Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs (33160 Views)

Which Church Do You Attend? / Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? / Which Church Do You Attend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by jossyphobia(m): 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2017
not the most hymn but the best. definitely its the CAC
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by R0LL0N(m): 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2017
talktonase:
Seventh day adventist grin
maranatha
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by mayten(m): 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2017
placeofallure:

Sure....

Underneath the banner
Of the cross arrayed
Lord we ask thy blessing
On the Boys' Brigade
Thou art our Commander
And thy soldiers we
And in Christian warfare
We will honour thee......

steadfast!!!!!!

what company do you belong to?........repping 8th Ipaja-Ayobo battalion council in lagos state
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Mpotomisticai(m): 3:16pm On Apr 16, 2017
Seven days Adventist
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Segunia(m): 3:17pm On Apr 16, 2017
raquel97:
Celestial church
. Unique and Divine
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 3:18pm On Apr 16, 2017
dolphinife:

Just mention the church you know that's hymn oriented more than Anglican in Nigeria
Catholic
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by oruma19: 3:20pm On Apr 16, 2017
raquel97:
Celestial church
true
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by torbie(m): 3:23pm On Apr 16, 2017
Give it to
Anglican
Baptist
Methodist

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by placeofallure(f): 3:25pm On Apr 16, 2017
mayten:

steadfast!!!!!!

what company do you belong to?........repping 8th Ipaja-Ayobo battalion council in lagos state

3rd Lagos Company. Yaba
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by umeh39(m): 3:25pm On Apr 16, 2017
[quote author=ststyreal post=55460330]Hmmmmm!!!!! Anglican all the wayyyyy. I miss that denomination shaaaaa! " Abide with me, fast falls the even tide, when darkness deepens lord with me abide; when other helpers fail and comfort flee, help of the helpless lord, abide with us! Huh! My favorite hymn.
Fellowship in Christ!(AYF). I miss Anglican no be small.[/quote
In Christ!

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by adetayo234: 3:25pm On Apr 16, 2017
rosalieene:
Catholic

I want to toast you angry
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by benpuzzy(m): 3:28pm On Apr 16, 2017
ststyreal:
Hmmmmm!!!!! Anglican all the wayyyyy. I miss that denomination shaaaaa! " Abide with me, fast falls the even tide, when darkness deepens lord with me abide; when other helpers fail and comfort flee, help of the helpless lord, abide with us! Huh! My favorite hymn.
Fellowship in Christ!(AYF). I miss Anglican no be small.

My sister, nah marriage carry you go another denimonation? ............In Christ Jesus the Perfect Man............

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Ogidigba1(m): 3:31pm On Apr 16, 2017
latter-day saints

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by joseph5566: 3:31pm On Apr 16, 2017
Catholic church
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Teespice(f): 3:33pm On Apr 16, 2017
Catholic and Anglican churches.
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by placeofallure(f): 3:39pm On Apr 16, 2017
dolphinife:

I've been in the Anglican Choir since 1999, and apart from singing over 600 hymns offhand, I can sing over 1000 different tunes offhand too.....this one no be child play....that you are a bishop doesn't give you the license to know more hymns than the veterans in the choir

No mind them, when you have a passion for singing, it takes over all of you, it overwhelms you. When you said you can sing many hymns by heart, I didn't doubt you cos I have a little idea what you're saying. Whenever there's a need anywhere to sing hymnals, my friends do tease me that I'm an encyclopaedia cos i don't need the hymn books. I've been in the choir since 1994. I have the urge to still do more for God because Heaven is the target. May we remain rapturable till the Master comes.

Check out Tabernacle Hymns, you'll like it.
My favourite hymns:
Master the tempest is raging...
It pays to serve Jesus
Safe in the arms of Jesus
Oh Beulah land
When peace like a river
I need thee every hour
On a hill far away
Its not an easy road
Grace 'tis a charming sound
What a friend we have in Jesus

Lovely Easter Celebrations to you.

2 Likes

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by MosD: 3:49pm On Apr 16, 2017
Of course, everybody knows that's Anglican birth right and trade mark

3 Likes

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:56pm On Apr 16, 2017
luvola:
Apostolic faith church. Better than Anglican and catholic. Best in Africa

My father is a reverend in the Apostolic faith Church, when it comes to hymns you have to give it to the Anglican Church.

80% of hymns in Broadman Hymnal and the Collected Gospel Songs are written by Anglican and Baptist authors
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Depe(f): 3:56pm On Apr 16, 2017
Adventist, proud to be one wink
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 16, 2017
Seventh Day Adventist, I wish to marry a pretty lady from that church ⛪ Any available sister?
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Jennystyle(f): 4:28pm On Apr 16, 2017
The Church of Jesus Christ of latter day Saints, Mormon........ Just watch their Mormon Tabernacle Choir on youtube
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by IBpaul(m): 4:32pm On Apr 16, 2017
ststyreal:
Hmmmmm!!!!! Anglican all the wayyyyy. I miss that denomination shaaaaa! " Abide with me, fast falls the even tide, when darkness deepens lord with me abide; when other helpers fail and comfort flee, help of the helpless lord, abide with us! Huh! My favorite hymn.

A brother has been spotted, please come back cos d communion still needs u

Fellowship!!!! In-Christ Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by talktonase(m): 4:39pm On Apr 16, 2017
R0LL0N:

maranatha

grin

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Lexo22(m): 4:50pm On Apr 16, 2017
UjSizzle:
Anglicans and Methodists are more hymn oriented than other churches I know. The Baptists are a close second, followed by the Roman catholics.

I'm Anglican and I know not even marriage can take hymns away from my blood kiss

But then, I don't see what this topic aims to achieve. Who cares which church owns what, so long as the body of Christ is united and God is gloried, we remain one family in the faith.

Now go read your bibles and hear what St. Paul has to say about foolish arguments. Keep them far away from you.

God bless you and increase in wisdom, the topic is rather unfortunate.

The Boby of Christ is one and as such, it makes absolutely nonsense to be comparing and contradicting church. when we eventually get to Heaven, I'm sure we will not see Anglican, Methodist, Catholic and the Rest there.
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Tunde25(m): 4:51pm On Apr 16, 2017
Hymns were created long way ago, even before most of us were born. We somehow learn the hymns by singing them and learning them by heart. Most orthodox churches sing hymns but the trend is coming up to the orthodox churches/pentecostal churches to make remind us of the power of God. Therefore, one cannot lay claim that a particular church has the best hymns, since there are catalogs of hymns churches can choose from.
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Sammyblaq(m): 4:52pm On Apr 16, 2017
ststyreal:
A sister sighted...

Na Pluto u dey?
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Sammyblaq(m): 4:55pm On Apr 16, 2017
Snowangel4:
I am Anglican but I love deeper life hymns
Tufiakwa!.

U can't be anglican
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 16, 2017
Sammyblaq:
Tufiakwa!.
U can't be anglican

meaning what Mr. man
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by SugaryBelle(f): 4:59pm On Apr 16, 2017
The Presbyterian Hymnary of the Presbyterian Church of Nigeria is the best ever.
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by econity(m): 5:01pm On Apr 16, 2017
ststyreal:

Did you marry out or you switched church?
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Sammyblaq(m): 5:05pm On Apr 16, 2017
Snowangel4:

meaning what Mr. man
U said DLBC have more hymns than Anglican and u re claiming Anglican.

Inwere "Ekpere na Abu"?
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by ladychioma: 5:10pm On Apr 16, 2017
SDA church

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi / 26 Signs We Are Living In The End Time! Don't Ignore / Pastor Thaddeus Matthews Advertises Joystick Erection Pills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.