Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,354 members, 7,853,567 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:17 PM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (731108 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by itzeminent: 6:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
Am opting for agricultural economics and i score 215 in jamb and 2 b2,2 b3 and c6 in waec... Pls do I have a good chance to be admitted
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
[quote author=godslaw post=57125456]please house, I just accessed this group on nairaland late, just discovered Pharmacy isn't gonna be considered this year in UI. I scored 250 in jamb.[/qoute]
You're welcome sir
The pharmacy stuff Is painful
So what's your o'level like.?

Please I need advice as to how I can change my course or Any suggestions to change of institution if I don't have a choice...
You can consider
Physiotherapy
Nursing
Medical lab science(mls)
Since they're all professional courses

Does UI admit candidates to less competitive departments of one does not meet up requirements to high competitive departments..
No
In fact i personally know some guys who were 0.08, 0.62, 1.50, 1.80, 2.00 below the cut -off mark last year that weren't admitted.
Once you did not meet up
Na to go find another means sure pass
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 6:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
itzeminent:
Am opting for agricultural economics and i score 215 in jamb and 2 b2,2 b3 and c6 in waec... Pls do I have a good chance to be admitted

58.54 is your aggregate "using last year's model". Cutoff for Agric Econs last year was 51.00

I'll say u have a very good chance, "ceteris paribus"

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 6:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
godslaw:
please house, I just accessed this group on nairaland late, just discovered Pharmacy isn't gonna be considered this year in UI. I scored 250 in jamb.

please I need advice as to how I can change my course or Any suggestions to change of institution if I don't have a choice...

Does UI admit candidates to less competitive departments of one does not meet up requirements to high competitive departments..

you have just 1 option:

1. Jamb change of course. If you love pharmacy, You can change your institution to another school, but if you still prefer UI, change to another course.
If you dont mind, post your o'level results and lets help u calculate your aggregate using last year's model so we can suggest some courses that will be safe to change to.

To your last question, i was 0.08 from cutoff last year. That should answer the question.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 02, 2017
Wizdray:
Is Petroleum Engineering a competitive course?? So I can change the course jejely
It's competitive
But what's your o'level and jamb score. Let see if you stand a chance
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by NNAMDIII(m): 7:00pm On Jun 02, 2017
oldfoolnigger:

about pol.sci issue,maths is needed in utme.
Bro maths is not needed o! Last year unn showed me shege, i wrote maths in my utme utme and before they gave me admission it was already too late! Academy just dismissed 72 cadets!
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 02, 2017
Seyitay1212:
Pls I choose ui and scored 223 in jamb, com sci or statistics but am using dis yr neco awaiting result...pls waits ur advice for me bfor it's too late..thanks
Computer Science is competitive
But staticstics is a sure bet

But just hope and pray that the NECO results will be out before the screening registration elapses
I wish you well
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
salesforce:
Hi students
Hello.! You're welcome sir
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by EngrBello(m): 8:07pm On Jun 02, 2017
Sometimes, I got devastated to see pple changing thier desire course/career for another... coz of fake competitions at our Nigeria Uni's., Universities are the prime factors, causing unemployment in our Nation today ...
• They change about 60% student career all in the names of getting admission...someone who had already dream of becoming Doctor/Engineer/Lawyer....later turn to become Teacher/Educationist (that is even if dey give him/her admission at all )
•Guys who Graduate find it hard to work with the certificate simply because, they have No Desire/affection for it(graduated profession)..but were forced to show fake love for the COURSE being giving to them at the helm when they're dieing for ADMISSION.

someone who have gotten affection to be Doctor in future ,find it easy to relate with pple and make them feel at ease whenever they have health challenge issues....samething applies to Engineering(repairing stuffs during secondary school age)...etc
but now this universities change our career entirely...

I won't be surprise to see Biochemist,Microbiologist,physics etc engaging themselves with teaching stuffs in future..... all because...Universities have changed thier real Career.... People who desired to be an Educationist find it easy to comprehend into thier career in future... why?? because they've got what they have affection for.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by SEEDORF441(m): 8:15pm On Jun 02, 2017
Hello aos, is criminology in university of ibadan?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Wizdray: 8:53pm On Jun 02, 2017
Ajet001:

It's competitive
But what's your o'level and jamb score. Let see if you stand a chance
246 in jamb and C in all five essential subjects in Waec
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 02, 2017
Wizdray:
246 in jamb and C in all five essential subjects in Waec
There is C4, C5 and C6
So which one.
Be specific
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
NNAMDIII:
Bro maths is not needed o! Last year unn showed me shege, i wrote maths in my utme utme and before they gave me admission it was already too late! Academy just dismissed 72 cadets!

Try and check UI brochure for their course requirements. You can write mathematics in UME for political science in UI(not UNN)

a perfect UME combo could be;
maths
english
govt or history(one of the two)
econs.

