Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,345 members, 7,853,533 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:34 PM

Man Remanded In Prison For Taking Photographs Of Policewoman Taking Bribes - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Remanded In Prison For Taking Photographs Of Policewoman Taking Bribes (731 Views)

Malaysian man remanded in Ikoyi prison over €250m fraud / Man Remanded For Beating Wife To Death Over Sex / Rachael Umahi Calls For Arrest Of Policewoman Who Poured Hot Water On Maid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Remanded In Prison For Taking Photographs Of Policewoman Taking Bribes by CEO1(m): 3:29pm On Apr 11, 2017
A 40 year old man, Chima Ordu was said to have been remanded in Lagos prison after taking photographs of a policewoman taking bribes from Motorists. A presiding magistrate of the Isolo Customary Court ordered that he should be remanded

Total Media reports that the policewoman was flagging down motorists and collecting bribes from them at the Oludegun Junction in Isolo when Ordu decided to take her photos with his phone but he was arrested by the woman's colleagues in the act.

It was gathered that the policewoman and her colleagues usually mounted the illegal road block and collected bribes from motorists at the junction on a daily basis.
Ordu however, found himself in trouble when he allegedly hid behind a fence and took photographs and video recording of the female officer not knowing that her colleagues who were in plain clothes had seen him and stealthily sneaked in and arrested him.

He was thereafter charged to the court on a one-count charge obstruction by snapping photos of a police officer performing her lawful duty under the Criminal Code.
Ordu pleaded not guilty when the charge was read to him and Magistrate Adeyemi granted him bail in the sum of N20,000 with one surety in like sum while ordering that he should remain in prison custody pending when he will perfect his bail.

http://www.onenigeriablog.com/2017/04/40-year-old-man-arrested-and-remanded.html

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Taking Photographs Of Policewoman Taking Bribes by hopeforcharles(m): 3:32pm On Apr 11, 2017
Now I don tire embarassed embarassed embarassed Nigeria which way
Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Taking Photographs Of Policewoman Taking Bribes by SooCute(m): 3:33pm On Apr 11, 2017
can this be true?

someone prove this please before i do wetin dey my mind!
Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Taking Photographs Of Policewoman Taking Bribes by Khd95(m): 3:45pm On Apr 11, 2017
I taya for dis country

#9japolie

:where are ur particulars?
:here sir
:ur fire extinguisher nko?
:its in the book
: oya mash ur brake make i see...
Correct....wait ooo u dont even have beards,oya follow to the station nd xplain ur sef

cry
Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Taking Photographs Of Policewoman Taking Bribes by Jabioro: 3:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
And we fighting corruption.Corruption not in my country... begin with you. How do you help in fighting this virus..?
Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Taking Photographs Of Policewoman Taking Bribes by Ebeleiscorupt: 4:07pm On Apr 11, 2017
Our law court judges are becoming scam and making mockery of justice with their ridiculous way of handling cases.

Abeg which offence is obstruction by snapping photos of a police officer, and the judge could not throw out the case for lack of rationality, credibility or whatever?
Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Taking Photographs Of Policewoman Taking Bribes by chizzy161(f): 4:39pm On Apr 11, 2017
I find it difficult to believe this story. How can a Magistrate preside over a customary Court. Secondly, customary courts don't have criminal jurisdiction.

1 Like

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Taking Photographs Of Policewoman Taking Bribes by CEO1(m): 5:41pm On Apr 11, 2017
chizzy161:
I find it difficult to believe this story. How can a Magistrate preside over a customary Court. Secondly, customary courts don't have criminal jurisdiction.

Pulse also Reported it >>> http://pulse.ng/gist/man-in-prison-for-taking-photos-of-policewoman-taking-bribes-id6508689.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=gist&utm_content=all-over-18-mnf-all&utm_campaign=dmo-post-boost

(1) (Reply)

Canadian Police Arrest Two Nigerians For $10m Fraud, Declare Two Others Wanted / ‘Doctor’ Sucks Patients’ Sperm In Minna. / Top 4 Cyber Crime Most Wanted According To FBI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.