Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,159 members, 7,829,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Six Nigerian Drug Dealers Sentenced To Prison In South Africa - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Six Nigerian Drug Dealers Sentenced To Prison In South Africa (1511 Views)

Drug-Smuggling Cat Escapes From Prison In Sri Lanka / Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation / 2 Nigerian Drug Dealers Arrested In U.K. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Nigerian Drug Dealers Sentenced To Prison In South Africa by tstx(m): 7:43am On Apr 08, 2017
The Secunda District Court in Mpumalanga, South Africa on Wednesday, 5 April 2017, handed hefty sentences to six Nigerian nationals, who were found guilty of manufacturing and dealing in drugs.

Chibuzor Paul Ezekware, Samuel Okafor and Goodwin Addo Abunne were each sentenced to 36 years imprisonment. Henry Ulangu Ukaegby and Innocent Akuziele will spend 16 years in jail each, while Junior Okafor was sentenced to 18 months behind bars.

Ezekware, Okafor and Abunne were also ordered to pay R11 500, R4 800 and R7 000 back to the state respectively. Ukaegby and Akuziele will pay R2 600 and R1 800 back to the state respectively.

The seventh suspect’s case will be heard in the Evander Regional Court on 10 May 2017.

The National Head of the Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation, Lieutenant General Mthandazo Ntlemeza, has welcomed the sentence, saying the Hawks do not aim to arrest suspect only, but to secure convictions and ensure that justice is served.
“We are clamping down on drugs and all other serious crimes and criminals must be warned that we will send them to jail for a very long time,” said Lieutenant General Ntlemeza.

The suspects were arrested by the Hawks in Secunda and Crime Intelligence on 18 August 2016. (See photos of two of them on the day of arrest).

"The crackdown (called Project 24) on the syndicate came today after 14 months of investigation and gathering of information using unconventional methods,” said Capt Lucy Sekgotodi, provincial spokesperson for the Hawks on the day of arrest.

The Hawks began moving in on the dealers at 04:00 that morning and arrested the seven men at various houses in Secunda and Trichardt.

They also confiscated five vehicles used in drug transactions.

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2017/04/photo-six-nigerians-drug-dealers.html?m=1
Re: Six Nigerian Drug Dealers Sentenced To Prison In South Africa by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:44am On Apr 08, 2017
Re: Six Nigerian Drug Dealers Sentenced To Prison In South Africa by bbm2016(m): 7:46am On Apr 08, 2017
All I see are igbo names.....
Why...??
My igbi people change!!!!! sad

1 Like

Re: Six Nigerian Drug Dealers Sentenced To Prison In South Africa by Blessed16(m): 7:49am On Apr 08, 2017
it's well my bros, struggle continues
Re: Six Nigerian Drug Dealers Sentenced To Prison In South Africa by decatalyst(m): 7:54am On Apr 08, 2017
Re: Six Nigerian Drug Dealers Sentenced To Prison In South Africa by zinachidi(m): 7:59am On Apr 08, 2017
nawah o, giving Nigeria a bad name abroad.
Re: Six Nigerian Drug Dealers Sentenced To Prison In South Africa by omofunaab(m): 9:04am On Apr 08, 2017
The next census go bad mehn.

Na every flaat head family get at least one representative for various prisons abroad.

Onye developers of the world

Cc: kenshiiii

2 Likes

Re: Six Nigerian Drug Dealers Sentenced To Prison In South Africa by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 08, 2017
Re: Six Nigerian Drug Dealers Sentenced To Prison In South Africa by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 08, 2017
Re: Six Nigerian Drug Dealers Sentenced To Prison In South Africa by YonkijiSappo: 9:08am On Apr 08, 2017
These people are irredeemable!

2 Likes

Re: Six Nigerian Drug Dealers Sentenced To Prison In South Africa by Abudu2000(m): 9:12am On Apr 08, 2017
go alaba na dem,go trade fair na them, go computer village na them, go india na them ,go sa na still them, even far as vietnam them get branch there, hmmmm

defrauding and killing ppl in the name of chasing money, patrinize ibo people at ur own risk, if i no see yoruba or another tribe sell phone for me i order am, coz theres always darkness at the end of their own tunnel,

hehehe, i await replies grin
Re: Six Nigerian Drug Dealers Sentenced To Prison In South Africa by omofunaab(m): 9:59am On Apr 08, 2017
Abudu2000:
go alaba na dem,go trade fair na them, go computer village na them, go india na them ,go sa na still them, even far as vietnam them get branch there, hmmmm

defrauding and killing ppl in the name of chasing money, patrinize ibo people at ur own risk, if i no see yoruba or another tribe sell phone for me i order am, coz theres always darkness at the end of their own tunnel,

hehehe, i await replies grin

You are right about this.