However, maths can be replaced with a social science/art subject
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by vimma(f): 9:13pm On Jun 02, 2017
Hello guys. Is there a group for aspiring medical students for UI. Please let me know. Thanks
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by godslaw(m): 9:26pm On Jun 02, 2017
Bobola07:

you have just 1 option:

1. Jamb change of course. If you love pharmacy, You can change your institution to another school, but if you still prefer UI, change to another course.
If you dont mind, post your o'level results and lets help u calculate your aggregate using last year's model so we can suggest some courses that will be safe to change to.

To your last question, i was 0.08 from cutoff last year. That should answer the question.

I scored 250 in Jamb

I have the following In Waec
Maths C4
English C6
Physics B2
Chemistry B3
Biology B3

please I will appreciate suggestions..
Cheers
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Wizdray: 9:52pm On Jun 02, 2017
Ajet001:

There is C4, C5 and C6
So which one.
Be specific
English - c4; Maths - c5; Chem - c6; Phy - c6; Bio - c6; Jamb - 246; Course - Petroleum Engineering...
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Rayman1000: 10:12pm On Jun 02, 2017
EngrBello:

Sometimes, I got devastated to see pple changing thier desire course/career for another... coz of fake competitions at our Nigeria Uni's., Universities are the prime factors, causing unemployment in our Nation today ...
• They change about 60% student career all in the names of getting admission...someone who had already dream of becoming Doctor/Engineer/Lawyer....later turn to become Teacher/Educationist (that is even if dey give him/her admission at all )
•Guys who Graduate find it hard to work with the certificate simply because, they have No Desire/affection for it(graduated profession)..but were forced to show fake love for the COURSE being giving to them at the helm when they're dieing for ADMISSION.

someone who have gotten affection to be Doctor in future ,find it easy to relate with pple and make them feel at ease whenever they have health challenge issues....samething applies to Engineering(repairing stuffs during secondary school age)...etc
but now this universities change our career entirely...

I won't be surprise to see Biochemist,Microbiologist,physics etc engaging themselves with teaching stuffs in future..... all because...Universities have changed thier real Career.... People who desired to be an Educationist find it easy to comprehend into thier career in future... why?? Kopp because they've got what they have affection for.
Bro true, but you talk as if teaching is bad or something, is like you don't know how rich lecturers and professors are in university. A friend of mine is studying comp.sci in unilag and his dream is to be a professor. Yes school actually give people courses they never thought they would study but just don't put the blame on schools only. Parents too are to blame plus we as individuals put ourselves in that situation. A lot of don't even listen to ourselves, we are always trying to please our parents by following what they want us to study. I met a girl and asked her what was her propose for being in the Uni and she said because she wants to be educated clearly showing she doesn't even know what she wants. I tried studying comp.sci in unilag for 3 years but was always giving education. I didn't want to study comp.sci, my dad wanted me to. I finally took up the education but I'd not allow school to decide my future too, so I took jamb. Along time I found out that I love calculations because I give me joy, relaxes me and makes me think better. I discovered this during my first try in studying comp.sci. Now 3 years gone likely waisted, who do I blame, the school? My parents? Or myself for not listening to me earlier. I'd blame myself but am glad and thank God I'd finally be able to study what I like that is mathematics. Even uptil today, my dad still asks me if I could change course to study comp.sci but I tell him no straight up. What am saying is that a lot of candidates just study courses for no reason, some because their parents wants them to study what they want. Remember it's your life you are living not your parents life. That's why we have a lot of depressed people, a lot of unemployment to add. All this things starts from the roots. Please for God's sake study what you like plus its not a must you must make it in this bloody country if it does not show you love, you move somewhere else. Hope you get what am saying. Oh yeah another reason is choice of university. Some abandon there course because they want to go that a particular university by force by fire which is wrong. Confusion everywhere, still all comes from the root. Good planning solves everything. We and our parents should come together and plan, put things in place on time not when it's time to enter school then we start rushing a lot of decision one might later regret.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Seyitay1212: 10:37pm On Jun 02, 2017
Ajet001:

Computer Science is competitive
But staticstics is a sure bet

But just hope and pray that the NECO results will be out before the screening registration elapses
I wish you well

Please around what time do you think the screening registration will elapse..thank you
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by holuwajobar(m): 10:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
UI, how far na... Hope dz strike wunt affect d aspiring freshers resumption sha.....na January 2 dy my mind ooo...moreover, make we see cut off fr d courses fest....304 wil nt waste like d one dah wasted last year.....292 jez waste like dah.....omo, i cried like a baby..... I swore fr d government who scrapped post jamb......Baba God....i wish to see everyone in dz thread at UI...... God come n do wonders oooo...

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 02, 2017
Wizdray:
English - c4; Maths - c5; Chem - c6; Phy - c6; Bio - c6; Jamb - 246; Course - Petroleum Engineering...

