Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,994 members, 7,814,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) (51451 Views)

A Nigerian Student Who Fled Ukraine To Germany Dies In A Swimming Accident (pic) / Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. / British Airways Flight To Germany Mistakenly Lands In Scotland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 26, 2020
During our ND days at kwara poly, I have this friend who faith brought us together.

This guy Sabi play ball no be small. He is mikel obi and ighalo combined. He is ambitious and always want to play for any club ready to sign him. So when we got to hnd1, my guy just disappeared fiam with no traces but he hinted sometimes that he wanted to travel by road to Italy but I just dismissed it thinking it was one of his pranks then.

About 3 weeks later, he brought up the issue again this time a lil bit serious and I too jokingly said I will go o if it was true but I thought within me he was joking and then one day, padi mi stopped coming to school. I went to his place and was told he went to Abuja to get shortlisted for a football club and all this while, his number wasn't going through.

After a year, my guy resurfaced on Facebook and this was his story.

Him and ojo met someone who promised to take them to Italy by road,he asked them to arrange 200k each and they were able to raise that money. (this would have been my first disqualification cos I no get shishi then) then they moved..

Through deserts, sneaking around bushy road and he said a lot of people people died on the road, some where dropped in the desert, some were raped along the road both male and female alike as some couldn't even make it pass the bushy road and then they got to Libya.

He wasn't detailed enough in his story but he said their 200k only took them to Libya. Cos they feed on the road, paid for transport and other things. He said "wo my guy, it was a deadly journey going to Libya, I don't think the things I saw and witness will ever leave my memory till I die. When they want to sleep with either men or women among them, it is done openly, only those who have money were spared, and when they wait to either defecate or ease themselves and they blow whistle and you are not in the bus, o. Y. O is ur case.

When they got to Libya, another problem, if you are not able to raise another money to get into Italy, then your journey ends there. He mentioned that what they were told is, 200k will get you to Italy and even a very good job. But the angels they traveled with turned to the scariest devils when they get to Libya. If you don't have money to further, you become a liability, you are either been sold or they harvest your organs for sale. Harvesting of organ is not done while you are dead, they drug you and harvest your organs right in your eyes, they remove the heart last.
He said seeing thing playing out like horror movie, he called his people and told them everything, apparently, his parent does not even know the risk he was taking, he only told them the first money was to bribe a football manager so they could sign him.

With no option, they sent him another money and they continue their journey to Italy. He said on the sea, if you show any symptoms of sea sickness, you Don follow sea go be that.

It was daring, scary and he said he started wishing he didn't meet the person that introduced him to this dangerous journey. Ojo was a rugged guy, he said that one no even shake, he was prepared right from onset, he had with him 500k so he had no problem dropping money. I met him with my guy about 7times before they traveled, he was a footballer also.
He said on the sea, no one was being raped again and these devils became friendly again, but another set of people have joined them but they were armed with guns and there was social distancing incase anybody try to do anyhow among them.

He told me they starved for days and were only fed sometimes once a day to ration the food they have. He said he was a terrible journey he never wish for his enemies.
One way or another, they Sha got to Italy.
They were arrested.

He said the people that took them there only left them at a place where they have 80% chance of not drowning, so if your swimming skill is 0, you are gone. Cos they don't want to be caught so those people went back.
They help some and patrol helped others but still got drowned.

He said they were put in some isolated place and later Transfered to their refuge camp.
When he showed me pictures, I was heart broken.

He was so lean, malnourished and starved. I ask am, shey dem tear your yansh? He said though they wanted to on several occasions but ojo dey always sort them before his people were able to send him money.

He said he and ojo was able to liase with someone in the camp and they sort him, it was this person that paved way to germany for them, and linked them to a friend there where they started their lives.

It's been almost five years now, these guys are big boys now, my guy with him Igbo sense have almost finished building his house in Nigeria here, maybe he has even finished cos I lost contact with him when I misplaced my phone last year. He married an ijebu lady over there in Germany and they both have a baby girl. I was like, why you no marry German, he said, make dem carry my pickin leave me abi? Dem fit disown you anytime o and na dem go get the pickin.

The last time we spoke, he said he plays with one German football club like that and he also work.
He is not on social media but he was the one that introduced me to nairaland in 2011. I don't know if he still visit here Sha but padi if you are swing this, your 6 dey miss you o.
I asked of his no from his brother on Facebook, that one was doing like someone that has meningitis.

When he finished telling his story, even though I couldn't type all he told me cos have forgotten some, it sends chill all through my body and I asked myself,

1--lers assume I was even able to raise the initial 200k, where will I get money to bail myself in Libya?
And me wey carry yansh like ini edo, na pampers I for dey wear now even if I survive reach the Germany.

