Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,000 members, 7,952,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:49 AM

Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison (2303 Views)

The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible / Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name / Jesus VS Mohammad: How Both Men Treated Women *UPDATED* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:53pm On Apr 09, 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by Wilgrea7(m): 8:32am On Apr 10, 2017
OP.... i really don't see the reason why you should conpare Jesus to Buddha.... Buddha never claimed to be a divine being... he was simply “the enlightened one" whereas Jesus is divine

1 Like

Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by 4kings: 12:10pm On Apr 10, 2017
Wilgrea7:
OP.... i really don't see the reason why you should conpare Jesus to Buddha.... Buddha never claimed to be a divine being... he was simply “the enlightened one" whereas Jesus is divine
The OP is talking about "Historical Evidence"

I don't have time to go through the link, but from the person behind this i know it will be a waste of time.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by Wilgrea7(m): 12:58pm On Apr 10, 2017
4kings:

I don't have time to go through the link, but from the person behind this i know it will be a waste of time.

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:34pm On Jul 26, 2017
Wilgrea7:

What do you mean by saying Buddha was "the enlightened one?" undecided
Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:35pm On Jul 26, 2017
4kings:

You got one thing right, the fact that it is about the historical evidence. cool
Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by Wilgrea7(m): 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

What do you mean by saying Buddha was "the enlightened one?" undecided
Buddha is a title .. not a name... it means the enlightened one..
Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by 4kings: 3:36pm On Jul 26, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

You got one thing right, the fact that it is about the historical evidence. cool
what fact do you have against buddha?
Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2017
4kings:

What lie have you got against Jesus. cool
Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by 4kings: 5:33pm On Jul 26, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

What lie have you got against Jesus. cool
Eusebius! tongue
Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by 0temAtum: 5:42pm On Jul 26, 2017
4kings:

Eusebius! tongue
Reminds me of that stvpid guy who attacked me when I never even knew someone like him existed. Mumu Eusebius.
Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by 4kings: 8:58pm On Jul 26, 2017
0temAtum:

Reminds me of that stvpid guy who attacked me when I never even knew someone like him existed. Mumu Eusebius.
I remember your stories...grin
Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by 0temAtum: 1:17am On Jul 27, 2017
4kings:

I remember your stories...grin
I almost gave up my mission on earth back then because of that f00lish dead man. He told big lie and thinks nobody on earth would correct his lies. To hell wit him assuming hell exists.
Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by Oloruntobi4382(m): 10:00am On Jul 27, 2017
Op must be high to compare my dear Guatama to Jesus. Shior.
Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by 4kings: 10:00am On Jul 27, 2017
0temAtum:
I almost gave up my mission on earth back then because of that f00lish dead man. He told big lie and thinks nobody on earth would correct his lies. To hell wit him assuming hell exists.
But i can't remember him being locked up, that was yahweh.
So where is Eusebius?
Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by 0temAtum: 10:06am On Jul 27, 2017
4kings:

But i can't remember him being locked up, that was yahweh.
So where is Eusebius?
Eusebius is in his afterlife with some gullible sheeple.
Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by 4kings: 10:16am On Jul 27, 2017
0temAtum:

Eusebius is in his afterlife with some gullible sheeple.
This is new, what afterlife?
Do you mean heaven?
Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by 0temAtum: 10:28am On Jul 27, 2017
4kings:

This is new, what afterlife?
Do you mean heaven?
I don't care about the name they call that space they occupy. But I know afterlives exist.
Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by 4kings: 10:34am On Jul 27, 2017
0temAtum:
I don't care about the name they call that space they occupy. But I know afterlives exist.
I know you do.
But i can remember you saying that whatsoever a person believes here influences his situation in the afterlive; Like believing in hell and getting there eventually.

If yahweh is locked up, why is eusebius free?
I'm not up to speed with the doctrines but i dont really remember what happened to Eusebius.
Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by 0temAtum: 10:46am On Jul 27, 2017
4kings:

I know you do.
But i can remember you saying that whatsoever a person believes here influences his situation in the afterlive; Like believing in hell and getting there eventually.

