Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Can Nigeria Win The 2010 World Cup? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can Nigeria Win The 2010 World Cup? (866 Views)

Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? / Espn's Top 50 Players At The 2010 World Cup. No Nigerian Player! / 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Nigeria Win The 2010 World Cup? by champsng(m): 10:43am On Jan 24, 2007
What honest chances does Nigeria have in the worldcup in 2010, I would like to know your opinion, we're looking for Nigerians who have solutions to the problems Nigerian football has faced over the last decade and is still facing. What are the odds?
Re: Can Nigeria Win The 2010 World Cup? by manu4laif: 6:42pm On Jan 24, 2007
Nice one.
To answer the question we need to learn from those that have won
1.What did they do?
2.How did they do it?
3.When did they start?

So far only 7 countries have won and 5 have won at least twice. However though France won it only once(98)as hosts, they were not at the previous edition(94).We did not go in 2006 and really 2010 can be said to be an African show.What can we learn from France which became the first new country after 20 years to win.They must have done something apart from just being hosts considering that they are the only hosts to have won in the last 3 decades.Also the fact that they crashed out in the first round of the very next World Cup means there must have been something really special about 98.What was it?
Re: Can Nigeria Win The 2010 World Cup? by fatliar(m): 11:14pm On Jan 24, 2007
d question should be will Nigeria qualify 4 2010 world cup
Re: Can Nigeria Win The 2010 World Cup? by donnymikky(m): 8:03am On Jan 26, 2007
did you mean to say "can Nigeria win The 3010 world cup" ?
Re: Can Nigeria Win The 2010 World Cup? by galatico(m): 8:28am On Jan 26, 2007
Definately Nigeria can win the World Cup in 2010 with good preparation, good plan, and the time to start is now.
Re: Can Nigeria Win The 2010 World Cup? by luckyCO(m): 2:14pm On Jan 26, 2007
I think this is a very big question. Why because the Nigeria we are talking about is where politics is the order of the day.We politicise School,Church,Football, infact anything. How can u politicise football and be thinking that you will win.

Can Nigerians give and allows the coach to do his best selection whatout selfish and undue influence?

In 1998 world cup the coach said he didn't Peter Rufai,Rashidi, and about three other players but he was forced to include them. Peter Rufai later mess-up the blame went to coach.

The same thing may happen come 2010 where they will force coach to include player say Okocha because he used to play well.

I love what fatliar whether Nigeria will qualify.

As for me we should be askig whether Nigeria will qualify before we ask whether Nigeria will enter Qaurter-Final. I think from the look of things Nigeria may not pass that level.

As for human and material resources Nigeria can carry world cup 4 consective times.
Re: Can Nigeria Win The 2010 World Cup? by manu4laif: 6:07pm On Jan 26, 2007
@fatliar,
your question is pertinent and must also be taken into consideration in whatever the plans are.

The greatest lesson of the 2006 fiasco is that qualifying for the world cup is NOT our birthright.I have feeling that for us to go anywhere(qualify or do well or win)we must have a football fanatic at the helm or as No 2 .Our major successes have come under such regimes.What do you think.
Re: Can Nigeria Win The 2010 World Cup? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:09pm On Jan 26, 2007
re: your question

No.

lol Senegal has a better chance.

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Fifa 2010 World Cup Transport Survey / Any More Doubts As To Who Deserves The 2007 World Footballer Of The Year Award? / Foreign Invasion Vs Local Content

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.