Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists (23694 Views)

These Are Duties And Functions Of LASTMA, VIO And FRSC Officers - AutoReportNG / Frsc Reintroduces Fines For Old Number Plates / See The Number Of People LASTMA Arrests Daily Over Traffic Offenses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by AutoReportNG: 4:39pm On Apr 10, 2017
Lagos Traffic Law regime is designed to protect law abiding road users. It is also designed to ensure that those who flout any of its stipulations are made to face the consequences of their action so that they can be reformed and join the law abiding group. Traffic offences are called strict liability offences: you do the offence, you pay the consequence. However, the traffic management regime is not designed to empower officials of any agency of the State to molest, intimidate, extort or make a law breaker out of any Lagos resident/stakeholder through the demanding and giving of bribes so as to avoid unsavoury situations.

The minimum financial penalty under the Lagos State traffic law (aside from towing expenses) is N20,000 (Twenty Thousand Naira) only - a sum which is higher than the monthly National Minimum Wage. It is therefore in the best interest of a road users to know what constitutes an offence so as to avoid its draconian consequences including the possibility of facing criminal prosecutions, being sent to the State approved driving school and other penalties

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/04/lastma-traffic-fines-lists.html

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by AutoReportNG: 4:40pm On Apr 10, 2017
Don't let LASTMA use you do ATM... Know your rights.

See more here..

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by eyeview: 4:52pm On Apr 10, 2017
I think this info is highly commendable so that they don't fall victim to greedy, corrupt and overzealous officials. Sometimes, what some motorists part with as bribe to these officials is more than what they would have officially paid as fine to the Lagos state government. I will definitely save this.

I urge the mgt of VIO to make theirs official and transparent in the interest of motorists and the coffers of the state govt

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by Turks: 4:58pm On Apr 10, 2017
List of fines

For the poor.

3 Likes

Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by horlabiyi(m): 4:59pm On Apr 10, 2017
What's the fine/penalty for any official taking bribe?
LASTMA in position to be checking vehicle document?

4 Likes

Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by botad(m): 4:59pm On Apr 10, 2017
Only in Lagos:
VIO
Road Safety
LASTMA
Police
RRS
Lagos Neighbourhood Watch
Local Council
Task Force

In a single state!

27 Likes

Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by lonelydora: 4:59pm On Apr 10, 2017
This is the nonsense TIMA - RIV was doing before Wike come vex disband them

4 Likes

Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by botad(m): 4:59pm On Apr 10, 2017
Dem no wan make we drive for Lagos again abi?

Kontinu!
Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by promohouse(m): 5:00pm On Apr 10, 2017
aaahhh
Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by edlion57(m): 5:00pm On Apr 10, 2017
Is Lagos state a country in Nigeria...wat is the work of FRSC and police officers

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by SalamRushdie: 5:00pm On Apr 10, 2017
So how come VIO charges ten times more than lastma

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by MrGreenMavro: 5:00pm On Apr 10, 2017
cheesy
Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by khing00600: 5:01pm On Apr 10, 2017
SO LASTMA NOW CAN CHECK DRIVER'S LICENSE LAGOS NAWA OO

AutoReportNG:
Lagos Traffic Law regime is designed to protect law abiding road users. It is also designed to ensure that those who flout any of its stipulations are made to face the consequences of their action so that they can be reformed and join the law abiding group. Traffic offences are called strict liability offences: you do the offence, you pay the consequence. However, the traffic management regime is not designed to empower officials of any agency of the State to molest, intimidate, extort or make a law breaker out of any Lagos resident/stakeholder through the demanding and giving of bribes so as to avoid unsavoury situations.

The minimum financial penalty under the Lagos State traffic law (aside from towing expenses) is N20,000 (Twenty Thousand Naira) only - a sum which is higher than the monthly National Minimum Wage. It is therefore in the best interest of a road users to know what constitutes an offence so as to avoid its draconian consequences including the possibility of facing criminal prosecutions, being sent to the State approved driving school and other penalties

Source:

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by countsparrow: 5:01pm On Apr 10, 2017
K
Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 10, 2017
Good info. But is it lastma that check vehicle documents now

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by hylyne(m): 5:04pm On Apr 10, 2017
I need it in MS Word document...
Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by eledalo: 5:05pm On Apr 10, 2017
It is written clearly at the top of the document 'Lagos State REPEALED Schedule of Traffic Offences, Fines and Penalties [Pre-2012] Published for legislative advocacy reasons only.

AutoReportNG, please do a better job of reporting accurate information.This is what Trump will call 'Fake News'. You're really trailing behind AutoJosh.

Disclaimer: I have no shares/interest in or connection to AutoJosh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by ourleader(m): 5:06pm On Apr 10, 2017
Wow Just....
Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by Dindondin(m): 5:06pm On Apr 10, 2017
And if I m guilty of all fines at once what ll happen? A. Tear my cloths & form madman B. Start crying C. Abandon the vehicle D. Tear den LASTMA slaps & break bottles with Mushing boys E. Start speaking big grammars.

Answer attracts N50. Start now!
Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by Tobeticalus: 5:07pm On Apr 10, 2017
AutoReportNG:
Don't let LASTMA use you do ATM... Know your rights.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

Please is madam Ishilove still a moderator on this site
Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 10, 2017
Warris this ? Any Lastma coming near me receives a slap.

Police can get 2k for coke.

This is my world.

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by folly22(f): 5:10pm On Apr 10, 2017
so after impounding the vehicle, they will still be the one to pay for towing. it shld be forr free na. Towing money shld bey charge on vehicle that got broke down or accident
Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by Larrykaysail(m): 5:16pm On Apr 10, 2017
LASTMA, charge more than normal fee, i have an haulage company ,when ever they tow they will tell you towing is 50k , fine is 25k, sometimes ur fee will be 100k,
Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by snadguy007(m): 5:24pm On Apr 10, 2017
May God punish this Lastma officer that collected 15000 from me for jumping traffic light last week

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 10, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by miqos02(m): 5:28pm On Apr 10, 2017
edlion57:
Is Lagos state a country in Nigeria...wat is the work of FRSC and police officers
i tire oh

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by RicoBee(m): 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2017
Thank you, OP
Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by refreshrate: 5:31pm On Apr 10, 2017
edlion57:

Exactly!
Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by smartty68(m): 5:31pm On Apr 10, 2017
Task force for checking of vehicles in each state is more than 10 and some of the workers are touts(agbero) struggling steering with the owner in the middle of the road. When its supposed to be road safety's duties.

Our leaders needs a Jerry Rawlings solution

Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by tribalistseun: 5:31pm On Apr 10, 2017
How to be a Nigerian, just sit in an office and plan on how to make life difficult for others.

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by ceejay80s(m): 5:32pm On Apr 10, 2017
botad:
Only in Lagos:
VIO
Road Safety
LASTMA
Police
RRS
Lagos Neighbourhood Watch
Local Council
Task Force

In a single state!
including armed robbers, dem too dey collect car by force

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists by refreshrate: 5:32pm On Apr 10, 2017
snadguy007:
May God punish this Lastma officer that collected 15000 from me for jumping traffic light last week

Guy mention the location and try describe the guy anytime we pass there ehn...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Management Of Mitsubishi Motors Nigeria Swapped Roles With Junior Employees(pix) / 8 Parts Potholes Can Damage In A Car / Commercial Bus Is Burning On 3rd Mainland Bridge In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.