello(m): 1:33am On Sep 23, 2017
bukdan:
From jamb's sensitization meeting today. It seems Jamb score might take a quota from whatever cutoff any university is setting. Maybe the post-utme quota on admission will be 50% or less. This is all I can infer from the proposed C.A.P.S. for now.

Cc Mr historian
Cc Engbello
Cc Fembleez
Ui is dangerous..
really can't tell,if they'll follow that!
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Jacktheripper: 6:13am On Sep 23, 2017
seunlayi:
Want to know if UI accepts civic education?

No
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by samuelizz(m): 6:21am On Sep 23, 2017
EngrBello:

Not necessary you follow my write up¡¿
To proove that Devil is not playing a chess game in your head you can shade everything! ...in fact, you can skip reading the questions, to prevent time from wasting!
#puerile

gringringrin

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (463) (Reply)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.