Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,696 members, 7,840,711 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) (45874 Views)

Pastor Citronnelli Delivers Lady From MouthAction Demon. See Reactions / Alleluia Ministries Speaks Out On ‘resurrection’ Video, Defend Pastor Alph / Choir Master Relaxes With Busty Lady On A Beach In Akwa Ibom, See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 12, 2017
engrpheleeks:

Are u telling the truth or is this fiction?
It's the truth. I read it on this forum
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by Iseoluwani: 12:04pm On Apr 12, 2017
CplusJason:
If Efe give him 10%(tithe) of the 25mil, he head go correct.

Do u think PASTOR MIKE IS A PAUPER
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:
What's the difference between judging an art and casting stone
one is meant to save a life while the other is to terminate it
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by Omoluabi16(m): 12:05pm On Apr 12, 2017
Didn't watch that show..I didn't die. Some viewers life basically depended on it. We must hold on to our life's values even if we stand alone. I'm glad the show has ended. That was mass hypnotism.

1 Like

Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 12, 2017
tafrica:
I'm a christian and very liberal.
Religion has caused more havoc to the entire society than BBNaija. We have seen prophets who killed because they needed power, pastors who exploited his gullible followers and slept with them, collected their possession. I have personally seen home that have been broken due to evil prophets directing either the wife, children or husband. Many have killed their people because a prophet told them the person was responsible for their travails. Should we rather call that Christianity be banned because of this?
Every religious belief breeds extremism. What a Christian forbids may be allowed by a muslim. A muslim fanatic might want to stone you to death because you (a Christian) fail to cover your head to your toes while a christian fanatic might want to curse you to death because you (A Muslim) marry several women. Another Christian will rain holy ghost fire on you because you (a traditionalist) is seen innocently bearing your sacrifice without any harm. The same Mike Bamiloye that now criticizes BBNaija will be stoned by muslim fanatic for allowing men and women hug in his christian movies (Yes, they do hug in Mount Zion movies). That's how religious belief breeds extremism.
I ask, who is wrong or right?
A Pastor who has private jets and houses around will openly come out to curse organisers of BBNaija who has just bettered the lives of some young men and women.

Are Christians and these pastors rich enough to organise reality shows which glorify God? Yes, I believe.
If they are so much concerned how BBNaija gained massive followership at the expense of godly shows, let them take up the challenge to organise christian reality shows.

Finally, what entertains everyone is different, we are wired differently.
You, a football fanatic, will condemn a BBNaija fanatic. A BBNaija fanatic will also condemn you for listening to a particular genre of song.
We get our entertainment differently. Many home videos we watch everyday are more erotic than the just concluded #BBNaija, bet because several people are hypocritically condemning it, let's join them.

Live your life, make I live mine.
God bless you
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 12, 2017
kingsouthie:

one is meant to save a life while the other is to terminate it
You must be joking. So you mean casting stone is to terminate life? SMH
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by castrokiller(m): 12:11pm On Apr 12, 2017
so the pastor been dey watch am abi wet in him do teach so far.... to watch bbn behind and come criticize it in public.... abeg make Una no come chop me o... I didn't want to comment o
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by fghanni(m): 12:12pm On Apr 12, 2017
We don't know the God we serve.
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by Kaslyni: 12:12pm On Apr 12, 2017
Naughtytboy:
judas was a good name but killed Jesus. Keep judging by names of nairaland at ur peril
Thats all you've got? lawlz bro... I mean theres just no way you could defend whats indefenssible... further more it only reveals to others who you truely are; Matt 7:20 by their fruits... you think am judging you? am only helping you understand your current state its in your hands to seek grace and pray your way out of canality as holiness is none negotiable. Heb 12:14 THE LORD HELP US BROTHER
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 12, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Didn't watch that show..I didn't die. Some viewers life basically depended on it. We must hold on to our life's values even if we stand alone. I'm glad the show has ended. That was mass hypnotism.
imagine checking Twitter in the morning and seeing bbn updates, so disgusting.
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by tafrica(m): 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:

God bless you

Amen, and you too.
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by GuyfawkesAB(m): 12:18pm On Apr 12, 2017
The Church does not need to organize a reality show to help people. Neither does it need to do that to promote the gospel. The Bible and it's teachings are clear. You either live by it in holiness or quit and follow the world in expectation of the reward of either of your decision.

You don't expect the true church to bend to satisfy the worldly longing for fame and recognition you seek from a reality TV show. David din't didn;t need a reality TV show to praise God with his songs and write all those Psalms

dabraska:
This formulates most of what I've been saying since. Standing from afar and criticising will not do anything. I never watched the BBN not even for a minute and I still don't know (or care to know) where or how the 'based on logistics' slang came from.

What stops you as a church from hosting your own reality show? The truth is, Nigerians are hungry. You can't take that away. If an average struggling Nigerian youth sees a way to make a name for himself without killing, cheating or making others sad, he or she will surely take it.
So I'm long done blaming the youth. The government has failed us already, we know that. The churches are also failing us. If then you say it's not the church's job to host reality shows, then don't complain when your members begin to backslide.

