Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,489 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (723291 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 7:21am On May 26, 2017
babablogger:
lol
You don work for customer care before see your reply
grin grin Pls right my wrong doings Any flaws.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 7:23am On May 26, 2017
QueenNemesis:
Good day guys!

Is there a way the number of applicants to various departments can be accessed??

This will also help to serve as a guide.

I have searched the whole of google, no positive results.
Yea jamb will release it soon
Perhaps after the change of institution/change of course has ended
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by DokitaDave(m): 8:00am On May 26, 2017
Annibiteye:

Courageous spirit, and it will surely work for you

DokitaDave, where are you? Come enlighten your coursemate to be
Thank you for calling my attention to this ma.

Firstly, let me also salute your courage for holding your head up high in the face of public ignorance even when you seem not to totally understand what is obtainable in Dentistry and Dental Surgery.

So many people (including prospective undergraduates) do not understand the nitty-gritty of Dentistry, hence they do not appreciate it or pick it as a choice course, as the case may be. (By the way, this is somewhat to the advantage of the usually few dental applicants because this sort of brings the cut-off mark down each year)

In simple terms, I'll say Dentistry and Dental Surgery is basically a specialty in medicine that allows you to specialize right from your undergraduate days. Some arguments I read about Dentistry and Dental Surgery on social media are not accurate and thus misleading.

Right from your first year till about after your first year in UCH, BDS and MBBS students take thesame courses all through. Infact, dental students offer more courses. Dental students write more MB (professional medical exams) than MBBS guys. We both spend thesame number of years in school and we do things together many times.

I don't want to sound like someone trying to glorify a course above another because we are both workers in the medical field. BDS and MBBS graduates are regarded as Doctors. They both belong to thesame professional body (NMA) and the prospect is thesame in Nigeria (that's if Dental graduates don't even have upper hand due to the fewer graduates been churned out in the country each year). What about pay? In Nigeria, BDS and MBBS graduates earn thesame using thesame salary scale. In some other western worlds (like the US), dentists earn more than their counterparts.

What else?

My friend, you have made the right choice and you shouldn't be discouraged by the wrong arguments you find in many public spheres.

Let me know if there are some other things you are still not clear about please.

cc: holuwajobar, Bobola07

4 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by neurojosh(m): 8:01am On May 26, 2017
Ajet001:

Alright but believe me there are still top bosses" condomsir", neurojosh and isiss where have you been.??
i dey here dey greet you sir....
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by DokitaDave(m): 8:04am On May 26, 2017
CondomSir:
No UI male student is here.. why
There are. I am one too. Just like Bobola07 wrote, we've been writing tests lately and exams start in about a week time, so that might have kept a lot of students busy.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by DokitaDave(m): 8:09am On May 26, 2017
holuwajobar:
any idea of UI school fee last year
I am not sure if students in all faculties paid the same amount, but first year students of the College of Medicine and Faculty of Science paid N24,750 as tuition. That's separate from the N14,000 for accommodation and N30,000 admission acceptance fee.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by larabae13(f): 8:19am On May 26, 2017
holuwajobar:
any idea of UI school fee last year
from 19-25 excluding ges fee. Nd ges fee is 3000
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by rafo200(m): 8:32am On May 26, 2017
can i change from physiology/biochemistry to medicine in ui.........pls i nid advice on this.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 8:44am On May 26, 2017
QueenNemesis:
Good day guys!

Is there a way the number of applicants to various departments can be accessed??

This will also help to serve as a guide.

I have searched the whole of google, no positive results.

jamb will release it probably after change of course.
Me sef dey await am...
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 8:45am On May 26, 2017
rafo200:
can i change from physiology/biochemistry to medicine in ui.........pls i nid advice on this.

cc dearpiriye DokitaDave
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 8:46am On May 26, 2017
DokitaDave:
There are. I am one too. Just like Bobola07 wrote, we've been writing tests lately and exams start in about a week time, so that might have kept a lot of students busy.

success in your exams oga mi

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by holuwajobar(m): 8:48am On May 26, 2017
DokitaDave:

Firstly, let me also salute your courage for holding your head up high in the face of public ignorance even when you seem not to totally understand what is obtainable in Dentistry and Dental Surgery.

So many people (including prospective undergraduates) do not understand the nitty-gritty of Dentistry, hence they do not appreciate it or pick it as a choice course, as the case may be. (By the way, this is somewhat to the advantage of the usually few dental applicants because this sort of brings the cut-off mark down each year)

In simple terms, I'll say Dentistry and Dental Surgery is basically a specialty in medicine that allows you to specialize right from your undergraduate days. Some arguments I read about Dentistry and Dental Surgery on social media are not accurate and thus misleading.

Right from your first year till after about your first year in UCH, BDS and MBBS students take thesame courses all through. Infact, dental students offer more courses. Dental students write more MB (professional medical exams) than MBBS guys. We both spend thesame number of years in school and we do things together many times.

I don't want to sound like someone trying to glorify a course above another because we are both workers in the medical field. BDS and MBBS graduates are regarded as Doctors. They both belong to thesame professional body (NMA) and the prospect is thesame in Nigeria (that's if Dental graduates don't even have upper hand due to the fewer graduates been churned out in the country each year). What about pay? In Nigeria, BDS and MBBS graduates earn thesame using thesame salary scale. In some other western worlds (like the US), dentists earn more than their counterparts.

