Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Managing Anger Issues - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Managing Anger Issues (280 Views)

The Terrible Anger Of God Almighty Is Coming Please Be Warned Now / Racist Catholic Statue Causes Anger In Ghana / Managing The Deadly Venom: Anger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Managing Anger Issues by christainslove: 1:23pm On Apr 09, 2017
Humans have intelligence, you know. Don’t think that you can win someone respect by shouting and beating them. Respect is earned.
We can earn someone’s respect by being of good character. A person of good character does God’s will like Jesus did-works hard, kept himself clean, eats moderately so he is not fat, and keeps his temper under control.
You can’t just get angry over every little thing. You can’t threaten or force people to respect you. There is this girl I know who is highly respected. A friend went to her room to test her but no matter how she was provoked, she didn’t lose her temper. She was much admired.
People are watching. Proverbs 22:1-Choose a good reputation over great riches; being held in high esteem is better than silver and gold. People will admire you if you are someone who controls their temper. It is an excellent trait.If you get angry with someone,it is better to walk away to cool your temper and pray
But if you are someone who gets
provoked just because a conductor won’t give you your correct change?. You may not know it but rumors about you may spread and you would lose esteem in the eyes of people. Just image if the man of your dreams sees you fighting? He may lose interest in you that moment.
Do you want to be held in high esteem by others? Then resist all Satan temptations with the Word of God just like Jesus resisted Satan. Matthew 4:4- But he answered and said, it is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Satan tempts you to be angry -Resist him with- It is written in the Bible-Be Slow to anger.
.Ecclesiastes 7:9-Do not let yourself be quickly provoked, for anger resides in the lap of fools.
Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
If Satan tempts someone to provoke you to fight-You resist him with-Even in your anger, do not sin.
Ephesians 4:26-Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Fight against the demons
Re: Managing Anger Issues by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 09, 2017
A-men....
Now this one here...wow. I could go on and on.
I think Nigerians (Christians, Muslims, Traditionalists, & FreeThinkers etc.) need to read this one repeatedly! I'm half Nigerian...so this applies to me also!
I sometimes wonder whether the actors in the Nigerian movies are actually acting or not...cause it seems so real!
I know hereditary traits are extremely difficult to reverse, but it can be done through Christ.
I'm seeing it work in me...just by being in NL (a small microcosm of the larger world).
So many, many times (since I've been in the Religion section), I've begun replying to a thread...only to erase everything I've said. I just stop and erase it ALL.
As I said in another thread, it's nothing BUT the Holy Spirit. Cause I know what my flesh wants to do.
When I see someone be able to maintain a spirit of calm and love...in spite of what's being thrown at him/her (be it in a secular or non-secular environment), I am amazed.
As Christians, we are supposed to be identified strongly through a calm, peaceful, meek and loving spirit. We have been given the example.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sunday Lifeline With Gerald Inyang: Calvary – The Place Of Peace And Pardon / By Faith Not Feeling / Start Seeing Hurting People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.