Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (722160 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by bukdan: 12:25pm On Nov 24, 2017
at55:
Pls I didn't see anything concerning the requirements for the clearance...any help pls?
what are the requirements
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 12:26pm On Nov 24, 2017
psalmiel:
I guess it was @TheHistorian that said he'll DEACTIVATE his account if the admission list comes out before December

You gotta stand by your WORD bro(INTEGRITY)

i will give my account as a bonus if Thehistorian deletes his accounts
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 12:30pm On Nov 24, 2017
scromatan:
Pls i did change of institution 2weeks ago..and it hasn't reflected on my jamb caps..I was told to go and print out my original jamb result that the change i made would reflect on my caps page...pls is it true...i need answers...sorry 4 posting dis on dis thread...
Thanks in advance

if you print 10 original jamb results, the change will no reflect on your caps.

going by tradition, whenever ui admits for coc, the ask their candidates to go to jamb site and change their choice of course to the course they were offered.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 12:31pm On Nov 24, 2017
Pharaoh001:
OMG ui portal has been hacked tongue tongue

this is photoshop.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by at55: 12:32pm On Nov 24, 2017
I think hackers have done it again...

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Atlantia(f): 12:35pm On Nov 24, 2017
A friend of mine was unaware of the Jamb CAPS. I only found out yesterday when she gave an unsatisfactory answer to my questions.
To cut a long story short, I had to check and accept the admission on her behalf.

Now, I read somewhere that candidates had 72 hours to accept or reject the admission granted. I don't know when the status on her profile changed so that's that.

Now she logged in to the school's website and it's only showing her utme score, post utme score and aggregate.

My question is - Are the names still being uploaded?
She's worried that she has forfeited the admission.
Or is this all a hoax?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 12:41pm On Nov 24, 2017
2016/2017 CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS.

Note that the requirements for this year's clearance has not been published. I'm only posting this to give an insight on what and what to prepare

Candidates are requested to bring the underlisted documents for the clearance exercise:

1. Two copies of evidence of completion of pre-screening login process

2. Bio-data and Acceptance fee forms to be filled and downloaded from the University of Ibadan Admissions webpage

3. Institution and candidate’s copies of the Admission letter (To be printed from jamb website)

4. Original and 4 photocopies of the UTME result slip (UTME candidates) and Jamb Direct entry print-out (Direct entry candidates)

5. Original and 4 photocopies of the credentials uploaded for the screening exercise - SSCE/GCE//BSC/NCE/OND/HND/CAMBRIDGE O/LEVEL and/or A/LEVEL. Presentation of credentials different from what was uploaded will lead to automatic disqualification.

6. NYSC discharge or exemption letter for Degree holders (Direct Entry)

7. Four (4) recent passport size photographs

8. Original and 4 photocopies of Birth Certificate or Sworn Declaration of Age. Certificates issued by private hospitals and religious institutions are not acceptable.

9. Two letters of reference from two reputable persons - on Letter Headed Papers

10. Original and 2 photocopies of payment receipt for N30, 000.00 Acceptance Fee

11. A file with tags

Candidates are advised to go online to download, fill and bring along for the clearance exercise the following forms at admissions.ui.edu.ng

a. Undertaking form

b. Jamb form B001 and B003

c. Fill the medical form online and submit a copy of the printout at the University Health Service (Jaja Clinic)
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 12:43pm On Nov 24, 2017
at55:
I think hackers have done it again...

There's nothing like hacking here. ui is just talking about the private sms fraudsters send on their name
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by at55: 12:45pm On Nov 24, 2017
Nltaliban:

There's nothing like hacking here. ui is just talking about the private sms fraudsters send on their name

Log out and log back in to your page and tel me wat u see...
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Atlantia(f): 12:47pm On Nov 24, 2017
Nltaliban:

I have to agree with at55.
I asked a question in my previous post.
I checked mine earlier today and my status was - Successful.
When my friend told me what happened, I checked again and the info was gone.

So, what do you think happened?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 12:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
at55:

Log out and log back in to your page and tel me wat u see...

do not pay any acceptance fee.

that acceptance link is from last year, ui is making necessary corrections. we all know they suck at ICT
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 12:56pm On Nov 24, 2017
Atlantia:

I have to agree with at55.
I asked a question in my previous post.
I checked mine earlier today and my status was - Successful.
When my friend told me what happened, I checked again and the info was gone.

So, what do you think happened?

I've logged in again, my details are still there. lets just say its your browser
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by at55: 12:56pm On Nov 24, 2017
For some reasons, this seems like the work of hackers to me...
1. Log out and log back in and d whole info is gone.
2. It seems so sudden...they reopen coc and are calling for clearance? With no info whatsoever as to the requirements for the clearance? Assuming the clearance process is similar to that of last year, what of all the forms we are supposed to download and fill from the admissions page?
3. There is no info whatsoever concernin the said clearance on the university's main page. Every other info concerning this admission process from Post Utme to cut off has been shown there directly or indirectly, y not this?