God will still ask you lots where you were (with all your money) when they were doing these things.

1 Like

Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by onyxo76(m): 12:22pm On Apr 12, 2017
Smellymouth:
Luke 6 va 37..
"..Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven.."
a popular verse when you want to dodge the bitter truth, most don't even know what the verse actually means, anyway scripture states that-r[b]For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear..-2 Timothy 4:3 [/b]
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:

You must be joking. So you mean casting stone is to terminate life? SMH
i dont know where you get your ideas but theres somewhere in the new testament that talks about correcting a brother privately for some wrongdoing and then going to the elders and then the church, and not an eye for an eye, as it was in the old testament which is what judging means there...Jesus Christ said "...go and SIN NO MORE", it doesnt mean he turned a blind eye to her sins but rather he asked to repent of them, rather than being the one to pass judgement according the law on her.
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by dabraska: 12:28pm On Apr 12, 2017
GuyfawkesAB:
The Church does not need to organize a reality show to help people. Neither does it need to do that to promote the gospel. The Bible and it's teachings are clear. You either live by it in holiness or quit and follow the world in expectation of the reward of either of your decision.

You don't expect the true church to bend to satisfy the worldly longing for fame and recognition you seek from a reality TV show. David din't didn;t need a reality TV show to praise God with his songs and write all those Psalms

The same Gospel that the missionaries taught while bringing free education to us? If not for the free education, do you think you would know about Christianity. You guys talk like this religion is embedded in us from birth.
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by GuyfawkesAB(m): 12:28pm On Apr 12, 2017
Uncle tafrica,

You are correct on the evils of religion. But true Christianity does not align with all that you are trying to explain down here. The Life of Christ and those who live by it is pure, true and holy. It's not "Liberal" in the sens that you explain here, it binds it's adherents to a life of true commitment to the commandments of Christ. A true Christian can't just live anyhow or keep quiet when what is wrong is being promoted without speaking out or rebuking with the intent of love for lost souls.
The Bible and its dictates are very clear and straightforward. A true Church need not organize a reality TV show to help talents bud. It's the greed for fame and worldly recognition that makes anyone feel the church needs to match up what the world does so as to satisfy her followers.
David didn't need a reality tv show to praise God with his music and writings. The true church won't bend to grease the desires of those who wouldn't take a stand
tafrica:
I'm a christian and very liberal.
Religion has caused more havoc to the entire society than BBNaija. We have seen prophets who killed because they needed power, pastors who exploited his gullible followers and slept with them, collected their possession. I have personally seen home that have been broken due to evil prophets directing either the wife, children or husband. Many have killed their people because a prophet told them the person was responsible for their travails. Should we rather call that Christianity be banned because of this?
Every religious belief breeds extremism. What a Christian forbids may be allowed by a muslim. A muslim fanatic might want to stone you to death because you (a Christian) fail to cover your head to your toes while a christian fanatic might want to curse you to death because you (A Muslim) marry several women. Another Christian will rain holy ghost fire on you because you (a traditionalist) is seen innocently bearing your sacrifice without any harm. The same Mike Bamiloye that now criticizes BBNaija will be stoned by muslim fanatic for allowing men and women hug in his christian movies (Yes, they do hug in Mount Zion movies). That's how religious belief breeds extremism.
I ask, who is wrong or right?
A Pastor who has private jets and houses around will openly come out to curse organisers of BBNaija who has just bettered the lives of some young men and women.

Are Christians and these pastors rich enough to organise reality shows which glorify God? Yes, I believe.
If they are so much concerned how BBNaija gained massive followership at the expense of godly shows, let them take up the challenge to organise christian reality shows.

Finally, what entertains everyone is different, we are wired differently.
You, a football fanatic, will condemn a BBNaija fanatic. A BBNaija fanatic will also condemn you for listening to a particular genre of song.
We get our entertainment differently. Many home videos we watch everyday are more erotic than the just concluded #BBNaija, bet because several people are hypocritically condemning it, let's join them.

Live your life, make I live mine.
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by Kaslyni: 12:29pm On Apr 12, 2017

1 Like

Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by dabraska: 12:31pm On Apr 12, 2017
GuyfawkesAB:
Uncle tafrica,

You are correct on the evils of religion. But true Christianity does not align with all that you are trying to explain down here. The Life of Christ and those who live by it is pure, true and holy. It's not "Liberal" in the sens that you explain here, it binds it's adherents to a life of true commitment to the commandments of Christ. A true Christian can't just live anyhow or keep quiet when what is wrong is being promoted without speaking out or rebuking with the intent of love for lost souls.
The Bible and its dictates are very clear and straightforward. A true Church need not organize a reality TV show to help talents bud. It's the greed for fame and worldly recognition that makes anyone feel the church needs to match up what the world does so as to satisfy her followers.
David didn't need a reality tv show to praise God with his music and writings. The true church won't bend to grease the desires of those who wouldn't take a stand

But the true church can buy 4 private jets and open schools with outrageous school fees? Are these not worldly rewards?
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by onyxo76(m): 12:36pm On Apr 12, 2017
I just disliked the show from the beginning, nothing positive to learn from the whole show other than immorality and other vices. Anyway shebi na person wey don belle full go get time to watch BBN and wetin come be your share for watching the whole thing , common 10 kobo no enter your account for all your watching.

