Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons (26364 Views)

John Momoh Appointed Interim Chairman UNILAG Governing Council / 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons / 12 New Federal Universities Approved As 2nd Choice By JAMB For 2017 Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by kahal29: 7:05pm On Apr 07, 2017
Pursuant to his powers under the laws establishing the federal universities in Nigeria, His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the reconstitution of Governing Councils of 23 out of the 40 federal universities in the country for a period of four years in the first instance.

The institutions affected are those whose Governing Councils’ tenures have elapsed or would on 9th April, 2017.

In making these appointments, Mr. President had taken cognizance of the requirements for membership into governing councils, which include among others, a minimum of a university degree, high integrity, and commitment to educational development of the country.

In addition, consideration was also given to geo-political spread, in order to reflect federal character and foster sense of belonging.

The affected universities and their Chairmen are as follows:

1. Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria – AVM Muktar Mohammed

2. University of Nigeria, Nsukka – Chief Mike Olorunfemi

3. University of Lagos – Dr. Wale Babalakin

4. Federal University of Technology, Owerr (FUTO) – Prof John Ofem

5. University of Calabar – Sen. Nkechi Justina Nworgu

6. University of Ibadan – Joshua Waklek, mni

7. Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Uni (ATBU), Bauchi – Amb. Niniola Nimota Akanbi

8. Bayero University, Kano (BUK) – Prof. Ibrahim Gambari

9. Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) – Se. J.K.N. Waku

10. Fed. Uni of Petroleum Res., Effurum (FUPRE) – Prof Shehu Abdullahi Zuru

11. Federal University of Technology (FUT), Minna – Prof Femi Odekunle

12. Michael Okpara University of Agric, Umudike (MOUAU) – Engr. Bello Suleiman

13. Modibbo Adama University of Tech, Yola – M. Bukar Zarma

14. Nmandi Azikiwe University, Awka – Alhaji Aziz Bello

15. University of Abuja – Alhaji Sani Maikudi

16. Fed University of Agric, Abeokuta – Dr. Aboki Zhawa

17. Fed University of Agriculture, Makurdi – Prof Alkassum Abba

18. University of Benin – Alhaji Isah Ashiru

19. University of Ilorin – Dr. Jibril Oyekan

20. University of Jos – Prince Tony Momoh

21. University of Maiduguri – Prof. Biodun Adesanya

22. University of Uyo – Prof. A. C. Awujo

23. Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto – Rtd Hon. Justice Pearl Enajere

Those not affected by the reconstitution are the Governing Councils of the 12 new Federal Universities in Lokoja, Otueke, Gashua, Dutsin-Ma, Oye-Ekiti, Lafia, Gusau, Wukari, Kashere, Birnin-Kebbi, Dutse and Ndifu-Alike-Ikwo which were inaugurated in March, 2016 as well as those of the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ile-Ife and University of Port Harcourt, which were re-constituted in January this year (2017).

The tenure of the council of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) will elapse in January 2018.

The new Governing Councils are to be inaugurated at the auditorium of the National Universities Commission (NUC) on a date to be announced soon.

Mallam Adamu Adamu
Honourable Minister of Education
06 April, 2017

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/228215-23-federal-universities-get-new-governing-councils-full-list-chairpersons.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by Igboesika: 7:14pm On Apr 07, 2017
vb
Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by doctorgold(m): 8:56pm On Apr 07, 2017
Chai!.
When prince Tony Momoh was blabbing about Nigerians having to beg PMB to contest in 2019, I said he only needs an appointment.
Here it is.
Congrats Price Tony Momoh.
This should keep you quiet for a while.

8 Likes

Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by gudnex22(m): 9:42pm On Apr 07, 2017
as usual if you understand hit like .
if you understand but think otherwise share

29 Likes

Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 07, 2017
All I know for now,Is my school is hosting this NUGA.
new pussies in the school.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-wlTmkD84Vhk/Vf2a7gK0fOI/AAAAAAAAA3Q/PUzp5Qg7EyE/s1600/NUGA.png[/img]
in case you're a participant here.
holla me when you arrive mkd.
Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by auntysimbiat(f): 10:40pm On Apr 07, 2017
Hmmm
Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by Soskid(m): 10:41pm On Apr 07, 2017
ok
Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by SeniorZato(m): 10:42pm On Apr 07, 2017
I see my prof

1 Like

Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 07, 2017
He shouldn't have bothered with other tribes. Make we just know say na mallams and mallamas dey in charge. Shior.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by Shelloween(m): 10:43pm On Apr 07, 2017
Zoo attendants.
Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by OYAY(m): 10:44pm On Apr 07, 2017
Ok o, lets wait and see as they proof their mettle.

