Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Apply For Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XXIII FEMALE ONLY - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XXIII FEMALE ONLY (2856 Views)

Apply For Andela Nigeria Job Recruitment (10 Positions) / Apply For Job Application For Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XX / Apply For Andela Learning 2017 Program – Learn Android Development For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apply For Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XXIII FEMALE ONLY by ideologies(m): 6:13am On Apr 12, 2017
Join the Andela movement, to ensure that while the digital revolution may have begun in Silicon Valley, its future will be written in Lagos, Nairobi, and cities across Africa.

This one-of-a-kind opportunity is for women with an interest in technology, prior experience or education in the field notwithstanding. They are to be taught the basics of software development by a team of experienced engineers.

The only requirements are that the candidates are female, hardworking, detail oriented and have a passion for technology.

THE ANDELA FELLOWSHIP

The Fellowship is a four-year, paid Technical Leadership Program designed to shape you into an exceptional software engineer. Through your training and work with top global technology companies, you will become excellent in the professional and technical skills needed to become a technology leader, both on the continent and around the world.

THE APPLICATION PROCESS

Stage 1: Application and Aptitude Assessment

First, you’ll complete an application, which lets us learn more about you. Once we receive your application, we’ll email you an online test that measures logical reasoning and personality fit.

Andela does not have any degree or diploma requirements. However, if you have completed University or have a Higher National Diploma from a polytechnic, you must complete your one-year National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) before applying to Andela, unless you have been formally exempted.

Stage 2: Home Study

Next, you’ll need to complete an introduction to software development self-study course focused on Python. You can find the downloadable version of this course here. During the course, you’ll complete a Proctor test that will evaluate your knowledge of the content you’ve learned. You will also be invited to a Slack Community called “Open Andela” to help guide and encourage you throughout the process.

Stage 3: In-Person Interview

Based on performance on the Aptitude Assessment and Proctor test, we invite a select group of applicants to interview with Andela. If selected, you’ll receive an email one week prior to the interview stage, inviting you to a panel of interviews made up of staff members and fellows at the Andela office.

Stage 4: Two-Week Boot Camp

Successful applicants participate in a two-week, full-time Boot Camp at an Andela Campus led by our senior engineers. You’ll be expected to learn independently as well as work on a team to deliver a final project. We’re looking for determination, work ethic, passion, and teamwork.

Stage 5: Acceptance

The highest performing participants are accepted into Andela’s four-year Technical Leadership Program.

For inquiries, please read the Application FAQs and Home Study FAQs. If you still have unanswered questions, please send an email to nigeria.apply@andela.com.

Recruitment Schedule for Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XXIII (FEMALE ONLY)
Please note that Male applications will not be considered this cycle. Thank you.

Application Deadline: May 5th, 2017

Home Study Test Submission Deadline: May 12th, 2017

Please study and complete the Home Study Curriculum before your test.

Interview Dates: 22nd May – 24th May 2017

Boot camp:
2nd June – 16th June 2017

Fellowship Resumption:
July 3rd, 2017

Please take this schedule into consideration before you apply. Thank you.
Click here to apply https://boards.greenhouse.io/andela/jobs/660211#.WO2esfnyvZ6

1 Like

Re: Apply For Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XXIII FEMALE ONLY by ideologies(m): 7:22am On Apr 12, 2017
ideologies:
Join the Andela movement, to ensure that while the digital revolution may have begun in Silicon Valley, its future will be written in Lagos, Nairobi, and cities across Africa.

This one-of-a-kind opportunity is for women with an interest in technology, prior experience or education in the field notwithstanding. They are to be taught the basics of software development by a team of experienced engineers.

The only requirements are that the candidates are female, hardworking, detail oriented and have a passion for technology.

THE ANDELA FELLOWSHIP

The Fellowship is a four-year, paid Technical Leadership Program designed to shape you into an exceptional software engineer. Through your training and work with top global technology companies, you will become excellent in the professional and technical skills needed to become a technology leader, both on the continent and around the world.

THE APPLICATION PROCESS

Stage 1: Application and Aptitude Assessment

First, you’ll complete an application, which lets us learn more about you. Once we receive your application, we’ll email you an online test that measures logical reasoning and personality fit.

Andela does not have any degree or diploma requirements. However, if you have completed University or have a Higher National Diploma from a polytechnic, you must complete your one-year National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) before applying to Andela, unless you have been formally exempted.

Stage 2: Home Study

Next, you’ll need to complete an introduction to software development self-study course focused on Python. You can find the downloadable version of this course here. During the course, you’ll complete a Proctor test that will evaluate your knowledge of the content you’ve learned. You will also be invited to a Slack Community called “Open Andela” to help guide and encourage you throughout the process.

Stage 3: In-Person Interview

Based on performance on the Aptitude Assessment and Proctor test, we invite a select group of applicants to interview with Andela. If selected, you’ll receive an email one week prior to the interview stage, inviting you to a panel of interviews made up of staff members and fellows at the Andela office.

Stage 4: Two-Week Boot Camp

Successful applicants participate in a two-week, full-time Boot Camp at an Andela Campus led by our senior engineers. You’ll be expected to learn independently as well as work on a team to deliver a final project. We’re looking for determination, work ethic, passion, and teamwork.

Stage 5: Acceptance

The highest performing participants are accepted into Andela’s four-year Technical Leadership Program.

For inquiries, please read the Application FAQs and Home Study FAQs. If you still have unanswered questions, please send an email to nigeria.apply@andela.com.

Recruitment Schedule for Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XXIII (FEMALE ONLY)
Please note that Male applications will not be considered this cycle. Thank you.

