Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,984 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

The Good Friend - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Good Friend (352 Views)

The Ivory Towers - the good and bad life on campus. / The Good Friend / The Good Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Good Friend by lanya: 3:50pm On Apr 11, 2017
”Please now, we won’t even waste time. I promise”. Bola has been trying to persuade Mide to accompany her on a date for about 30 minutes now.

She crosses her arms, leaning back on the cushion, perplexed and annoyed at Bola for trying to rope her into something that wasn’t any of her business. ”Fine, but I’m leaving after an hour max’.

It was difficult to watch; the joy, the beauty, the passion when the priest’s voice was heard saying ”You may now kiss the bride”. It was all she could do to not shed a tear, tears that were dangerously on the brink of falling out. Who would understand why she was upset at such a joyous event? Who would? She feigned a cough and tried to regain her composure.

Douglas drove into Apartment 14, excited and anxious at the same time. He was meeting her today, that pretty innocent looking thing he met at the restaurant last week and talking with over the phone since then. For some reason, she always had excuses whenever he wanted to see her but today was his lucky day. She agreed to see him and he had only had to beg once.

”Ahan babe, at least put small effort in your outfit”. Mide just rolled her eyes and continued zipping up her red cardigan, ”Either I go like this or I stay here and continue with my movie” . Bola knew her friend well and she knew that right now, Mide was looking for every means to not go with her. She kept shut, cleaned off her left brow and started again, ”perfect arch tonight please” she muttered to herself.

He smelled her before he saw her, Bola came out after the first knock looking exactly like he remembered ; pretty and innocent. they hugged and exchanged pleasantries , then he saw her. Mide was already tired of the whole thing, ”why cant Bola just go by herself to this thing eh?” she kept thinking . ”My name is Mide, I’m cold and I think we should be on our way now” she said and stepped forward to give him a handshake ”I thought I should introduce myself since none of you have manners, obviously” she added tightly. Her fragrance was heady and he couldn’t reconcile her scent with her appearance; she had no makeup on, her hair was loose about her and the wind kept blowing it to her face, she was wearing denim and an over-sized red cardigan, in fact she looked like she had been disturbed from sleep. But damn, she smelled good.

”Mide, meet Douglas, Douglas, Mide my best friend” Bola hurriedly said, she had been so occupied with his rich dark complexion and that baritone, that oh so sexy baritone.

Dinner was at a 5 star restaurant on the island , Bola merely picked at her food, she was too busy laughing at Douglas’ jokes. the conversation flowed like they had known each other for years. ”on our way back, please can you stop by somewhere, I want to eat amala” Mide was heard saying. Douglas burst into laughter and Bola could not hide the indulgent smile that crept up...Read more at https://olliealley./

(1) (Reply)

The Revolution (episode 5) / #32daysinseptember / xpr3sions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.