Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Why Is Giving With Left Hands Exactly Wrong? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Is Giving With Left Hands Exactly Wrong? (577 Views)

Masquerades Seen Giving A Man Change After The Man Offered Them Money / Receiving Or Paying Money With Left Hand / Yoruba Man Allegedly Refuses N5m Cheque Because It Was Presented With Left Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Giving With Left Hands Exactly Wrong? by mamuzoOMAH(m): 9:29am On Apr 07, 2017
So 3 days ago I was at the market with my friend. I attempted to give the seller money with my left hand and he rebuked me immediately despite my right hand being full with somethings. Now my question is, what exactly is wrong in giving or receiving with your left hand? What is the rationale behind this?
Re: Why Is Giving With Left Hands Exactly Wrong? by LordIsaac(m): 9:38am On Apr 07, 2017
It's a norm the society has come to accept. A folkway!
Re: Why Is Giving With Left Hands Exactly Wrong? by OfficialAwol(m): 10:01am On Apr 07, 2017
mamuzoOMAH:
So 3 days ago I was at the market with my friend. I attempted to give the seller money with my left hand and he rebuked me immediately despite my right hand being full with somethings. Now my question is, what exactly is wrong in giving or receiving with your left hand? What is the rationale behind this?

Giving with left hand goes against laid down societal values which distorts societal order.

No matter how much western culture invades the African atmosphere, we are still Africans.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Vegetable Tomato Stew / . / Massive 5,000 Year Old Burial Monument Unearthed In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.