Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

EDITORIAL] How To Get A Record Label Deal In Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / EDITORIAL] How To Get A Record Label Deal In Nigeria (293 Views)

Wizkid Signs Biggest Deal In Africa (photos) / I Never Sign A Label Deal With Kizz Daniel - Demmie Vee Apologies to Kizz Daniel / Olajumoke Orisaguna In Editorial Shoot With David Tlale In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EDITORIAL] How To Get A Record Label Deal In Nigeria by courage676(m): 12:18pm On Apr 10, 2017
[
The Nigerian music industry has developed so much that people earn a living from music, to the point that artistes like Wizkid can afford to buy a Porche car which goes for over 50million without having to call on mummy and daddy, but the major challenge up and coming artistes are having is getting signed on to a record label. That is why I came up to with this article to help all up and coming artistes with free tips on how to get signed on to a record label in Nigeria on your own
1. Develop your brand.
Be known for my what you do. Stick to a style of music. Many up and coming stars keep running in circles, doing rap, R&B , dance hall etc just to show their versatility. Oh yes, it might help in gaining fans, but NO it counts less in getting a label. All record labels wanna see you gain fans in the brand you findself in. So if you sing, develop it, if you rap, build on that.
2. Build a niche of fans
Oh yes, no record label will wanna sign a fanless artistes. You need to have fans in the range of 5-10 thousand before thinking about a record deal. Talking about fans, I mean individuals who are always ready to download your singles, follow up your tours and pay for your events. Don’t misunderstand fans to family and friends. They are different. A fan should be one who has no direct contact to you

More on
http://bluejamz.com.ng/2017/04/10/editorial-how-to-get-a-record-label-deal-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

What Good Music Means To Me – Award Winning Artiste, Frankie Walter Reveals / Random Act Of Kindness Nigerian Man Amb Dion Osagie Dashing Money To Labourers / Sarkodie Ft Benji-long Distance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.