Application Deadline: May 5th, 2017

Home Study Test Submission Deadline: May 12th, 2017

Please study and complete the Home Study Curriculum before your test.

Interview Dates: 22nd May – 24th May 2017

Boot camp:
2nd June – 16th June 2017

Fellowship Resumption:
July 3rd, 2017

Please take this schedule into consideration before you apply. Thank you.
Click here to apply https://boards.greenhouse.io/andela/jobs/660211#.WO2esfnyvZ6
just for you Hassy4, lovemaths, Neenie, enniewest

1 Like

Re: Apply For Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XXIII FEMALE ONLY by Bahddo(m): 7:23am On Apr 12, 2017
It's now every 5 cycles? The last all-female was cycle 18 not long ago.

I like the idea of encouraging females, but talent doesn't seem gender neutral if you have to limit guys so that more girls can stand a chance.

It's like saying "hey ladies, we know most of you can't get in if it is a mixed application, so we'd take guys out of the picture as you can't be as good as them"

5 Likes

Re: Apply For Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XXIII FEMALE ONLY by ideologies(m): 2:48pm On Apr 12, 2017
Bahddo:

I like the idea of encouraging females, but talent doesn't seem gender neutral if you have to limit guys so that more girls can stand a chance.

It's like saying "hey ladies, we know most of you can't get in if it is a mixed application, so we'd take guys out of the picture as you can't be as good as them"
cool

CC: Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Re: Apply For Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XXIII FEMALE ONLY by lovemaths(f): 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2017
ideologies:

Thanks, maybe for the next phase. I have my hands full with the Andela learn Android development for free till may 29.

1 Like

Re: Apply For Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XXIII FEMALE ONLY by Hassy4(f): 8:10pm On Apr 18, 2017
lovemaths:

Thanks, maybe for the next phase. I have my hands full with the Andela learn Android development for free till may 29.
Love maths, do you mean u downloaded all the videos for 1b lesson? If yes, share with me pls, I Cud not finish mine
Re: Apply For Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XXIII FEMALE ONLY by Hassy4(f): 8:12pm On Apr 18, 2017
ideologies:
Tnx ideologies, I just applied

1 Like

Re: Apply For Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XXIII FEMALE ONLY by GirlNextDoor777: 8:26pm On Apr 18, 2017
Bahddo:

You're so wrong
Re: Apply For Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XXIII FEMALE ONLY by Bahddo(m): 8:36pm On Apr 18, 2017
GirlNextDoor777:
You're so wrong
how so?

1 Like

Re: Apply For Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XXIII FEMALE ONLY by ideologies(m): 6:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
lovemaths:

Hassy4:

aii baes, Go for Goal, bring back the 25 Milla,I de wait for Airport cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Apply For Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XXIII FEMALE ONLY by lovemaths(f): 7:44am On Apr 21, 2017
Hassy4:

Love maths, do you mean u downloaded all the videos for 1b lesson? If yes, share with me pls, I Cud not finish mine

No, I didn't download any videos. I just watch the videos, take screenshot and make notes. I met a lady who had the complete videos at the meetup but my system was bad then. I colllected her number. she promised to send her address. Till today she refused. I gave up after calling her three times. I believe someone else might help me with the videos.

1 Like

Re: Apply For Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XXIII FEMALE ONLY by AlexisM16: 12:53pm On Apr 29, 2017
Hassy4:

Hello Hassy4, did you get any notification after application?

I haven't applied yet, I'm still going through the homestudy modules.
Re: Apply For Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XXIII FEMALE ONLY by Hassy4(f): 4:28pm On Apr 29, 2017
AlexisM16:

Hello Hassy4, did you get any notification after application?

I haven't applied yet, I'm still going through the homestudy modules.
Yes, dt thank you for applying to andela. I also got another mail from them to take my plumb test if I have studied the homestudy modules. Am yet to finish those modules

1 Like

Re: Apply For Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XXIII FEMALE ONLY by AlexisM16: 10:28pm On May 12, 2017
Today is the deadline for submission.

@Hassy4, have you done yours?
Re: Apply For Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XXIII FEMALE ONLY by Hassy4(f): 10:22am On May 13, 2017
AlexisM16:
Today is the deadline for submission.

@Hassy4, have you done yours?

Tnx dear. No, av started ALC grp for beginners already. I can't combine it with this. God bless you richly
Re: Apply For Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XXIII FEMALE ONLY by AlexisM16: 10:26am On May 14, 2017
Hassy4:

Tnx dear. No, av started ALC grp for beginners already. I can't combine it with this. God bless you richly

May I know more about the ALC? Where's the group and what's the criteria for joining?
Re: Apply For Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XXIII FEMALE ONLY by Hassy4(f): 5:33pm On May 14, 2017
AlexisM16:

May I know more about the ALC? Where's the group and what's the criteria for joining?

Android learning community ALC for beginners. Andela, udacity and google joined to give scholarship, Dou it's online were you study with their videos at home and be given assignment to submit a specific date. The criteria for shortlist was an online test .its closed now and the study is for 3months.

1 Like

Re: Apply For Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XXIII FEMALE ONLY by ideologies(m): 11:47am On May 16, 2017
Sweet hrt how is the program going?
Hassy4:

Android learning community ALC for beginners. Andela, udacity and google joined to give scholarship, Dou it's online were you study with their videos at home and be given assignment to submit a specific date. The criteria for shortlist was an online test .its closed now and the study is for 3months.

(1) (Reply)

Latest Jobs And Internships For Nigerians / Nnpc Aptitude Test Past Questions And Answers E-book / Yemlek Ltd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.