Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Sounds Funny, But I Can't Stand Reality TV Shows - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Sounds Funny, But I Can't Stand Reality TV Shows (395 Views)

The Royalty Reality TV Show: Meet The Contestants / Top Ten Reality Tv Shows In Nigeria / Celebrity Housemates Reality TV Show: Eniola Badmus Up For Eviction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sounds Funny, But I Can't Stand Reality TV Shows by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 11, 2017
All over the world, in fact, in every country, there tend to be one reality TV show or the other, either as a series or as a seasonal show.

The just concluded Big Brother Naija that attracted millions of viewers within and outside Nigeria seemed like I was the only one who didn’t watch it!

That is because I can’t stand reality TVs, and find it an absolutely waste of time and space, I find it boring too!

Since the inception of Big Brother this, Big Brother that, I have never for once sat down to watch it, let alone voted on the show.

As interesting as the Keeping up with the Kardashians might seem, I cringe each time I walk into any place and it would be it people are watching!

Don’t get it twisted, there is nothing wrong with reality TV shows, just that (to me) it doesn’t pass any meaningful message to the viewers.

I don’t think there is something to learn in all of them, other than watching young people engage in sexual activities on live TV.

The kind of publicity the just concluded Big Brother Naija generated was totally unprecedented, even market women discussed it!

OK, now that TV show wasn’t meant for children and it was so difficult trying not to let any kid watch it when the whole family sat down to watch.

That was exactly what my friend complained to me about, but I just shrugged my shoulders without uttering a word.

She and her husband didn’t miss an episode of it, and because of that they missed up to three Sunday fellowships!

My neighbors had an exciting time all through because, this is actually the first time they are seeing Big Brother anything.

I rather listen to news, watch documentaries or even movies than sit down to watch any reality TV show, and that’s a fact.

The only time I got to hear what was going on in the Big Brother house was when I hear people discussing it in public places.

It was through people I heard that one of the house mates got down on her knees to a fellow house mate and children were supposed to be watching!

Sometimes reality TV shows can turn out deadly, as I have seen where a woman drowned in the pool during one of the house games.

The house mates are only after the money, even though some of them fake their real lives just to be seen as ‘real’ and then get liked by all and sundry!

The show is so bad (pardon me) that house mates deny their families (according to what I heard!) and who they really are just to come out victorious.

I do not want to sound prejudiced, but I am already, because I will not mind my own business when it comes to issues like this one, I am entitled to my own opinion!

A lot of Nigerians decried that part of the show, and with this, I assumed some other people didn’t watch it too!

Well, thankfully it is over for the house mates and the viewers and to those of us whose trees where they grow the bleep they give is barren!

Source: http://www.chichiuncensored.com/sounds-funny-cant-stand-reality-tv-shows/

cc; Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Sounds Funny, But I Can't Stand Reality TV Shows by thesicilian: 9:50am On Apr 11, 2017
Not all reality TV shows are as pointless as Big Brother, or Keeping Up With The Kardashians. Go watch Donald Trump's "The Apprentice", I am sure you'll change your mindset.

(1) (Reply)

Fed For Marriage | The Fattening Farms Of Mauritania / Nigerians Call For The Head Of Kemen After Bbnaija Comes To A Close. / Are Tired Of Losing, U Can Finally Earn 148k Monthly With Jux 4000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.