Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,312 members, 7,815,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta (109133 Views)

Nigerian Army Dismisses Soldier Who Raped A Girl In Front Of Her Parents In Yobe / Soldier Who Brutalised Her Niece Replies: 'She Is Not A Virgin At Her Age' / Abuja Female Corpers Disgrace Soldier Who Views Their Nude Bodies In NYSC Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 06, 2020
Identity Of Army Personnel Who Killed Man In Delta Unveiled, Released From Police Custody

The identity of the army personnel, who killed a young man named Joseph Pessu in Delta State while enforcing a stay-at-home order by the state government, has been unveiled, SaharaReporters can report.

Pessu was shot dead by the army personnel around 10:30am on Thursday at Ada Val Arenyenka Street, Ugbuwangue, Warri, Delta State, while trying to purchase medicine for his pregnant wife.

His killing sparked a protest in the community with his enraged friends and kinsmen blocking major roads to express their anger.

Speaking in confidence with SaharaReporters, a senior police officer in the state gave the name of the killer army personnel as Sergeant Ilekura Samson Ajayi of the Nigerian Army 4 Brigade Benin, Edo State, with force number 02NA/52/3134.

According to him, police preliminary investigation showed that Ajayi is attached to Operation Delta Save, 3 Battalion, Nigerian Army, Effurun Barracks, Warri.

Operation Delta Save was launched by the Nigerian military to protect oil installations as well as prevent oil bunkering activities in the Niger Delta region.

“Ajayi was deployed to a company called 'B Coy' where they are providing security before the ugly incident occurred at the checkpoint where he and others were deployed to on that fateful day.

“I can conveniently tell you that Ajayi is no longer in our facility at the area command, Warri.

“He has since been released from detention and if in doubt challenge the police authority to show him to the press. He has been released to the unit of the Operation Delta Save which he is attached to.

“But his release from our detention to the unit of the Operation Delta Save does not make him a free man or left off the hook of the murder because he will be made to face a disciplinary action. He will be court martialled by the army authority,” the source said.

Investigation by our correspondent however, revealed that Ajayi hails from Imeri in Ondo State.

When contacted to know if the suspect had actually been released from police detention in Warri, the Delta State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Onome Onovwakpoyeya, said she had no idea about that.

She said, “Well, for now I don't have any more information than his detention. I don't know about his being released.”

http://saharareporters.com/2020/04/06/identity-army-personnel-who-killed-man-delta-unveiled-released-police-custody?fbclid=IwAR2VIQ8zqxgsFAmln5jmml5y0paeDn_YXsH5asQ5PY4vbT1OEDaruGxd1k0

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta by iammo(m): 10:28am On Apr 06, 2020
Pussy move

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta by Macphenson: 10:28am On Apr 06, 2020
Inside life
Re: Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta by Mrdecent(m): 10:30am On Apr 06, 2020
He will soon
Re: Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta by Shelumiel: 10:31am On Apr 06, 2020
As usual, this will be swept under the carpet.

174 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta by pyyxxaro: 10:33am On Apr 06, 2020
Sahara Reporters

99 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta by Zico5(m): 10:35am On Apr 06, 2020
I am a Yoruba man and we take life serious. Let him account and pay for his sin.

511 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta by Mrquadreal(m): 10:35am On Apr 06, 2020
Just look at his face

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta by adebobconed(m): 10:35am On Apr 06, 2020
Very good
Re: Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta by Imperare(f): 10:36am On Apr 06, 2020
tongue
Re: Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta by KingGBsky(m): 10:36am On Apr 06, 2020
Just handover him to the Warri people and leave the rest. They know what to do.

228 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta by EmmanuelBanks: 10:36am On Apr 06, 2020
Zico5:
Ok

that guy should be defenestrated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta by cana882(m): 10:36am On Apr 06, 2020
Why? Was expecting him to look like this:

174 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta by tempem: 10:37am On Apr 06, 2020
Why would any soldier shoots a person who wants to purchase medicine? sad sad To me, I feel a heated argument would have ensued. But hey, I'm not supporting the inhumane act of the military personnel.

I just feel that in Nigeria, it's safe not argue with any of these folks carrying Guns... Personally, I don't argue with anyone holding a gun, even if I am on my right.

Once he shoots and kills you, that's all! You are gone. People can only sympathize and maybe, maybe, compensate your family.
In most cases, the culprit might even be freed! So why waste my life?

Sp: Since there isn't law in Nigeria, it's best to be cool headed and just have your way. Yoruba folks will say: "Pe were ni boda, ko je ka rona lo." sad

https://tomvad.com/10-tips-on-how-to-be-an-organized-person/

123 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta by Martinola(m): 10:37am On Apr 06, 2020
Oju apaniyan re.

2 Likes

Re: Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta by Dpharisee: 10:37am On Apr 06, 2020
Na from that side with the crying Generals, recently one of their Generals was crying about ammunition and almost shitting on his pants against the same Boko Haram that Chadian soldiers are decimating with less superior arms. He was redeployed for public display of cowardice and his people have been making noise.

They will remove their clothes and go naked when they want to pretend that they are strong and ready to fight. They will be jumping up and down and vibrating and shouting Ah, ah, ah EMI, Emini ah ah, knowing fully well that no reasonable person would want to fight a man with a dangling manhood in public. Those people can fear fear.

Na for civilians body dem dey display power with gun, collect that gun from him and that Warri guy he shot would have beaten Shege comot for him body

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta by Lagosfinder(m): 10:38am On Apr 06, 2020
Unprofessional conduct of him

1 Like

Re: Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta by mariovito(m): 10:38am On Apr 06, 2020
I keep saying it, our problem in the south is us southerners. A northern soldier will hardly do this in the north

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta by Niggmatic: 10:38am On Apr 06, 2020
Very bad.

The problem is not the soldiers that kill innocent people but people that hails them when they kill IPOB members, shite protesters etc.

Those foolish Nigerians will one day be killed by the same idiots that they are hailing.

112 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta by allen113: 10:38am On Apr 06, 2020
cry
Re: Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta by FREEMADNESS: 10:38am On Apr 06, 2020
a muscular soldier like him is supposed to b deployed to d north where bokoharam is disturbing d peace of d country.

flexing muscle on a harmless civilian.

this is Nigeria........... he might work free if he have d right connection

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta by Vyolet(f): 10:38am On Apr 06, 2020
Good looking guy with animalistic attitude, I hope justice is served to you duly.

12 Likes

Re: Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta by spinna: 10:38am On Apr 06, 2020
He must die too

6 Likes

Re: Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta by kingsvictor2: 10:38am On Apr 06, 2020
his mates in Chad are killing book haram, he's in delta shooting unarmed citizens. Shame on Nigerian army led by a terrorist

33 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Abiodun Egunjobi, 'Godogodo', Armed Robber's Fall (Photos) / UNIZIK Graduate Dies After She Was Poisoned By A Guy She Turned Down / Photos Of The 3 UNIPORT Students Killed By Kidnappers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.