Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

The Quest To Travel :An Advice To Intending Travellers(A True Life Story) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Quest To Travel :An Advice To Intending Travellers(A True Life Story) (1040 Views)

Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) / Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Quest To Travel :An Advice To Intending Travellers(A True Life Story) by pendragon35(m): 12:07am On Apr 13, 2017
There might have been different articles addressing this particular issue but this one tends to bring the gospel truth to the ears of those willing to adhere to the simple instructions.
Ever since the economic mishap kicked off in Nigeria, we youths have taken traveling outside the country the only survival route; But to whom it may concern ,it’s not always greener on the other side.
I am writing this piece not just to attract attention but rather in verge to advice my fellow youths based on what a dear friend and brother sent to me as a warning via Whatsapp voice note. The guy in question is the first issue of his parents and a such has many responsibilities to take.
On 2015, after much perturbation his father spent not less than #1.2M to see him travel to Italy, it was there his dilemma started. He started living, with the little balance left for him.Before you could know what is happening he just ran out of cash,it was here the story of gods started playing its drum.Ebuka(not real name) began begging along the streets of Italy,according to him 80% of Nigerians there are street beggars aside some girls that resort to prostitution.
For over six months my friend was in to exclusive begging under hot sun with little or no food after spending voraciously to get a visa only see himself in such a nasty situation.But the most awful aspect of this was that the visa done for him was as a player,which according to him was promised by the dubious and criminally minded agents that a club in Italy and Germany are waiting to have them in their clubs but all was in a guise to make their goddamned cash.The guy I know very well from secondary school was a good player but there in Europe,the story was nothing to write home about.
Fast forward to six months he made some little change that managed to get him down to Germany through train.From 2016 he has been in Germany playing in a local league,yet no good pay. He just feed from hand-to-mouth.Then come 2017 he transferred to a new club..............(more loading).
Re: The Quest To Travel :An Advice To Intending Travellers(A True Life Story) by Obinnau(m): 5:55am On Apr 13, 2017
how will you make travel arrangements without a solid foundation of what is going to earn you income? It can be likened to someone living in Enugu and wants to relocate to Lagos without knowing anyone or having the necessary cash to settle down. Please of you must travel abroad, have sufficient funds to rent a place for you and see you up to 6 months in order to adapt and learn about your new environment.

1 Like

Re: The Quest To Travel :An Advice To Intending Travellers(A True Life Story) by Trapnews: 6:09am On Apr 13, 2017
undecided
Re: The Quest To Travel :An Advice To Intending Travellers(A True Life Story) by pendragon35(m): 12:11pm On Apr 13, 2017
Then come 2017 he transferred to a new club in search for a better living but the same music keep on playing here and there.
The most pathetic aspect of this scenario that urged me to pen down this long epistle was just last week ,why we were having our normal chat I showed him a message from someone telling us about scholarship education in Berlin,Germany.He laughed uncontrollably and warned me never to risk my life with such scam.According to him to feed 1/3 now in Munich is an uphill task for him.During this chat I was like asking how come all this freshness on facebook that attracts thousands of likes and comments,he simply put “bro all that glitters are not gold” forget about pictures.Honestly I was shocked to the brim,for some minutes I was drowning in the sea of silence because I know how girls crush over his uploads on social media.
According to him,all Nigerians without documents has been prohibited from working in any place why some have been deported.
Europe is no longer what it used to be.We Nigerians have been labelled a very bad image not just because of our government but from the attitudes we have exhibited in all parts of the world.Oyinbo now see us as terrorist ,every street you pass they keep on staring at you as an escapee.Their girls are only interested in having sex with them of which afterwards finds their way.He also expressed that a white man can never help you in so far your identity shows as a Nigerian;If it means deporting all blacks(Nigerians) to their respective countries they are in.Their racist discrimination is unbearable.
Furthermore, he opined that they no longer sleep with both eyes closed due to persistent attack by police for deportation.
The more he speaks the greater the pains in him as well no going back. “No one to direct on the do’s and dont’s of this country,we are just on our own and doing whatever we seems that is right for us only to live a hap-hazard life here” he said. No place like home bro, he repeatedly said,our movement here is highly calculated,you can’t walk about any how in Munich.
Imagine buying a jeans for 40 euro,which is around #20,000 to naira equivalent;how much more their rents and feeding. And some ignorant relatives keep on hassling them to to send money as if they pick it along the streets..
Re: The Quest To Travel :An Advice To Intending Travellers(A True Life Story) by pendragon35(m): 12:13pm On Apr 13, 2017
Herein,this write-up never aimed at discouraging intending travellers but rather an eye-opener to them.Therefore some sailent points might be put into consideration before one can embark in a sojourn to a foreign land.
1.Before one will travel, lets make solid inquiries from people residing there who came across such situations to know an easy approach to the task ahead.
2.Researches showed that it is always better to have a sponsor who can carry you along for the mean time before you settle in properly.
3.Never mind gullible agents whose duty is just to dope desperate travellers with the notion of their is a job waiting for you after which the story becomes reversed.
4.Travelling outside the country is not a quick rich get scheme ,dear brothers and sisters lets hustle legitimately to avoid bringing bad name for ourselves and the future generation.
5.In occasions whereby you have no place to live in,endeavour to have enough cash for hotel reservations.
6.Though, almost all are travel freaks vis-a-vis the economic meltdown in the state now,lets learn to scrutinise any travel proposal from any person for which ever reason.
7.Knowing the economic standard of an intending country is of utmost concern before landing in a country of the same level with yours.
8.Lastly,never fail to seek the face of God.Since his grace is sufficient,one month of constant prayers without ceasing is always suggested by travel gurus so as our journey to a foreign land may be of success to us, our family and its environs.AMEN.
Add yours brothers,I drop at this junction.................

2 Likes

Re: The Quest To Travel :An Advice To Intending Travellers(A True Life Story) by larrygal(f): 5:12pm On Apr 13, 2017
Wat if the Scholarship covers all living expenses
Re: The Quest To Travel :An Advice To Intending Travellers(A True Life Story) by doubletroublmum(f): 5:26pm On Apr 13, 2017
Your story is so true!!! Refugees / aduro don't get working permit unless there case has been approved. No hustle without papers.... At least its difficult. No work without speaking proper German in most areas.

And now German government is making fast decision on asylum cases, so they can deport refugees quickly back home. Additional German government signed contract with Nigerian government about refugees. They can now easily send people back even without documents and therefore they pay money to Nigeria...

Best way to enter Europe now is by student visa or if you are highly qualified eg in technical jobs.

Everything here has been difficult especially since many refugees came in 2016...
Re: The Quest To Travel :An Advice To Intending Travellers(A True Life Story) by pendragon35(m): 11:48pm On Apr 21, 2017
doubletroublmum:
Your story is so true!!! Refugees / aduro don't get working permit unless there case has been approved. No hustle without papers.... At least its difficult. No work without speaking proper German in most areas.

And now German government is making fast decision on asylum cases, so they can deport refugees quickly back home. Additional German government signed contract with Nigerian government about refugees. They can now easily send people back even without documents and therefore they pay money to Nigeria...

Best way to enter Europe now is by student visa or if you are highly qualified eg in technical jobs.

Everything here has been difficult especially since many refugees came in 2016...

Tnx you know dearie,bt i Gif helps him.

(1) (Reply)

Help Please Immigration Officer Want To Collect Extra 10k From Me / . / France Tourist Visa Denied

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.