Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 (36375 Views)

2017/2018 Nigeria LNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship / Nlng November 2016 Siwes Application Is Now Open. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by hucienda: 10:49am On Apr 12, 2017
make d eventual awardees try find job for UK or anywhere in d west.
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by kraizybone(m): 10:49am On Apr 12, 2017
Mehn, my IELTS is 7.5....Don't know if I can apply or if the condition is strict.
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by BedLam: 10:50am On Apr 12, 2017
lol. Have they paid the ones currently on scholarship overseas ? People are crying the stupeed govt neglected and they want to take more.
BTW, why are they in the U.K. that's so expensive. ?
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by danchuzzy(m): 10:53am On Apr 12, 2017
so without the IELTS exam score, you can't apply!!!

Even if you've already secured admission into the aforementioned schools!

Is this IELTS not supposed to be imposed on us by the UK schools?

Why would a "Nigeria based" scholarship program make IELTS compulsory?

4 Likes

Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by ideology(m): 11:04am On Apr 12, 2017
Mayflowa:
The IELTS qualification score of 8.0 is too high. That will literally filter a ninth of the applicants out
it depends on the university, visit these university's website and confirm the exact IETLS score you will need and apply to the one that you qualify

– University of Aberdeen
– University of Cranfield
– University of Leeds
– University of Strathclyde
– University of Liverpool.

visit these university's website and confirm the exact IETLS score you will need and apply to the one that you qualify
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by ideology(m): 11:05am On Apr 12, 2017
kraizybone:
Mehn, my IELTS is 7.5....Don't know if I can apply or if the condition is strict.
it all depends on the university requirements

– University of Aberdeen
– University of Leeds
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by ideology(m): 11:06am On Apr 12, 2017
danchuzzy:
so without the IELTS exam score, you can't apply!!!

Even if you've already secured admission into the aforementioned schools!

Is this IELTS not supposed to be imposed on us by the UK schools?

Why would a "Nigeria based" scholarship program make IELTS compulsory?

– University of Aberdeen
– University of Leeds
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by danchuzzy(m): 11:11am On Apr 12, 2017
ideology:

– University of Aberdeen
– University of Leeds

I know Aberdeen and Cranfield give admissions without the IELTS scores provided you studied in English and have proof of that.

So are you saying one can still apply without an IELTS score?

2 Likes

Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by Mayflowa(m): 11:13am On Apr 12, 2017
ideology:
it depends on the university, visit these university's website and confirm the exact IETLS score you will need and apply to the one that you qualify

– University of Aberdeen
– University of Leeds

visit these university's website and confirm the exact IETLS score you will need and apply to the one that you qualify

Did you read the scholarship award criteria in the advert sheet? It is not about this schools. Of course, no UK schools will ask you more than 6.5 IELTS score band for admission purpose. I am an Alumnus of Cranfield University and Nigerians don't need IELTS to study there.

The 8.0 score was set by LNG to filter out candidates. That was my point.

4 Likes

Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by kraizybone(m): 11:19am On Apr 12, 2017
ideology:

– University of Aberdeen
– University of Leeds
But one of the conditions states applicants should possess a minimum of ielts 8.0.. And applicants that do not meet any of the criteria would be disqualified. Are you saying this requirement is mainly for gaining admission into the preferred schools more than it is for applying for the scholarship?
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by kraizybone(m): 11:20am On Apr 12, 2017
Mayflowa:

Did you read the scholarship award criteria in the advert sheet? It is not about this schools. Of course, no UK schools will ask you more than 6.5 IELTS score band for admission purpose. I am an Alumnus of Cranfield University and Nigerians don't need IELTS to study there.

My thoughts exactly. But they should have made it like 7.5 na. Haba cry
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by danchuzzy(m): 11:24am On Apr 12, 2017
Mayflowa:

Thank you.

8.0 IELTS score.... Just imagine!
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by danchuzzy(m): 11:26am On Apr 12, 2017
kraizybone:

But one of the conditions states applicants should possess a minimum of ielts 8.0.. And applicants that do not meet any of the criteria would be disqualified. Are you saying this requirement is mainly for gaining admission into the preferred schools more than it is for applying for the scholarship?

As a side note, there's a part of the online application process that requires you fill in your IELTS score...

So if your score is below 8.0, no show.

If you kuma nor get IELTS score, sorry.

Iyaf taya.

