Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha (49263 Views)

Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites / Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions / The Eastern Palm University Built By Rochas Okorocha - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by opribo(m): 11:39am On Apr 12, 2017
I'm
Amarabae:
why not use that money and invest in Imo state university,so that it will be developed more.
misplaced prioriety.
I am not saying that this project is bad, just that IMSU need more attention than this.
all the same,kudos to him atleast for trying.

The more the merrier.
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by Hardeydamola(m): 11:40am On Apr 12, 2017
See this umbele habi owele making big strides Fayose nko
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by alizma: 11:40am On Apr 12, 2017
Legalaffairs:

Be enlightened. This is a private university.
how many imo state governor's built private university before or even Biro producing factory? Rochas before he was elected as a governor built secondary school and now he is building university which I am sure will employ not just his family members as well as open up the location where the school is situated.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by goonsmi: 11:42am On Apr 12, 2017
Amarabae:

Rochas okorocha is not the only Igbo politician in APC, ogbonnaya onu,ngige,ken nnamani etc are in APC but are respected.
Okorocha love to throw his tribe under the bus just to please his northern lovers and appear as a good nigerian.
thats one con about him.

Tell me why Ngige lost both the governorship and senatorial election if not because he belongs to the Awolowo party and later Hausa's party.

As for the remaining 2 wait till they contest for election before you know .

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by RareDiamond: 11:43am On Apr 12, 2017
Good job

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by deathwing(m): 11:51am On Apr 12, 2017
If you've ever been to Imo. youll know there is always something substandard about everything Rochas builds.

It's like he's just building in order to gather acclaim. His bridges begin to crumble and flake off within months, the roads develop potholes quickly, the government centres he builds are of low quality and this nigga has a problem of flooring the compound of his structures.
He just prefers to leave them as earth. So you'll see a new structure in imo state already in use, but it's surrounded by grass because nothing was paved or cemented outside. Imo state just looks like an old town even while new things are still being built. Disheartening. The next government will rebuild and regain another round of applause.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by Newmanluckyman(m): 11:51am On Apr 12, 2017
... Great development.
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by sanpipita(m): 11:52am On Apr 12, 2017
alizma:
I have said it severally, though I am not an igbo, the only crime Rochas committed against his people is that he is a member of a party they don't like.
I was there as resident during the reign of Udenwa and Ohakim, I was there throughout Rochas first tenure and I still visit the state till this days. Rochas is working.
an imolite is happily tell you to come to his state and see good things, it is because Rochas has transformed the state capital.
Rochas is the only governor of that state apart from Sir Mbakwe that has at least a physical, touchable project in all the local government.

Lol Rocha's has used IMO state resources to build a university for himself and you want people to hail him, you are mad

7 Likes

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by sanpipita(m): 11:55am On Apr 12, 2017
OdaNobunaga:
what is the state of structures in IMSU? this people will never change. SMH

Good question Imsu has become glorified secondary school, even most hospitals in IMO are on strike but this man has used IMO state resources to his own gain and people say we should hail him, madness

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by donvicky2007: 11:56am On Apr 12, 2017
alizma:
I have said it severally, though I am not an igbo, the only crime Rochas committed against his people is that he is a member of a party they don't like.
I was there as resident during the reign of Udenwa and Ohakim, I was there throughout Rochas first tenure and I still visit the state till this days. Rochas is working.
an imolite is happily tell you to come to his state and see good things, it is because Rochas has transformed the state capital.
Rochas is the only governor of that state apart from Sir Mbakwe that has at least a physical, touchable project in all the local government.

The Man should have use the money in building this university to upgrade Imo State university, except he is telling us that the university belongs to him, instead is waste of resources.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by musicwriter(m): 11:58am On Apr 12, 2017
Rochas Okorocha is the only Nigerian leader so far that I can say is genuinely interested in education. Everything about his antecedents says he understands the importance of education more than any other leader.

Muhammad Sanusi is up north speaking English talking about poor situation of education in northern Nigeria, when he should be building schools. If he understands how much the north need education, he would stop taking and vacate his palace and turn it to a school. After all, Emperor Haile Selaisie of Ethiopia once vacated his palace and turned it to university of Ethiopia.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by chigoizie7(m): 12:00pm On Apr 12, 2017
The question is, can imo state government under Rochas and after rochas fund the two universities? Imsu and this very university? Building is one thing, funding and maintenance is another thing. When u build and can't maintain, that's a waste.

I am in ebonyi state, they have so many government structures but many of them are wasting and being dilapidated.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by hazan041(m): 12:00pm On Apr 12, 2017
yarimo:
APC government and hard working are like bread and butter grin
Not in kwara here dey are tom and jerry here

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by Pharrel22(m): 12:06pm On Apr 12, 2017
Categorically, rochas okorocha is a carbon copy of otunba gbenga daniel..cud remember ao OGD neglected olabisi onabanjo university and upgraded tai solarin college of education to a university...