1 Like

Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by phreakabit(m): 10:45pm On Apr 07, 2017
Malams everywhere even one name self na Aboki!
Gworo things!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by shibanbo(m): 10:45pm On Apr 07, 2017
Why him carry Hausa full for east university,still liv Hausa for northern university

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by jerryBoss1(m): 10:51pm On Apr 07, 2017
olihilistic:
All I know for now,Is my school is hosting this NUGA.
new pussies in the school.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-wlTmkD84Vhk/Vf2a7gK0fOI/AAAAAAAAA3Q/PUzp5Qg7EyE/s1600/NUGA.png[/img]
in case you're a participant here.
holla me when you arrive mkd.

GREAT MAKURDIAN I HAIL YOU ....Enuf jamo
Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by yelloo1(m): 10:52pm On Apr 07, 2017
I guess dis will put an end to d perpetual strike baa?? If not den no be our business
Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 07, 2017
We no go gree.
We go pursue this Abokis

2 Likes

Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by fatdick(m): 10:53pm On Apr 07, 2017
That doesn't change the fact that Buhari got it all wrong in the appointment of an ordinary mallam as Minister of Education and a Professor (and former VC) as Minister of State for Education. How can a Prof. be answerable to a Mallam in the Federal Ministry of Education? Well, what do I know. It's the Northerner's country and power.

8 Likes

Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by askjohnprosper: 10:54pm On Apr 07, 2017
me fear fear o! So na Hausa come go school pass east ? This appointment ehh!

4 Likes

Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by oroky1: 10:55pm On Apr 07, 2017
MOUAU I see u dia
Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 07, 2017
this appointment sef not only did Aboki appoint all the ABOKI I even saw a man that bears Aboki

3 Likes

Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by Sealeddeal(m): 10:56pm On Apr 07, 2017
Northern list

5 Likes

Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 07, 2017
See list. Federal character is only remembered when they can't compete fairly

4 Likes

Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by Xtiansun(m): 10:57pm On Apr 07, 2017
This is prejudice of the highest order, the south-east University was allocated with the northerners but Northern university was not allocated with the Easterner rather the same northerners. This is undemocratic and unacceptable.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by triplewisdom: 11:01pm On Apr 07, 2017
Northerns don finish Nigeria. cheesy grin grin grin
Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by onyidon22(m): 11:03pm On Apr 07, 2017
phreakabit:
Malams everywhere even one name self na Aboki!
Gworo things!

1 Like

Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by Princemodris(m): 11:04pm On Apr 07, 2017
@Prof. Ibrahim Gambari is double sided. That's the founder of the Masters in International Studies And Diplomacy in the great Ahmadu Bello University Zaria. Proud of prof

1 Like

Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by DaInferno(m): 11:04pm On Apr 07, 2017
bye bye to prof kucha...what a relief
Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by Blessytee(f): 11:07pm On Apr 07, 2017
seen
Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by agabaI23(m): 11:12pm On Apr 07, 2017
I thought I was the only one that saw this.
Gradually like it is required in their IOC law, almost all educational institution is headed by a moslem either directly or indirectly.
It is more than politics.
if they have their way, all university vice chancellors will be moslems and from the North.

1 Like

Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by farouk0403(m): 11:18pm On Apr 07, 2017
Tribal bigots everywhere,
I am very sure most of the people that commented above me are Igbo's

if you know that you are Igbo you are free to qoute me.

3 Likes

Re: 23 Federal Universities Get New Governing Councils — Full List Of Chairpersons by lonelydora: 11:18pm On Apr 07, 2017
No, we will not take it. grin cheesy

Congratulations to the them all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Disrupt AAUA Students' Protest; Shoots Sporadically (Graphic Photos) / Student Attempts Suicide Over ASUU Strike / Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.