1 Like

Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by ideology(m): 11:29am On Apr 12, 2017
Mayflowa:

good that you know its 6.5, Whosoever wrote 8.0 knows why they wrote that and they are achieving it already.

#BeSmart and apply, more grace kiss kiss kiss

wink wink wink

cc: danchuzzy, kraizybone, Mayflowa
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by onwuegbu81: 11:37am On Apr 12, 2017
I believe everything about this scholarship is true
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by librangyps(f): 11:44am On Apr 12, 2017
Where can I register for ielts in lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by kraizybone(m): 11:47am On Apr 12, 2017
librangyps:
Where can I register for ielts in lagos
It might not be possible to register for the exam and get the result within the deadline of the scholarship.

1 Like

Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by AlexCk: 12:04pm On Apr 12, 2017
As anglophones, we go still do ielts??

Choi

1 Like

Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by librangyps(f): 1:03pm On Apr 12, 2017
kraizybone:

It might not be possible to register for the exam and get the result within the deadline of the scholarship.

ok, thanks
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by deedo93(m): 1:23pm On Apr 12, 2017
Keneking:
This would be reserved for Man-know-Man

Either family members of NLNG
Family members of British Council
Family members of locals working at British Embassy
Nigerian born UK citizens
Nigerians with long nose

Nonsense

Bro not sure about that. I know someone who is currently schooling in the uk as a cadet engineer on an NLNG scholarship and would resume full time work with them next year. Bro when they called him for d exam he didnt even know anybody working or who has worked in the oil and gas sector not even a gateman, and he still got the scholarship. If u qualify abeg apply u neva can tell.

2 Likes

Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by Meek75(m): 1:38pm On Apr 12, 2017
What if u have not taking IELTS test
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by Shammak(m): 2:26pm On Apr 12, 2017
Nobody is even talking about the IELTS score embarassed

That disqualified me cry cry

It is well sha cheesy

Hope still dey grin

1 Like

Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by AlexCk: 2:39pm On Apr 12, 2017
Shammak:

It is well sha cheesy

Hope still dey grin

Lol,

The thing is, y nlng dey actually ask for ielts, when u hv been given admission from the schools listed.

Na just to cut down the applications jare.

But wetn dey baffle me pass be say we wey English be official language go still do ielts, lol, some schools in uk if not most Dont really ask for ielts especially when one let's them know one is actually an anglophone.

My senior bro's friend been tidy imperial college, and he no use ielts(but he get tight 1st class o, plus him papa get cash sha).

Besides, i doubt ptdf n nndc ask for ielts when applying sha,
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by ideologies(m): 2:57pm On Apr 12, 2017
Shammak:

It is well sha cheesy

Hope still dey grin
apply first
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by Shammak(m): 3:44pm On Apr 12, 2017
ideologies:
apply first
No problem sire, I will
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 12, 2017
Ielts ndi ochi
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by SurvTessy: 5:43pm On Apr 15, 2017
pls guys I need with my application with university of Aberdeen. I don't know if there's anyone dat have experienced this before. in the personal details section, I can't fill in my country of dormicile, country of birth,nationality n residential category. it kept on saying, " select an option from d list" as u can see from d screenshot I uploaded. I tried selecting from d list bt d list is not selectable. I don't know wot else to do. if u have experienced this b4 pls Tel me wot u did to overcome. thanks 4 urgent responses.

1 Share

Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by urchpath(m): 8:46am On Apr 16, 2017
Hello, in the spirit of oneness and for the purpose of sharing information, I have created a Whatsapp group for those that have successfully submitted their application. I am certain there are a lot we can learn from each other. Lets support each other. The link is in the attached Txt file. Kindly download and find the link.

In case you find it difficult to access the attached file, kindly send me your number through 090 608 483 82

Thank you

Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by urchpath(m): 9:24am On Apr 16, 2017
SurvTessy:
pls guys I need with my application with university of Aberdeen. I don't know if there's anyone dat have experienced this before. in the personal details section, I can't fill in my country of dormicile, country of birth,nationality n residential category. it kept on saying, " select an option from d list" as u can see from d screenshot I uploaded. I tried selecting from d list bt d list is not selectable. I don't know wot else to do. if u have experienced this b4 pls Tel me wot u did to overcome. thanks 4 urgent responses.

Call me on 090 6084 8382
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by Scriptamanet(m): 12:25am On Apr 17, 2017
Hello friends, have started filling the form, lets give it a try

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Npower Missing Info / Download The Gmat 2007 Now / What Is The Highest Salary You Have Ever Received

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.