What else?

My friend, you have made the right choice and you shouldn't be discouraged by the wrong arguments you find in many public spheres.

Let me know if there are some other things you are still not clear about please.

God bless u fr takin ur time to explain all this...... Now am 100percent sure that i ddnt make the wrong choice...... Am very grateful

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 8:48am On May 26, 2017
DokitaDave:

Right from your first year till after about your first year in UCH, BDS and MBBS students take thesame courses all through. Infact, dental students offer more courses. Dental students write more MB (professional medical exams) than MBBS guys. We both spend thesame number of years in school and we do things together many times.

What else?

10,000Likes for this

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 8:49am On May 26, 2017
DokitaDave:

You must be a medical student. I wish you success in your examinations.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by DokitaDave(m): 8:53am On May 26, 2017
Bobola07:

cc dearpiriye DokitaDave
I am not too certain but I hear people talk about the possibility of crossing over from Physiology if you are among the top performing students after the first year.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by DokitaDave(m): 8:53am On May 26, 2017
Bobola07:

success in your exams oga mi
Thank you so much sir.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by DokitaDave(m): 8:55am On May 26, 2017
holuwajobar:
God bless u fr takin ur time to explain all this...... Now am 100percent sure that i ddnt make the wrong choice...... Am very grateful
I am glad you got the message. Best of God brother.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 8:55am On May 26, 2017
Mirabel2032:
none of the above, am not a ui aspirant.

ook...i don dey notice u as observer. Thats y i mentioned u
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by DokitaDave(m): 8:56am On May 26, 2017
CondomSir:

You must be a medical student. I wish you success in your examinations.
You are right. I am a year one dental student. I appreciate your exam wish. God bless you brother.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by holuwajobar(m): 8:57am On May 26, 2017
DokitaDave:
atleast i can have someone like u to look up to wen i geh admitted to UI

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 9:00am On May 26, 2017
DokitaDave:

in fact when jamb releases candidate statistics, download that of all schools that offer BDS, you'll see that d number of applicants to each skul is never more than 500. Compared to MBBS wia about 6,7,8 or even 10 thousand aspirants jostle for d slots.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by holuwajobar(m): 9:05am On May 26, 2017
Bobola07:

in fact when jamb releases candidate statistics, download that of all schools that offer BDS, you'll see that d number of applicants to each skul is never more than 500. Compared to MBBS wia about 6,7,8 or even 10 thousand aspirants jostle for d slots.
competition too much fr mbbs...... Too too mch
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by DokitaDave(m): 9:05am On May 26, 2017
holuwajobar:
atleast i can have someone like u to look up to wen i geh admitted to UI
shocked

We can always look up to God through Christ and we are sure we won't go wrong brother.

Nonetheless, trust me, you can be sure of a nice and warm reception in our family-like department. Personally, I am eager to receive you, Bobola and other dental aspirants here in UI come January next year.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:09am On May 26, 2017
DokitaDave:
You are right. I am a year one dental student. I appreciate your exam wish. God bless you brother.

God bless you too bro. I'm a statistics aspirant. We shall make it by the special grace of God.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by holuwajobar(m): 9:11am On May 26, 2017
DokitaDave:
shocked

We can always look up to God through Christ and we are sure we won't go wrong brother.

Nonetheless, trust me, you can be sure of a nice and warm reception in our family-like department. Personally, I am eager to receive you, Bobola and other dental aspirants here in UI come January next year.
yh... How is preparation to ur exams
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by peterstones: 9:55am On May 26, 2017
pls I scored 285 in 2017 utme and my five compulsory o level results are Math A1, Eng C4, Chm A1, Phy B2, Bio A1. what's my chance of getting ui medicine and surgery admission?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by holuwajobar(m): 10:15am On May 26, 2017
peterstones:
pls I scored 285 in 2017 utme and my five compulsory o level results are Math A1, Eng C4, Chm A1, Phy B2, Bio A1. what's my chance of getting ui medicine and surgery admission?
ur point is somewhr btw 76 and 77......just pray dy wunt increase d cut off
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by luvbro(m): 10:29am On May 26, 2017
Ajet001:
Luvbro i sight you.!
my boss we just dey here dey observe
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by dearpiriye: 11:49am On May 26, 2017
rafo200:
yes.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by mayowab904: 12:10pm On May 26, 2017
Bobola07:

okay. Philosophy. UI doesnt use all your o'level subjects. They use the 5 that's applicable to your course. Calculate your aggregate using last year's model and compare to d cutoff.

Larabae help out pls
tell me UI requirements for philosophy
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 1:17pm On May 26, 2017
mayowab904:
tell me UI requirements for philosophy

are u applying for a course that you don't know the o'level requirements?

I'm nt an art student but i "feel" u might require stuffs like english, literature, maybe government, history, crs or mathematics.

UI requires 5 o'level credits in english and art subjects
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by davidj20: 3:01pm On May 26, 2017
please is OAU specializing on O'level like UI?

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (463) (Reply)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.