Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Help With Networking Career - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Help With Networking Career (714 Views)

Software Defined Networking / 6 Valuable Tips For Networking / How I Build A Social Networking Website Like Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Networking Career by adedayoadedeji(m): 10:50am On Apr 10, 2017
I studied computer science and currently working in the IT department of my company. I focus more on web design.

Lately, i have been developing interest in Networking and eventually become an ethical hacker but i need guide on the best place to start from to enable me build my career in networking.

Look forward to your advise.
Re: Help With Networking Career by iihtlagos: 11:01am On Apr 10, 2017
adedayoadedeji:
I studied computer science and currently working in the IT department of my company. I focus more on web design.

Lately, i have been developing interest in Networking and eventually become an ethical hacker but i need guide on the best place to start from to enable me build my career in networking.

Look forward to your advise.

I suggest you start up with N+, that is if you have no idea on how networking operates.

Then you can now build a career by studying CCNA, CCNP and progressing further. The security aspect of CCNA will enable transit smoothly into ethical hacking and it's likes.

Networking is absolutely a great career course and one most people are proud to be.

Hope I helped.

2 Likes

Re: Help With Networking Career by adedayoadedeji(m): 2:48pm On Apr 10, 2017
iihtlagos:

I suggest you start up with N+, that is if you have no idea on how networking operates.

Then you can now build a career by studying CCNA, CCNP and progressing further. The security aspect of CCNA will enable transit smoothly into ethical hacking and it's likes.

Networking is absolutely a great career course and one most people are proud to be.

Hope I helped.

God bless you plenty. I will follow your suggestion and get materials on N+ ASAP.

Am grateful for your time.
Re: Help With Networking Career by iihtlagos: 2:52pm On Apr 10, 2017
adedayoadedeji:

God bless you plenty. I will follow your suggestion and get materials on N+ ASAP.

Am grateful for your time.

You are welcome. If the need be, you can also come along to train at our institute IIHT (Indian Institute of Hardware and Technology).

We promise you a wonderful experience as you look forward to becoming a Networking professional.
Re: Help With Networking Career by Nobody: 3:56am On May 13, 2017
[quote author=tdayof post=56471544][/quote]
You seem to know a lot about this network centric stuff, can you give me a quick rundown on military applications for this GIS system being developed for the armed forces, Only time I ever used GIS was when I did geography in college.
Re: Help With Networking Career by tdayof(m): 4:58am On May 13, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

You seem to know a lot about this network centric stuff, can you give me a quick rundown on military applications for this GIS system being developed for the armed forces, Only time I ever used GIS was when I did geography in college.

Military forces use GIS in a variety of applications including cartography, intelligence, battle field management, terrain analysis, remote sensing, military installation management and monitoring of possible terrorist activity. The Nigeria own is based on terrain analysis, battlefield management and others. You can see it in the picture attached to this post.

GIS in military application does C4I2 (Command, Control, Communication, Coordination, Information and Interoperability.)

Maintaining battle records, command, control, and communications, situation mapping, range management, range control systems, geographical Information (DGI) management and air space management are all under GSI for the military.

The Nigeria own will also be making use of troposcatter communications, SATCOM and deploys on 4G LTE. It's actually running on QT ( Quantum transducers) so this means we need to worry less about signal drop.

To sustain the technology, the guy in charge said the CDS is working on its commercial aspect .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help With Networking Career by Nobody: 6:08am On May 13, 2017
tdayof:

Military forces use GIS in a variety of applications including cartography, intelligence, battle field management, terrain analysis, remote sensing, military installation management and monitoring of possible terrorist activity. The Nigeria own is based on terrain analysis, battlefield management and others. You can see it in the picture attached to this post.

GIS in military application does C4I2 (Command, Control, Communication, Coordination, Information and Interoperability.)

Maintaining battle records, command, control, and communications, situation mapping, range management, range control systems, geographical Information (DGI) management and air space management are all under GSI for the military.

The Nigeria own will also be making use of troposcatter communications, SATCOM and deploys on 4G LTE. It's actually running on QT ( Quantum transducers) so this means we need to worry less about signal drop.

To sustain the technology, the guy in charge said the CDS is working on its commercial aspect .

Perfect! Thanks for your help, one last question thought, will NigercomSat or any future satellite missions be involved in this development. And does this individual Tiller Cyrus plan to accomplish this on his own or does he have a team/ organization of some sort.
Re: Help With Networking Career by tdayof(m): 2:28pm On May 14, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Perfect! Thanks for your help, one last question thought, will NigercomSat or any future satellite missions be involved in this development. And does this individual Tiller Cyrus plan to accomplish this on his own or does he have a team/ organization of some sort.
Sorry for the late reply. Yes the present one works with nigercomsat. It'd visible in the below pics.

Re: Help With Networking Career by SOLARPOWER1(f): 5:21pm On Feb 26, 2020
Hello house, I need be counsel from experience Network Engineers go Nigeria...Thought I am a graduate of Elect/Elect with a cgpa of 4.06, I have zero experience in Network Engineering.....I love the field and I recently gained admission to a master's program in Communication Networks in Germany... My question is do you think I will be able to break into the Networking industry by just acquiring this degree... The school is one of the best in Germany and German universities are very big on practicals but I still need advice from the house, I graduated 5years ago but all my job experience has nothing to do with engineering... I NEED ADVICE before taking this decision

(1) (Reply)

How To Cancel Your Spotify Premium Subscription / A US Company Can Take Your Remains And Turn Them Into A Diamond / All You Need To Know About Donald Trump's Car "The Beast" -techknowng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.