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by karma2000: 12:09pm On Apr 12, 2017
na govt money he use anyway make e no face karma after leaving office for looting and mismanaging Imo state govt funds
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by crispus09(m): 12:12pm On Apr 12, 2017
private uni?
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by ziga: 12:12pm On Apr 12, 2017
onyenze123:

He is the owner of the university. Oshiomole did the same in edo

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by GENTLETEE(m): 12:13pm On Apr 12, 2017
A beautiful sight to behold !
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by magaliyu(f): 12:14pm On Apr 12, 2017
2019 Sai Rochas,
Igbo kwenu...
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by afbstrategies: 12:16pm On Apr 12, 2017
We are waiting for him to build 'Indian University' just to thank them for saving him after the slap. Mummu Governor cry

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by ifeanyi317(m): 12:16pm On Apr 12, 2017
alizma:
my freind dont say what u dont know. what happened to him using that fund to improve IMSU instead he is building another school with funds he can use to develop other places and pay his workers u are praising an imcompetent ewu hausa cause u are seeing building that he built with stolen funds.
Rochas that will go to a place demolish the house and sell it to himself.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by Sirheny007(m): 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2017
I did a good work at this site...mostly block work...I made a good chunk that saw me through the University..

Anyways, Rochas Okorohausa will continue to he hated...
He tries to maintain a 'sweet relationship' with the north to the chagrin of Imolites..
he forgot..no man ever defeated his kinsmen..

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by ziga: 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2017
His "Private University" grin grin grin

I wish we could see the details of the accounts that funded this project. For transparency purposes.

But in Nigeria, anything can happen. We only respect/worship money and power.

Why didn't he build this after leaving office?

Anyway, na "smart guy". He don invest in his retirement money.

Someday in the future, all these projects will be reclaimed by NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by obailala(m): 12:21pm On Apr 12, 2017
alizma:
You are absolutely right, the real grouse against Rochas is that he joined APC and openly supported Buhari over GEJ; a decision which didnt go down well with many Igbos.

When it comes to performance, anyone who says Rochas isn't working is either lying to himself or is just plain ignorant; most people fall in the 'ignorant' category though cos they've never even been to the state but just base their judgement on the nonsense they read online from haters. Majority of the vocal haters aren't even from Imo state. As far as Imo state is concerned, Rochas' performance even in his first tenure trumps Udenwa and Ohakim (and even Tanko Zubairu and co) put together.

The only problem with Rochas may be that he talks too much and the quality of his projects are really suspect (China roads). Besides that, anyone who claims Rochas isn't working (especially when compared with his peers(past and present)) is a clown.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by Nwachineke1980: 12:21pm On Apr 12, 2017
Imo State University (IMSU) is state owned. What is Imo state doing with 2 universities? Why not make IMSU a world class university?Okorocha should stop all this white elephant projects.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by ottalo1(m): 12:22pm On Apr 12, 2017
Amarabae:
why not use that money and invest in Imo state university,so that it will be developed more.
misplaced prioriety.
I am not saying that this project is bad, just that IMSU need more attention than this.
all the same,kudos to him atleast for trying.
iike your smiles baby
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by opobo007: 12:25pm On Apr 12, 2017
When he's left, this university will become way of others before it. Nigerians love to build structures but fails to maintain them.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by nkemjacob2(m): 12:25pm On Apr 12, 2017
alizma:
what happen to the state university... are they not to be giving a standard ... y his village.... he is repeating what oshiomole did in edo state. am so sure APC will not win imo state

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by VanBommel(m): 12:27pm On Apr 12, 2017
deathwing:
If you've ever been to Imo. youll know there is always something substandard about everything Rochas builds.

It's like he's just building in order to gather acclaim. His bridges begin to crumble and flake off within months, the roads develop potholes quickly, the government centres he builds are of low quality and this nigga has a problem of flooring the compound of his structures.
He just prefers to leave them as earth. So you'll see a new structure in imo state already in use, but it's surrounded by grass because nothing was paved or cemented outside. Imo state just looks like an old town even while new things are still being built. Disheartening. The next government will rebuild and regain another round of applause.
you're right bro, it's the same thing I always tell people but as usual, they label me an IPod yoot
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by mbonuifeanyi: 12:39pm On Apr 12, 2017
U guys should pity this man. Sincerely speaking, he has done well cool cool shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan / These Courses Are Difficult To Have First-class In. / Little Lagos Boy Who Swore He Wants To Be A Yahoo Boy Starts School (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.