Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,094 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Nigeria Police! Stop Harassing The Citizens You Are To Protect In Warri - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigeria Police! Stop Harassing The Citizens You Are To Protect In Warri (662 Views)

'1 Million Boys' Robbers: Elderly Women Carry Cutlasses To Protect Themselves / Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta / Delta Lockdown: Soldier Shoots Man Dead In Warri - Mr Jollof (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Police! Stop Harassing The Citizens You Are To Protect In Warri by tosan21: 1:17pm On Apr 12, 2017
The popular saying of ‘The Nigeria Police is your friend’ slogan has turned to a statement the citizens of Nigeria has refused to accept at anytime of the day because of the attitude exhibited by men of the Force wherever they are found.

The men in black has turned their profession into an hunting game where they are the hunters and the citizens and most especially the young ones are the prey in the society.

In Warri, where am from and also a resident, there has been a recent and regular mode of operation which has being invented by these men in black.

The rate of armed robbery and theft in the once volatile Oil City of Warri is surely increasing on a daily basis but the persons who are designated to shoulder the responsibility making the society a safe place to work and live has turned their back to the crime carried out by men of the underworld who knows no joy and has devised several means of carrying out their nefarious activities without blemish and trace but rather in a unique and intelligent way which always leaves the people dumbfounded or speechless in the ways their actions are executed cleanly.

In this period of recession ravaging our economy and most especially the resident of Warri and its adjoining towns like Effurun, Ughelli, Sapele, Udu and others, the Police has decided to add sorrow and pain to the young ones who they simply refers to as YAHOO BOYS without double thinking.

The rate at which the young boys/guys are regularly interrogated on the roadside and thrown into their vans and also detained should be seen as an unlawful act.

The Police has decided to make the Force an enemy to the citizens of the Nigerian society.

I don’t know anywhere in the Federal Republic of Nigeria’s constitution where it is clearly stated that any young Nigerian in possession of an ANDROID phone or Iphone should be taken to the Police Station for interrogation.

The recent and regular actions of the MEN IN BLACK to our young ones is sending a wrong message to that young man with an ambition of one day becoming a Policeman, that the Nigeria Police Force is not worthy to be associated with and not to talk of joining.

It’s high time the Nigeria Police stand up or wake up from their trance or slumber and be counted amongst the Force in the land.

God bless The Nigeria Police

God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria
FOR MORE STORIES PLEASE CLICK http://www.brivalix.com/nigeria-police-stop-harassing-the-citizens-you-are-to-protect-in-warri/
[img][/img]

Re: Nigeria Police! Stop Harassing The Citizens You Are To Protect In Warri by Abudu2000(m): 3:20pm On Apr 12, 2017
It's really pathetic..

They are all animals in human clothing, if not for their police jobs ,they would have became armed robbers and kidnappers coz they operate just the same way...

Even here in lagos now, to go out with your phone is now a crime, phone you bought with your own money oo, to wear gold necklace now is a crime, to have a car now na crime, even some hotels now is a no go area coz them go just enter uninvited.

Yes, i know they are fighting crime but is the policy now guilty until proven innocent?? Or the other way round?

Hmmm, na wa o
Re: Nigeria Police! Stop Harassing The Citizens You Are To Protect In Warri by blayne(m): 12:41am On Apr 13, 2017
It's every whr even in benin.. Just 3 days back dey stopped me nd took me to their office..... To cut long story short i paid 55k
Re: Nigeria Police! Stop Harassing The Citizens You Are To Protect In Warri by Nobody: 2:07am On Apr 13, 2017
No be today NPF dey harrass boys on the street, but e b lyke say this recession doubled their hustle. We all know that no be all police officers bad but majority of them wicked especially those who go out to look for boys.

They have several methods depending on the states and cities, In some cities they've reached their peak period of operations that the community residents would need to raise alarm before they lay low. Example na Ibadan, Ife , osogbo and co. Ilorin harassment just stopped recently when boys no fit go do wedding for ilorin without falling prey to SARS.

I remember the days when lagos police just dey understand how yahoo boys dey cashout (westy nd moneygram). Police go dey use bike pursue boys up and down for ikeja like say dia life depends on it, in no time e become normal thing for Lagos is till now. If you travel in and out of lagos a lot you go don see or hear about berger policemen, if dem hold guy man he go drop something for sure. Amounts ranging from 50k - 500K sometimes more. Thank God there is now pedestrian brigde at berger so no more traffic. If you mistakenly go state side like ikorodu , alagbole , badagry and co uhmm make sure you're very clean otherwise dem go hold you o.

If 2 say na EFCC i download all these infor for, maybe dem go share me some percentage.

This happened on my way to IB this year :

NPF : Park well, no stand for express trailer fit chop your car for back. So park well
ME : Okay. Parked well and pushed button to open window.
NPF : Come and open your boot.
He dey pose , for him mind he don catch young criminal
ME : I opened the trunk and it was extra clean, only thing visible na my subwoofer.
NPF : Make i see your papers
ME : Presented my spiral binded vehicle documents, the thing b like group project grin
NPF : He carefully checked and requested for DL
ME : Gave him that from my wallet.
original by FRSC.
NPF : Who's the owner of the car?
ME : Na my car oga
NPF : where you dey work?
ME : Lagos
All these wey him dey do na inside sun o
NPF: wetin you dey do for lagos?
ME : Cabu cabu
NPF: you dey use this big car for cab
ME : Yes oga, that's why i bought it.
NPF: oya find me something
ME : After you don put me inside this sun, i no get anything o
NPF : carry you wahala dey go.
Looking very disappointed, naso i on AC back continue my trip.

When berger police see young niggga driving by

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Wanted By The FBI / Evans The Kidnapper: 9 TIPS To Avoid Being Kidnapped, Nigerians Have Learned / See How They Tied This Thief In America (video )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.