Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 (36362 Views)

2017/2018 Nigeria LNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship / Nlng November 2016 Siwes Application Is Now Open. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by Horladimeyjey(m): 7:50pm On Aug 29, 2017
Anyone received mail here?
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by Goldwatch: 8:26pm On Aug 29, 2017
Horladimeyjey:
Anyone received mail here?

yea...for 6th sept.

but do u know if it's goin be a test really or an interview?
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by Horladimeyjey(m): 8:53pm On Aug 29, 2017
Goldwatch:

yea...for 6th sept.
but do u know if it's goin be a test really or an interview?

I have no idea.
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 29, 2017
My guess is its going to be an interview, or may be both
they dont have tym on their side to go through the stress of arranging tests and then interviews later.... so just know that if u are lucky to scale tru dis stage,u will be 2 weeks away from landing at heathrow grin

1 Like

Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by NonJose: 6:35am On Aug 30, 2017
Hanifbenz:
My guess is its going to be an interview, or may be both
they dont have tym on their side to go through the stress of arranging tests and then interviews later.... so just know that if u are lucky to scale tru dis stage,u will be 2 weeks away from landing at heathrow grin

Greetings.
I too got an invite for the "selection test" on the 6[sup][/sup]th of September, and totally resonate with what you have just stated. There's too little time for the usual selection process. But in the event it turns out to be a test, does anyone have an idea of what format it might be?
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by Listic1: 9:42am On Aug 30, 2017
Did anyone notice that they recalled the earlier email with this subject: 2017 NLNG PGSS? Did anyone also notice that the dates are not correct in the body of the email i.e. 28th August and 6th September?
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by odogwudozilla: 4:18pm On Aug 30, 2017
Listic1:
Did anyone notice that they recalled the earlier email with this subject: 2017 NLNG PGSS? Did anyone also notice that the dates are not correct in the body of the email i.e. 28th August and 6th September?

I noticed that too. Nothing yet from them. I'm now confused on the actual date: Wednestday, 6th, or Thursday, 7th?
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by usmanm77: 5:45pm On Aug 31, 2017
Just received this confirmation:

Based on your Abuja preferred location:

Venue: CHAMS, 19A Yedseram Street,
Sascon International School, Maitama, Abuja
Date: Thursday, September 7th 2017
Time: 10:00a.m prompt

Please note that your Exam Number is ********.

Kindly come along with the originals of the following:

• Birth Certificate
• LGA ID
• First Degree
• NYSC Discharge Certificate
• IELTS Result
• Provisional Letter of Admission and/or CAS

We wish you success.

3 Likes

Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by usmanm77: 5:48pm On Aug 31, 2017
I guess we'll probably be writing an exam. That Chams city address was where I wrote PTDF and DPR examinations and they were all CBT.
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by usmanm77: 5:15pm On Sep 01, 2017
Anyone's got an idea on what to expect in the examinations?
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by Goldwatch: 6:39pm On Sep 01, 2017
usmanm77:
Anyone's got an idea on what to expect in the examinations?

no idea homie. before now, they conducted interviews. but since it all points to a test this time and they haven't asked for fields of study, could be general aptitude test stuff and perhaps currents affairs esp. with respect to NLNG.
still read wider shaa

1 Like

Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by harunasco(m): 2:09pm On Sep 03, 2017
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by odogwudozilla: 1:46pm On Sep 05, 2017
harunasco:
I haven't completed my NYSC and I got 6.5 in my IELTS. Can I still go for the interview coz I've been invited and given an examination number.

