Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,039 members, 7,828,645 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Young People Need Skills To Grow...miriam Nnorom Exclaims - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Young People Need Skills To Grow...miriam Nnorom Exclaims (585 Views)

FFK Reacts To Onwuzuligbo Nneka Miriam Who Died Due To Buttocks Enlargement / Nneka Miriam Onwuzuligbo Dies During Buttocks Enlargement Surgery By Dr. Anu / Miriam Shehu: Banky W And Adesua Etomi React To Being Paid To Promote Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Young People Need Skills To Grow...miriam Nnorom Exclaims by IamDaniella: 9:15pm On Apr 12, 2017
Ethelbert Obinna Umeh, one of our seasoned investigative journalists had an exclusive chat with Miriam Nnorom; she is a professional makeup artist, and really beautiful with brains.

She is passionate about helping young people, and equipping them with useful skills that will help them to be useful in life. She lives in the city of Owerri, Imo State.

Below are excerpts:

Who is Miriam Nnorom?
(Smiles). I am a professional Makeup artist. I have been working with Imo State Government on Carnival makeup since 2015.

I make up for other private and corporate organizations, events, weddings, and various occasions.
Just give me a call, and I will be there to deliver your makeup services with professional finesse. My clients are so happy with my services, and that is why they keep coming back and also offering quality referrals to me.

Wow! Are you a student?
No, I am a graduate; I studied at Imo State University, Owerri. I read Environmental Biology.

Are you in a relationship?
(Laughs) Not really.

Outside makeup work, what else are you passionate about?
I am passionate about so many wonderful things. In fact, anything that can provide people with quality skills. I am the senate President NUISS (National Union of Imo State Students 4th Republic). Between February to March, 2017, I organized a 2 months empowerment programme for Imo State students.
At the end of the programme, they were empowered. It was a skills acquisition programme, where hundreds of youths learnt tailoring, make-up, wielding, and hair dressing. Special thanks to Hon Ugwumba Uche Nwosu (Chief of Staff, Imo State Government) who sponsored the programme.

Why did you organize this programme?
I organized it so that IT students can learn skills that will help them in life. This is for them to add up to the trainings they have learnt in school or elsewhere. I believe that the training is helping them to be relevant and escape unemployment.

Entrepreneurship is a great solution to massive youth unemployment. During the training, I was able to discover that many of our youths prefer skills acquisition than white collar jobs.
How did you win and pass through the murky waters of student politics?
It’s just the Grace of God my brother.

What do your friends call you?
(Laughs) they call me ‘Mimi’

How old are you?
I am 22 years old

What are your advice for the youths?
Flee from corruption, kidnapping, cultism, prostitution, and other social ills in order to build their careers, and become true leaders of tomorrow.

Note: For make-up jobs, she can be reached via 08160427785.

Source:http://www.linjust.com/young-people-need-skills-grow-miriam-nnorom-exclaims.html

(1) (Reply)

Back To The Hustle! Davido Jets Out Of Altanta,shares His Itinerary / Twinning! Mercy Aigbe And Daughter Wow In Monochrome Outfit / Re: Ekiti State Abort Moji Olaiya's Burial In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.