Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,006 members, 7,838,524 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus (15102 Views)

Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out / The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? / What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by Lighthouseman: 8:29pm On Apr 18, 2017
OCTAVO:

Pls how can one send money to Aliexpress via western Union? Is there any limit?
I went yto first bank this afternoon to ask how much it would cost. they said the would charge me at 390 to a dollar. its a no no.
Instead get two friends with gt account. ..transfer into their account then fund your alipocket then make your purchase.
Forget the western Union part of it.
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by HarveySpecter1: 8:49pm On Apr 18, 2017
timbros:

Download the aliexpress app anD sign up an account then we will take it up from there.

I have done that and signed up already.
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by sorextee(m): 9:05pm On Apr 18, 2017
Except u have d 500 dolls hard currency.. Buying at d xchange rate is high.. Against 320 Ali express charges on our gtb.. So u go lose more.. If u want to spend more Dan 500, u either use ur family ND frnds gtb or access, purchase 500 alipocket, or u open a domicillary account.
If u want to use western union, u have to hint d agent first, then pay.. Just know Ali will serve as a middleman, in dis transaction. Wen ur goods arrive, Ali will pay the agent.. This method is much longer, cos d agent go message u tire.

OCTAVO:

I want to order stuffs worth like 500usd for some of my clients.
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by HarveySpecter1: 4:58pm On Apr 19, 2017
sorextee:
Except u have d 500 dolls hard currency.. Buying at d xchange rate is high.. Against 320 Ali express charges on our gtb.. So u go lose more.. If u want to spend more Dan 500, u either use ur family ND frnds gtb or access, purchase 500 alipocket, or u open a domicillary account.
If u want to use western union, u have to hint d agent first, then pay.. Just know Ali will serve as a middleman, in dis transaction. Wen ur goods arrive, Ali will pay the agent.. This method is much longer, cos d agent go message u tire.

Can I use two ATMs for one item? Item is $140. Can I use two Gtbank ATMs or one access bank and one Gtbank ATMs? Kindly help.

Tried funding my alipocket accountbut got this message below. See screenshot attached. I used 1 Gtbank and 1access bank ATM.

Pls help

Cc protein0

Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by sorextee(m): 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2017
Are both accounts well funded, like up to 25k on both cards? Cos im sure u want to purchase 70 Ali pockets... From both accounts..
I dnt know about access charges, but gt charges 320. Have u tried using a laptop?

HarveySpecter1:

Can I use two ATMs for one item? Item is $140. Can I use two Gtbank ATMs or one access bank and one Gtbank ATMs? Kindly help.

Tried funding my alipocket accountbut got this message below. See screenshot attached. I used 1 Gtbank and 1access bank ATM.

Pls help

Cc protein0
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by Protein0: 9:22pm On Apr 19, 2017
HarveySpecter1:

Pls help

Cc protein0

Yes you can use two cards for 1 item. Infact, you can use 50 or more, as long as the system accepts them. cool

Hmm.
Welcome to the "republic of appeal" grin

Log in with a PC and click on my orders. You'll see "you've an appeal in progress" msg. Click "want to appeal" and upload the necessary documents as required.
You can use chrome on phone but load desktop site. You can do this from your chrome setting.
You can try paying using a PC if you don't find the appeal msg.

I hope this helps.
Further clarifications? let me know
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by policy12: 7:46am On Apr 20, 2017
Protein0:

Yes you can use two cards for 1 item. Infact, you can use 50 or more, as long as the system accepts them. cool

Hmm.

Log in with a PC and click on my orders. You'll see "you've an appeal in progress" msg. Click "want to appeal" and upload the necessary documents as required.
You can use chrome on phone but load desktop site. You can do this from your chrome setting.

I hope this helps.

Please how do I fund my alipocket?
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by policy12: 7:51am On Apr 20, 2017
adigunomomama:

You are right about the Alipay... I tried to load it with different card recently and it's giving me processing error. Later I use the card to pay online which is international transaction as well.

Please how do I load my Alipocket
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by policy12: 7:51am On Apr 20, 2017
adigunomomama:

You are right about the Alipay... I tried to load it with different card recently and it's giving me processing error. Later I use the card to pay online which is international transaction as well.