No. I think they already stated 8.0 as minimum IELTS score. Unless the venue is close to your house I would advise against potentially wasting the money on travel.
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by victory148(m): 8:33pm On Sep 05, 2017
odogwudozilla:

No. I think they already stated 8.0 as minimum IELTS score. Unless the venue is close to your house I would advise against potentially wasting the money on travel.
What grave wickedness is this IELTS 8.0??
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by victory148(m): 8:33pm On Sep 05, 2017
odogwudozilla:

What grave wickedness is this IELTS 8.0!!
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 05, 2017
Do they accept TOEFL?
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by abdulhadie(m): 4:28pm On Sep 06, 2017
Saimeritus:
Do they accept TOEFL?
yes the do

1 Like

Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by jayloms: 10:19pm On Sep 06, 2017
abdulhadie:
yes the do
Why are you like this grin

1 Like

Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by mainstreets(m): 10:48pm On Sep 06, 2017
for those that had their test /interview today, Pls share with us ur experience

1 Like

Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by abdulhadie(m): 11:43pm On Sep 06, 2017
Nairaland beth why...... sad no even small guidelines against the test tomorrow.
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by d1whizzy(m): 1:07am On Sep 07, 2017
i didnt get the mail, but i have my toefl scores, you think i should still go for the exams?
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by d1whizzy(m): 1:15am On Sep 07, 2017
mainstreets:
for those that had their test /interview today, Pls share with us ur experience

what time is the exams?? i just got a mail requesting for my IELTS scores which i responded lately to.
do you guys think I should still go to the venue??
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by d1whizzy(m): 2:06am On Sep 07, 2017
please guys respond.... do you think i can gate crash the exams with all my credentials. seeing that i failed to submit my english scores early as i didnt get the mail on time.
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by d1whizzy(m): 2:13am On Sep 07, 2017
jayloms:

Why are you like this grin

do you disagree with his comments? i also only have TOEFL o...
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by abdulhadie(m): 4:54am On Sep 07, 2017
d1whizzy:

do you disagree with his comments? i also only have TOEFL o...
TOEFL is an equivalent of ielts, depending on your score tho.
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by abdulhadie(m): 4:56am On Sep 07, 2017
d1whizzy:
please guys respond.... do you think i can gate crash the exams with all my credentials. seeing that i failed to submit my english scores early as i didnt get the mail on time.
have you been given exam number?
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by kolycustard(m): 8:31am On Sep 07, 2017
Mrn guys Abeg has anyone written TOEFL recently. Pls ao much is the exam fee
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by odogwudozilla: 9:15am On Sep 07, 2017
d1whizzy:

You can always gatecrash. I'm slated for 10am today, PH.
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by abdulhadie(m): 1:23pm On Sep 08, 2017
Any news yet about the outcome of our test....!?
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by mainstreets(m): 8:27pm On Sep 08, 2017
abdulhadie:
Any news yet about the outcome of our test....!?
Bros, y una dey do like dis?, so u can't just share with d house what ur experience was like. There is need for u to say a word or two abt d test/interview. Years to come, d younger ones will still stumble in to dis thread n learn from it. Instead, u just want d scholarship n not give back to this forum from which u hv gotten timely info. Guy say sth abt d test b4 asking abt d outcome.
Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by Pirolli91: 2:57am On Sep 09, 2017
The test was okay, but the most important thing is speed and accuracy. There were four sections in all: verbal, quantitative, sentence completion and general questions. The total time was like 56mins. The first three sections had 20 questions and were 12 minutes each, while the general questions were 40 questions for 20 minutes. Like I said, it's about speed and accuracy. The first three sections are the normal formats, while the general question aspect contained questions from geography to medicine and all. I hope this helps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 by Smartjob1(f): 3:09am On Sep 09, 2017
Wow. Nice move by NLNG.

Are you tired of sending CVs to companies without positive responses? Tired of making series of HR mistakes? Help is here!

Join the world's smartest job network www. bejite.com today. Find jobs easily, recruit smartly, find, contact, connect, share, and chat with your favourite employers, jobseekers, business mentors and partners. Sign up either as a job seekers or recruiter, update your CV and profile.

Many have gotten their dream jobs from bejite. You could be the next. Sign up now. It is free!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Npower Missing Info / Download The Gmat 2007 Now / What Is The Highest Salary You Have Ever Received

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.