1 Like

Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by placeofallure(f): 12:36pm On Apr 12, 2017
Naughtytboy:
MTN TRUE TALK AND IT IS BASED ON LOGISTICS,, The church should organize reality t. V shows like Gospel vocal talent hunt.
The fact is we youths in the church are getting carried away, no help from anywhere. Iam a choir master but might go for mtn project fame this year i don't wanna die in poverty. God Pls help me.

I have a friend, he is a skilled multi instrumentalist. He prefers the church to the secular. Daniel Wilson has never seen or met him but on listening to his guitar works, he enquired about him and visited him but he declined an invitation to join his team. Femi Kuti's manager too sought his skills, yet he declined.

The church has no help to render him. He wished he had chosen differently. You can take your chances with the Project Fame. The churches, especially the orthodox ones are not doing enough to empower their youths and that explains why everyone is trooping to Rccg and the likes. God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by bigiyaro(m): 12:40pm On Apr 12, 2017
Smellymouth:
Luke 6 va 37..
"..Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven.."
calling "black" black is not judgment, it is simply stating a fact. please grow up.
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by Jackipapa: 12:40pm On Apr 12, 2017
What is one pastor doing with private jets when members of the church is HUNGRY as in no food et al.
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by fullz: 12:40pm On Apr 12, 2017
GreenMavro:
grin

But the fact is that...most of the housemates are CHRISTIANS angry sad sad

So sad...the so called christians are now conformed to the world, The world is gradually cripping into the church, am sure some of the housemates will go to their various churches to share testimonies sad sad

if the earlier disciples were called Christians because of their lifestyle , then, I will say.these bbn guys aren't Christians.
Going to church and shouting Jesus doesn't make you a Christian rather it's about the religion.
I stand to be corrected.
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by Naughtytboy: 12:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
placeofallure:

I have a friend, he is a skilled multi instrumentalist. He prefers the church to the secular. Daniel Wilson has never seen or met him but on listening to his guitar works, he enquired about him and visited him but he declined an invitation to join his team. Femi Kuti's manager too sought his skills, yet he declined.

The church has no help to render him. He wished he had chosen differently. You can take your chances with the Project Fame. The churches, especially the orthodox ones are not doing enough to empower their youths and that explains why everyone is trooping to Rccg and the likes. God help us.
unmmm thanks brother
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by Greyman11(m): 12:45pm On Apr 12, 2017
CplusJason:
let us nt forget that this money is not government Money all its resource and funding wey obtain through social and entertainment means,so that is where it will go to.. They that came for the game wey prospective celebrities.. That is what u get if u choose that lane of life.. Let those shouting put such huge amount of money in maybe organising TV reality shows or other seminars and practical dealings live on screen but no,the same best graduating doctor would prefer I pay him millions to learn those tins and Government are not ready to invest in it,so blame not the host,na person like u sit down,come combine business Ideas and that show BBN/A became a reality,u that is shouting and taking God's place in d judgement sit,sit down and think of ways to put the church on air and generate revenues through that.. I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by thinkmoney(m): 12:48pm On Apr 12, 2017
GreenMavro:
grin

But the fact is that...most of the housemates are CHRISTIANS angry sad sad

So sad...the so called christians are now conformed to the world, The world is gradually cripping into the church, am sure some of the housemates will go to their various churches to share testimonies sad sad
Who tell you they are Christians? Is it because the answer European names or go to church? Christianity isn't a title, its a way of life. In the same vein because a building has church as part of its name doesn't mean God approves of what goes on inside of it. BY THEIR FRUITS WE SHALL KNOW THEM!
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by ipodstinks: 12:53pm On Apr 12, 2017
yellowbeauty:
His opinion
Not surprised.
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by ipodstinks: 1:04pm On Apr 12, 2017
CplusJason:
shut up, do you think everybody is as poor as you are. he is worth triple of that money.
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by Dindondin(m): 1:05pm On Apr 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:

He's saying the truth. The church needs to do something before it's too late
And I say every progressive church visit their member's welfare
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by CplusJason: 1:17pm On Apr 12, 2017
ipodstinks:
shut up, do you think everybody is as poor as you are. he is worth triple of that money.
Another biological mistake.
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 12, 2017
when I was growing up, churches use to excommunicate or suspend depending on the gravity of the offense, but now I doubt churches even caution members for ungodly behaviour not to talk of excommunicate, when there are enough "ride on sir" congregations to port to.
Re: Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) by ibolomo(m): 1:32pm On Apr 12, 2017
iraborosasu:
But they won't complain if Efe wants to donate to their church undecided
They don't have a church. And no, I don't believe they would accept such money. They are one of the very few Ministries in Nigeria I can beat my chest over for integrity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Catholic Church Built By Ifeanyi Araraume In Imo State (Photos) / Odumeje Holds His First Crusade In Plateau / Introduction To Witchcraft | 'Witchcraft For Dummies'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.