Please how do I load my Alipocket?
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by Youngpo413: 7:57am On Apr 20, 2017
Lighthouseman:
download the Aliexpress.com app on your phone. Follow the menu and take it from there. If you are buying above 99 dollars then you need more than one card to fund your pocket because of the cbn restrictions.
I bought a quicktel U20 lastweek but can't pay for my dodgee phone until next month ir I use western Union. .
Doogee Shoot 2?
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by Youngpo413: 8:00am On Apr 20, 2017
sorextee:

is it safe to pay directly without funding alipocket? Below $100?
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by sorextee(m): 8:16am On Apr 20, 2017
very.. im very sure most of us here have ordered items below 100 dolls here.
but make sure u read the reviews of the items of what u wan buy.. if na fones, make sure its not refurbished..

Youngpo413:
is it safe to pay directly without funding alipocket? Below $100?
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by chicwoman(f): 10:00am On Apr 20, 2017
My advice? Don't buy those phones which seems to have great features at very low prices.
The truth is that the cost of replacing something when it spoils is the same prices as the phone.
Plus, no after sales care is really daunting.
I suggest that you go for brands like Tecno and other phones to suit your budget
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by Protein0: 2:32pm On Apr 20, 2017
policy12:

Please how do I fund my alipocket?

Search "AliExpress shopping guide" thread here on NL.
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by Bossman(m): 4:27pm On Apr 20, 2017
Bottom line - Buying (especially expensive items) from them is hit/miss. Buy at your own risk. Remember, they are mainly a front for 3rd party sellers.
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by Lighthouseman: 4:54pm On Apr 20, 2017
Youngpo413:
Doogee Shoot 2?
Y6
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by Youngpo413: 5:09pm On Apr 20, 2017
Lighthouseman:

Y6
alright, between shoot 2 2GB ram and x5 max pro 2Gb ram which one will you choose?
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by Behankey(m): 7:57pm On Apr 20, 2017
Spicylate:
I once bought a Sony Xperia Z1 from Ali Express. I used DHL coz I did not want to hear any story and I was eager to have it. I spent 62,000 in total while it was being sold for 80+ in Nigeria.
I did not enjoy the phone at all. It was hot, battery won't last. I had to spend 4,000 to replace the battery. They phone was heavy too and the camera with the whole 20.4mp ( that's why I was interested in the phone) was like using an old Nokia camera.
So I would really advise you don't buy gadgets from Ali Express. Although you would see great reviews but nah, it's not worth it. I've learnt my lesson.
Wow, that's like a waste. Thoughts of buying on Aliexpress has crossed my mind too with the way folks talk about it on here. Like it's the best place to get stuffs. I'll rather keep on getting stuffs readily available in Naija then like dem Tecno phones with first hand user experience.
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by HarveySpecter1: 12:57pm On Apr 22, 2017
Protein0:

Hmm.

I hope this helps.

Bro, you are 100% right. I have uploaded the documents requested for so theycan authorise the use of my access bank ATM. Processingwill take 1-3 days.

I have a little problem. I need to buy a $150 phone. Can I also registered my friend s ATM card just like I did mine. Tried that but it isn't going thru.
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by Protein0: 2:13pm On Apr 22, 2017
HarveySpecter1:

Bro, you are 100% right. I have uploaded the documents requested for so theycan authorise the use of my access bank ATM. Processingwill take 1-3 days.

I have a little problem. I need to buy a $150 phone. Can I also registered my friend s ATM card just like I did mine. Tried that but it isn't going thru.

what do u mean by registering atm card?
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by HarveySpecter1: 2:29pm On Apr 22, 2017
Protein0:

what do u mean by registering atm card?

Phone is $150.
Used my access bank ATMto buy $100 alipocket fund
Want to use my friend's ATM to buy an additional $50 alipocket fund.

Message that " this process can not be completed at this time" came up.
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by Protein0: 2:43pm On Apr 22, 2017
HarveySpecter1:

Phone is $150.
Used my access bank ATMto buy $100 alipocket fund
Want to use my friend's ATM to buy an additional $50 alipocket fund.