But these people don't know, in abeokuta, people hardly patronize them because of the general belief that they sell fake products and their dubious character.

The atrocities committed by majority of them is affecting the businesses of the few trustworthy igbo businessmen
Re: Six Nigerian Drug Dealers Sentenced To Prison In South Africa by Abudu2000(m): 10:05am On Apr 08, 2017
omofunaab:

You are right about this.

But these people don't know, in abeokuta, people hardly patronize them because of the general belief that they sell fake products and their dubious character.

The atrocities committed by majority of them is affecting the businesses of the few trustworthy igbo businessmen
for a long time now i cant remember when i patronize ibo last, its in their blood,they can never give you something without complain..the last guy that sold me a bad phone at alaba had me spend extra 5k to bring army but him body tell am when him come outside from barracks....the army guys didnt follow me coz of the cash but for the fact that its everyday they get complaints about ibo boys, every single day someone must come to their barracks with a complaint....i dont even know why buhari is holding them,let them go abeg

4 Likes

Re: Six Nigerian Drug Dealers Sentenced To Prison In South Africa by fergie001: 1:08pm On Apr 08, 2017
Abudu2000:
for a long time now i cant remember when i patronize ibo last, its in their blood,they can never give you something without complain..the last guy that sold me a bad phone at alaba had me spend extra 5k to bring army but him body tell am when him come outside from barracks....the army guys didnt follow me coz of the cash but for the fact that its everyday they get complaints about ibo boys, every single day someone must come to their barracks with a complaint....i dont even know why buhari is holding them,let them go abeg
That's an unfortunate thing to say when they are still hardworking guys striving to eke a living.
Should I say all Hausa's are terrorists or boko harams?
Should I say all Yoruba's are ritualists?
Let us guard our utterances.
Re: Six Nigerian Drug Dealers Sentenced To Prison In South Africa by tstx(m): 3:08pm On Apr 08, 2017
IGBO KWENU

2 Likes

Re: Six Nigerian Drug Dealers Sentenced To Prison In South Africa by urvillagepeoplee(m): 5:24pm On Apr 08, 2017
fergie001:

That's an unfortunate thing to say when they are still hardworking guys striving to eke a living.
Should I say all Hausa's are terrorists or boko harams?
Should I say all Yoruba's are ritualists?
Let us guard our utterances.
but it was easy for your kind to condemn all Edo girls as witches and prostitutes and Yoruba ritualists. all ipob are drug dealers and cheaters, they must cheat u out of everything,even if u are paying for it. kill any of them caught with drugs so the others will learn, ipob always forming Spartans since 007 immemorial.
Re: Six Nigerian Drug Dealers Sentenced To Prison In South Africa by fergie001: 5:24pm On Apr 08, 2017
urvillagepeoplee:
but it was easy for our kind to condemn all Edo girls as witches and prostitutes and Yoruba ritualists. all ipob are drug dealers and cheaters, they must cheat u out of everything,even if u are paying for it. kill any of them caught with drugs so the others will learn, ipob always forming Spartans since 007 immemorial.
Whatever rocks ur boat,my dear
Re: Six Nigerian Drug Dealers Sentenced To Prison In South Africa by lepasharon(f): 5:59pm On Apr 08, 2017
Chibuzor Paul Ezekware,
Samuel Okafor
Goodwin Addo Abunne
Henry Ulangu Ukaegby
Innocent Akuziele
Junior Okafor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Nigerian Drug Dealers Sentenced To Prison In South Africa by Kwarupshun(m): 5:01am On Apr 09, 2017
Igbo always
Re: Six Nigerian Drug Dealers Sentenced To Prison In South Africa by thundafire: 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2017
If dy finally give dem Biafra It means dy will be called ......,,,AFONJAS help me abeg
Re: Six Nigerian Drug Dealers Sentenced To Prison In South Africa by UncleJJ(m): 6:38pm On Apr 09, 2017
Re: Six Nigerian Drug Dealers Sentenced To Prison In South Africa by Kwarupshun(m): 1:31am On Apr 10, 2017
Haha the names though

(1) (Reply)

Terrible News..... Kanu Has Been Killed / PICS: Isaac Success arrested for demandin £2k from Hookers after flopping in bed / Touching VIDEO: Rivers State Killings, Video Showing Killed Innocents In Omoku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.