Just ma opinion...

P.s. I'm going ahead to get ready just in case...
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Temilistic22(m): 12:58pm On Nov 24, 2017
Pls, my portal is not showing the merit list and my CAPS admission status is still showing "admission in progress".
What's happening to me?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 12:59pm On Nov 24, 2017
last year, ui admitted 3598. lets see what this year will bring
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 1:02pm On Nov 24, 2017
at55:
For some reasons, this seems like the work of hackers to me...
1. Log out and log back in and d whole info is gone.
2. It seems so sudden...they reopen coc and are calling for clearance? With no info whatsoever as to the requirements for the clearance? Assuming the clearance process is similar to that of last year, what of all the forms we are supposed to download and fill from the admissions page?
3. There is no info whatsoever concernin the said clearance on the university's main page. Every other info concerning this admission process from Post Utme to cut off has been shown there directly or indirectly, y not this?

Just ma opinion...

P.s. I'm going ahead to get ready just in case...

calm down man. ui is sure going to update every down thing on their site. we all know they are sluggish and not good in ict

and about the reopening of COC, we all are confused.

but, i must say that my details are still showing here
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 1:03pm On Nov 24, 2017
Temilistic22:
Pls, my portal is not showing the merit list and my CAPS admission status is still showing "admission in progress".
What's happening to me?

calm down, your name has been sent to jam, your admission status will soon be updated on CAPS
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 24, 2017
The ICT team are trying to make corrections and moderations and some people already tagged it hacking!! undecided

I'm not surprised anyway.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by LegendKing(m): 1:10pm On Nov 24, 2017
Later na somebody will be shouting first and the best. First and the best ko first and the bestest ni.......... Mtcheeeeeww
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by LegendKing(m): 1:14pm On Nov 24, 2017
This is not hacking jare, no hacker has time for all this rubbish. The ''first and the best'' ICT unit is just wack.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Atlantia(f): 1:14pm On Nov 24, 2017
Nltaliban:

I've logged in again, my details are still there. lets just say its your browser
Alright then.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by psalmiel(m): 1:20pm On Nov 24, 2017
Guys, you'll still need to have some patience concerning the clearance.
UI hasn't officially released the COLLATED MERIT LIST on their page.
I think it will be sensible no one should pay any acceptance fee for now .

#WisdomIsProfitableToDirect

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Pharaoh001(f): 1:30pm On Nov 24, 2017
Nltaliban:

this is photoshop.

For real....I swear to GOD..
It jamed with my portal after login in
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 1:33pm On Nov 24, 2017
bukdan:
How are we to do this clearance of a thing. I have been scheduled for day 4 Nov. 30. Abeg Historians, Ntaliban . any info

Calm down.. Necessary information will be posted
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 1:34pm On Nov 24, 2017
CondomSir:
The ICT team are trying to make corrections and moderations and some people already tagged it hacking!! undecided

I'm not surprised anyway.

No mind this people abeg
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by boyejo123(m): 1:35pm On Nov 24, 2017
Pharaoh001:

For real....I swear to GOD..
It jamed with my portal after login in
please
a good Samaritan should help me check my caps account, trying to log in but showing welcome, don't know how to change to desktop view, just help me check what's written there concerning admission
email-folorunsoeniola3@gmail.com
password-ennyguy
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 1:35pm On Nov 24, 2017
LegendKing:
Later na somebody will be shouting first and the best. First and the best ko first and the bestest ni.......... Mtcheeeeeww

grin grin grin grin grin

Uniibadan FIRST AND BEST

FOUNTAIN HEAD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 1:36pm On Nov 24, 2017
LegendKing:
This is not hacking jare, no hacker has time for all this rubbish. The ''first and the best'' ICT unit is just wack.

Thank God some of us understand
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 1:38pm On Nov 24, 2017
About the acceptance fee, I think the portal needs to be properly moderated first. What was there before might be last year payment information or so.

Ui's website has not been hacked.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Stry4(f): 1:41pm On Nov 24, 2017
Nltaliban:
About the acceptance fee, I think the portal needs to be properly moderated first. What was there before might be last year payment information or so.

Ui's website has not been hacked.
i tried to log in but itz nt goin..y plz?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by scromatan(m): 1:45pm On Nov 24, 2017
Nltaliban:

if you print 10 original jamb results, the change will no reflect on your caps.

going by tradition, whenever ui admits for coc, the ask their candidates to go to jamb site and change their choice of course to the course they were offered.

okay bro...
buh i'm nt talking about ui coc oh...
I changed from ui to a polytechnic...nd the change hasn't reflected...
Pls wat can i do b4 it's 2 late
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Ayoomodaddy(f): 1:47pm On Nov 24, 2017
Um, I've logged in and out thrice now and there's nothing there, just the Jamb, post utme scores, aggregrate and cut-off marks that are still showing, am I safe somebody, anybody, kindly advice.

Cc: Nltaliban, CondomSir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (463) (Reply)

2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.