Message that " this process can not be completed at this time" came up.

if i can get u right, u already have $100 in ur alipocket gotten with ur access visa card, after appealing it.
you then tried using ur friend's card to buy $50 but got the error msg above.

if yes, try to appeal ur friend's card just as u did urs or as i highlighted it in my previous post
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by HarveySpecter1: 3:17pm On Apr 22, 2017
Protein0:

if i can get u right, u already have $100 in ur alipocket gotten with ur access visa card, after appealing it.

if yes, try to appeal ur friend's card just as u did urs or as i highlighted it in my previous post

The appeal on my ATM card is still being processed. Takes 3 days.

Tried to do same with my friend's card and it isn't even going at all. When I clicked on the 50$ alipocket, that message came up.

It has not even gotten to the stage where it would ask for card details.

Is there any limits to the number or amount of alipocket that I can purchase? Or could it be cos I have an appeal that is being processed?
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by rookidmart: 4:30pm On Apr 22, 2017
HarveySpecter1:

The appeal on my ATM card is still being processed. Takes 3 days.

Tried to do same with my friend's card and it isn't even going at all. When I clicked on the 50$ alipocket, that message came up.

It has not even gotten to the stage where it would ask for card details.

Is there any limits to the number or amount of alipocket that I can purchase? Or could it be cos I have an appeal that is being processed?
You have a pending appeal .

Note that you can't use any other card or perform any other transaction unless with the current amount in your AliExpress Pocket until the appeal is accepted.

You can chat with the customer care agent from the App: Help->Live Chat to fast track your appeal.

PS after your appeal is accepted wait for 24 hours before trying to use the card or risk having to appeal again
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by HarveySpecter1: 4:56pm On Apr 22, 2017
rookidmart:

You have a pending appeal .

Note that you can't use any other card or perform any other transaction unless with the current amount in your AliExpress Pocket until the appeal is accepted.

You can chat with the customer care agent from the App: Help->Live Chat to fast track your appeal.

PS after your appeal is accepted wait for 24 hours before trying to use the card or risk having to appeal again

Thanks. I will as you adviced.
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by HarveySpecter1: 11:00am On Apr 26, 2017
Protein0:

Sup bro, my appeal has Benn approved and guess what? I still couldn't make payment because ATM cards from Nigeria are no longer supported to make payments on AliExpress.com.

A customer care representative told me this today.
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by Bossman(m): 1:51pm On Apr 26, 2017
Common people! is it by force to buy these items from Aliexpress. There are more negative reviews about this company than positive, and Nigerians are still trying to take the risk. Just google for "scam by aliexpress". That should tell you all you need to know.
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by Protein0: 1:57pm On Apr 26, 2017
HarveySpecter1:

Sup bro, my appeal has Benn approved and guess what? I still couldn't make payment because ATM cards from Nigeria are no longer supported to make payments on AliExpress.com.

A customer care representative told me this today.

dont mind those cc, some of dem aint well informed.

did u wait for at least 24hours after ur appeal was accepted b4 u tried d payment again?
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by Protein0: 1:58pm On Apr 26, 2017
Bossman:
Common people! is it by force to buy these items. There are more negative reviews about this company than positive, and Nigerians are still trying to take the risk. Just google for "scam by aliexpress". That should tell you all you need to know.

why do u allow what u dont know to be ur rein?
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by HarveySpecter1: 2:02pm On Apr 26, 2017
Protein0:

dont mind those cc, some of dem aint well informed.

did u wait for at least 24hours after ur appeal was accepted b4 u tried d payment again?

Waited for 48 hours.
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by Protein0: 2:15pm On Apr 26, 2017
HarveySpecter1:

Waited for 48 hours.

hmmm.

what item do u wanna get sef and how many cards do u have?
Re: I Want To Order A Phone From Aliexpress I Want Advice From Gurus by HarveySpecter1: 6:36pm On Apr 26, 2017
Protein0:

hmmm.

what item do u wanna get sef and how many cards do u have?

2 cards. a phone of 160$ xiaomi redmi note 4x

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? / TECNO CAMON 19 Pro Mondrian Edition Bags Double Awards / Which Of These Nigerian Telcos Is Your Preferred Network For Internet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.