If yahweh is locked up, why is eusebius free?
I'm not up to speed with the doctrines but i dont really remember what happened to Eusebius.

Eusebius is a human being, a writer, yahweh is a higher being and the power behind the words of Eusebius and co. Yahweh is the one who can make the bible hypnotic to its readers, so he is the one that needs to be bound so that the bible words would be seen as the nonsense it is. Now people in large number are reading it and discovering it isn't what they thought it was.
Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by 4kings: 11:15am On Jul 27, 2017
0temAtum:

Eusebius is a human being, a writer, yahweh is a higher being and the power behind the words of Eusebius and co. Yahweh is the one who can make the bible hypnotic to its readers, so he is the one that needs to be bound so that the bible words would be seen as the nonsense it is. Now people in large number are reading it and discovering it isn't what they thought it was.
Hmmm, i get...
Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:32pm On Aug 09, 2017
4kings:

Eusebius! tongue

What about him? undecided
Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:33pm On Aug 09, 2017
Oloruntobi4382:

Op must be high to compare my dear Guatama to Jesus. Shior.

Did you know Buddha was an atheist?
Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:40pm On Aug 09, 2017
4kings:

The fact that Buddha was an atheist and remains dead. cool

1 Share

Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:50pm On Aug 09, 2017
Wilgrea7:

Buddha was an atheist and is now dead. Stop following a dead god.
Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by Wilgrea7(m): 8:08am On Aug 10, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Buddha was an atheist and is now dead. Stop following a dead god.

this your point left me speechless.. what sort of comparison are you pulling here?? where is it written that the central figure of any religion must resurrect from the dead? different religions have different central points and different theologies.. you can't term them wrong because you are looking at them from your side only

1 Like

Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:28pm On Aug 10, 2017
Wilgrea7:

this your point left me speechless.. what sort of comparison are you pulling here?? where is it written that the central figure of any religion must resurrect from the dead? different religions have different central points and different theologies.. you can't term them wrong because you are looking at them from your side only

The resurrection proved that Christ was the Creator and Saviour, for only the Creator of life could defeat death. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by Wilgrea7(m): 5:06pm On Aug 10, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The resurrection proved that Christ was the Creator and Saviour, for only the Creator of life could defeat death. cheesy

again with the premises... you can't use premises from only your view to discredit principles from other views
Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:23pm On Aug 10, 2017
Wilgrea7:

again with the premises... you can't use premises from only your view to discredit principles from other views

The fact that all the founders of religion and ideologies could not defeat death should tell you that they could not give life and if you put your trust in them your fate will not be better than theirs. Jesus is the resurrection and the life, whosoever comes to Him shall never die. cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by Wilgrea7(m): 6:01am On Aug 11, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The fact that all the founders of religion and ideologies could not defeat death should tell you that they could not give life and if you put your trust in them your fate will not be better than theirs. Jesus is the resurrection and the life, whosoever comes to Him shall never die. cheesy

read my posts all over again.. there is no law that states a religion is invalid because the central figure is dead.. you're repeating the same thing again and again.. also there is no law that states that a religion is valid if the central figure has resurrected.. using resurrection as a basis gives credit to some pagan religions that believe their gods resurrected

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by hopefulLandlord: 6:14am On Aug 11, 2017
Wilgrea7:

read my posts all over again.. there is no law that states a religion is invalid because the central figure is dead.. you're repeating the same thing again and again.. also there is no law that states that a religion is valid if the central figure has resurrected.. using resurrection as a basis gives credit to some pagan religions that believe their gods resurrected
I admire your patience bro

I seriously do

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison by 701ecilana: 4:30pm On Aug 11, 2017
Wilgrea7:

Seriously Buddha never lived as an individual? Am hearing this for the first time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did Pharaoh Of Exodus Event Died And His Body Washed Ashore And Buried After? / The Rapture Finally Revealed! / You Can Now Get All Dreams Interpretation!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.