Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,251 members, 7,836,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Pastor Tortures Boy With Pressing Iron - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pastor Tortures Boy With Pressing Iron (809 Views)

Stepmother Tortures 10-Year-Old Girl With Fire (photo) / Woman Tortures Boy With Bites & Razor Blades in Lagos (Pic) / Secondary School Cultist Stabs Boy With ‘poisoned Knife’ •victim’s Leg Amputated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Tortures Boy With Pressing Iron by Don4life: 9:26am On Dec 29, 2009
An Ikorodu-based prophet, Afolabi Awoteju, on Christmas day inflicted serious injuries on his cousin, Ezekiel Shopitan, with an electric pressing iron, over missing N200.

While other families were busy celebrating the yuletide, 40-year-old Prophet Awoteju was busy torturing the body of the 13-year-old JSS II student of Ewu-Elepe Community High School, Ikorodu, with a red hot pressing iron.

Narrating his ordeal to P.M.NEWS, Ezekiel said he helped his uncle to sell a N200 recharge card, but unfortunately, he misplaced the money. When the wife reported him to his uncle, he was very furious and pounced on him.

“Turning deaf ears to my screaming and pleas for mercy, he first used an electric cable to whip me, then he plugged an electric iron and started stamping it on my chest, back and buttocks. He was forced to stop torturing me by some landlords and other people in the neighbourhood,” the poor boy revealed amidst tears.

Ezekiel, who disclosed that his parents reside in Ogijo, Ogun State, about 10 kilometres from Ikorodu, said he does not know how to locate them, as he started staying with his uncle at a very tender age.

In his reaction, Awoteju, who was formerly an Alhaji, told P.M.News that he never knew what got over him to carrying out such a barbaric act. He put the blame at the doorstep of the devil.

He said it was when he saw the boy the following day that he realised the evil he had committed.

The prophet, who is in charge of the Celestial Church of Christ (CCC), Itunu Parish, said: “though the boy is troublesome, I never meant to use the hot pressing iron on him, it was like my body had been taken over by the devil. His father is my brother and he has been staying with me for a very long time. I can only say I’m sorry for this wicked act.” The case has since been reported at the Sagamu Road Police Division, Ikorodu, where the prophet is being detained over the dastardly act.

Mr. Ukadike Anamazobi, the Divisional Police Officer, DPO, of the station condemned the act. He described it as sheer wickedness, adding it was the prophet’s landlord that came to report the incident at the police.

He said that the police are making efforts to locate the boy’s parents.

Ezekiel is receiving treatment at the Ikorodu General Hospital, while the police are concluding plans to arraign the suspect in the court.

Re: Pastor Tortures Boy With Pressing Iron by Odunnu: 10:33am On Dec 29, 2009
Kan u imagine!!!wht qualities of a Leadr did d church c in him b4 they ordaind hm a leadr?na wa o!
Re: Pastor Tortures Boy With Pressing Iron by queenesthr(f): 1:50pm On Dec 29, 2009
Poor Boy. God will help him.
Re: Pastor Tortures Boy With Pressing Iron by kshow1(m): 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2009
Odunnu:

Kan u imagine!!!wht qualities of a Leadr did d church c in him b4 they ordaind hm a leadr?na wa o!

Any fraudster can call himself pastor in the name of milking innocent congregation.
Re: Pastor Tortures Boy With Pressing Iron by shotster50(m): 3:33am On Jan 01, 2010
That man is definitely not a pastor. A babalawo most definitely but pastor, hell naw!
Re: Pastor Tortures Boy With Pressing Iron by harakiri(m): 10:28pm On Jan 01, 2010
The things human beings do to themselves will always remain an unsolved mystery.And to think he has the guts to blame it on the devil.Why didn't he blame it on the alcohol instead?

It's this same man that many dumb/gullible Nigerians will run to for "visions" and fortune telling.You will see well educated men/women going to such low life's to determine their future.Some people are deeply in bondage with these so called prophets that they can't make any major decision without seeing the "woli".

Well, here is it is.Wind don blow flow yansh.
Re: Pastor Tortures Boy With Pressing Iron by mamagee3(f): 10:08pm On Feb 20, 2010
Seriously, why do we still call this man a pastor, he should be known as Lucifer
Because that's what he is
Re: Pastor Tortures Boy With Pressing Iron by dominique(f): 9:38pm On Mar 13, 2010
all over a paltry sum of 200 naira. poverty has turned people into despicable monsters cry

(1) (Reply)

Yar’adua’s Wife Arrested In Lagos / A Man Rapes UNILAG Student & Posts Her Nude Photos On The Internet / PHOTOS- Woman Roasts 7-yr-old Step-son’s Hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.