Your point is 44% which is less than 50%. UI will not admit you into any course. Please do a change of institution, and change your course also
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by EngrBello(m): 12:27am On Jun 03, 2017
Rayman1000:
Bro true, but you talk as if teaching is bad or something, is like you don't know how rich lecturers and professors are in university. A friend of mine is studying comp.sci in unilag and his dream is to be a professor. Yes school actually give people courses they never thought they would study but just don't put the blame on schools only. Parents too are to blame plus we as individuals put ourselves in that situation. A lot of don't even listen to ourselves, we are always trying to please our parents by following what they want us to study. I met a girl and asked her what was her propose for being in the Uni and she said because she wants to be educated clearly showing she doesn't even know what she wants. I tried studying comp.sci in unilag for 3 years but was always giving education. I didn't want to study comp.sci, my dad wanted me to. I finally took up the education but I'd not allow school to decide my future too, so I took jamb. Along time I found out that I love calculations because I give me joy, relaxes me and makes me think better. I discovered this during my first try in studying comp.sci. Now 3 years gone likely waisted, who do I blame, the school? My parents? Or myself for not listening to me earlier. I'd blame myself but am glad and thank God I'd finally be able to study what I like that is mathematics. Even uptil today, my dad still asks me if I could change course to study comp.sci but I tell him no straight up. What am saying is that a lot of candidates just study courses for no reason, some because their parents wants them to study what they want. Remember it's your life you are living not your parents life. That's why we have a lot of depressed people, a lot of unemployment to add. All this things starts from the roots. Please for God's sake study what you like plus its not a must you must make it in this bloody country if it does not show you love, you move somewhere else. Hope you get what am saying. Oh yeah another reason is choice of university. Some abandon there course because they want to go that a particular university by force by fire which is wrong. Confusion everywhere, still all comes from the root. Good planning solves everything. We and our parents should come together and plan, put things in place on time not when it's time to enter school then we start rushing a lot of decision one might later regret.

thanks fam.
we're on same side.
but •50% pple took teaching as compensation course especially at tough Uni's
•40% see it as last choice
•10% pple,originally have passion for the career (teaching )
that's one of reasons we lack good and dedicated teachers in nigeria.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Wizdray: 12:35am On Jun 03, 2017
CondomSir:

Your point is 44% which is less than 50%. UI will not admit you into any course. Please do a change of institution, and change your course also
Alright bro. Thanks, Jah Bless
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 4:09am On Jun 03, 2017
Wizdray:
Alright bro. Thanks, Jah Bless
May God crown our efforts
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Seyitay1212: 6:01am On Jun 03, 2017
Pls when is UI screening registration always commence and the closing time..
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 03, 2017
Seyitay1212:

Please around what time do you think the screening registration will elapse..thank you
I don't know for now
The screening registration is yet to begin
But last year NECO results came out when the registration is just about 5-days away from closing.
Those who applied to UNILORIN, FUTA were unable to use their NECO last year....(awaiting results)

But i even heard jamb saying that if your o'level is not ready before august no admission..and neco always come out around late september

Mr condomsir bobola07 oldfoolnigger kingovo engrbello what's your take on this.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 03, 2017
Wizdray:
Your aggregate score is 44.08 sir
And UI does not admitt any student below 50 to any of its department

I'll suggest you do change of institution/course as soon as possible
I'm sorry but that's the truth sir
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Rayman1000: 7:31am On Jun 03, 2017
EngrBello:

thanks fam.
we're on same side.
but •50% pple took teaching as compensation course especially at tough Uni's
•40% see it as last choice
•10% pple,originally have passion for the career (teaching )
that's one of reasons we lack good and dedicated teachers in nigeria.

I agree
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 8:23am On Jun 03, 2017
Ajet001:

I don't know for now
But last year NECO results came out when the registration is just about 5-days away from closing.
Those who applied to UNILORIN, FUTA were unable to use their NECO last year....(awaiting results)

But i even heard jamb saying that if your o'level is not ready before august no admission..and neco always come out around late september

u have said it all sir.
good morning by the way.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 8:24am On Jun 03, 2017
godslaw:

I scored 250 in Jamb

I have the following In Waec
Maths C4
English C6
Physics B2
Chemistry B3
Biology B3

please I will appreciate suggestions..
Cheers

okay. I calculated ur aggregate using last year's model..and u have 59.58
using cutoffs from last year, for courses with the same o'level and jamb combination,
ur aggregate scaled the following courses
1. Veterinary Medicine (50.00)
2. Biochemistry (58.66)
3. Chemistry (50.00)
4. Human Nutrition (57.16)
5. Physiology (57.79)
6. Zoology (50.00)
7. Botany (50.00)

this should serve as a guide for you in changing your course.

I hope this helps
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 8:27am On Jun 03, 2017
Ajet001:

I don't know for now

i feel NECO will be taken into consideration.
Jamb set a november 30, 2016 deadline for all admissions last year, but schools released more lists after naw...
So, lets be hopeful that UI will give time for d neco aspirants.
But then, u know most schools start admission processing majorly from august till september.

In all sha, lets be hopeful
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Wizdray: 8:39am On Jun 03, 2017
CondomSir:

May God crown our efforts
Amen
Ajet001:

Your aggregate score is 44.08 sir
And UI does not admitt any student below 50 to any of its department

I'll suggest you do change of institution/course as soon as possible
I'm sorry but that's the truth sir
Am gonna do that once the form is out. Thanks once again bro
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 03, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (463) (Reply)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.