2--can I go through all that and not go insane? I am an emotional person, witnessing people being butchered might just drive me crazy.

It ended well for chidi(not real name) but what of those killed, deserted in the bush and those harvested?

Though when I see that they made it to germany, I get jealous that why I no take them serious but when I remember their story, I thank say I no even try am.

My guy, if you dey nairaland and you see this, abeg send me pm make we reconnect o, aboy dey fumble, he no gree give me your number.

Below is the pics we took together and others are his pics in Germany.
Cc Justwise
Dawnomike
J111333

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by cassidy1996(m): 4:20pm On Apr 26, 2020
life is just a continuous struggle....

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by seankafor(m): 4:23pm On Apr 26, 2020
Mehn life itself na risk

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Kemimarch16(f): 4:26pm On Apr 26, 2020
So scary but later ends in praise,am happy for the guy anyways.

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by iaamxavier(m): 4:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
God forbid me go through all this process

I'd rather die in this country than go through this horror
I don't even wish my worst enemy to go through this
Haven't you heard of modern day slavery in Libya
Tueh! A fellow Human will now traffik me
Maka gini? Green pastures

I'd rather hustle legitimately in Nigeria then travel through the normal route

I won't be suprised that after many people must have heard or read stories about it they'll still go through all this process

211 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by dawnomike(m): 5:57pm On Apr 26, 2020
I'm enjoying your experience all the way... I believe one day, you will look back and be grateful for all you've been through.

19 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by SleekyP(m): 9:37pm On Apr 26, 2020
smiley
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by imustmakeit(m): 2:23pm On Apr 28, 2020
It's better you read your books and get scholarship abroad than to pass through such horror

131 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Saintsquare(m): 2:52pm On Apr 28, 2020
imustmakeit:
It's better you read your books and get scholarship abroad than to pass through such horror
Many Nigerians are traveling through this route but information is the key, some passionately dislike the stress involved.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by uthlaw: 4:30pm On Apr 28, 2020
No b small thing,with 1.5m I suppose fit enter Germany....
Pls,nobody should advice me in the name of doing business in this shithole!

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by drucci: 2:25am On Apr 30, 2020
Narrow way to Hell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by pascalbenz: 6:12pm On May 02, 2020
Saintsquare:
Many Nigerians are traveling through this route but information is the key, some passionately dislike the stress involved.
bro till date ? I they normally hear say the road route d0n cast , i nor go lie you dat have always been my plan B in life

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Ishilove: 8:06pm On May 02, 2020
Forget the happy ending; this is a horror story. That is how people embark on this kind of journey and never return, leaving their family in pains and without closure.

Meanwhile, Op dash me small nyash na. My own is like ironing board

130 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by nuelyoyo(m): 11:22pm On May 03, 2020
When I want to leave this country, it must be through flight. I can't risk this yeye road trip people embark on, my Edo and Delta brothers na e plenty for this table pass.

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Antox(m): 9:05pm On May 04, 2020
smiley
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Walspring: 9:05pm On May 04, 2020
This journey is ain’t easy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by DriggityDre: 9:05pm On May 04, 2020
The safest way is the best way. OP's friend was lucky to survive. Not everyone did..

6 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Slawormir: 9:05pm On May 04, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

He don tey when we dey hear this kind story

And moreover Mikel and ighalo nor Sabi play ball

One na back pass master
The other na thief ( ruud van nistelrooy style)
Just wait for inside the box and tap it in

10 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Roon9(m): 9:06pm On May 04, 2020
This is so terrible
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by GeoandSONSLTD: 9:06pm On May 04, 2020
Grabs popcorn
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by YorubaNinja: 9:06pm On May 04, 2020
grin
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by bestman09(m): 9:07pm On May 04, 2020
grin
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by ACRI: 9:07pm On May 04, 2020
Are you serious?

Please don't try this,it's too dangerous. You won't appreciate Nigeria as a country UNTIL you loose your freedom.....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by DrBrainstorm(m): 9:07pm On May 04, 2020
I rather go through the scholarship route or keep soaking my garri in Nizooria and hoping Time and Chance favour me.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by xreal: 9:07pm On May 04, 2020
I will read later.

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Grace001: 9:08pm On May 04, 2020
Awon see Morocco see Spain gang

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by JosephXavier: 9:08pm On May 04, 2020
V
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by sexylassie2(f): 9:09pm On May 04, 2020
Illegals.

I still don't understand, you risk your life to go to Europe then getting to Europe, you still end up poor or destitute.

What sort of risks is this? I am confused.

10 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by PrinxArthur1(m): 9:09pm On May 04, 2020
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by kponkedenge(m): 9:09pm On May 04, 2020
I know of someone that went to Italy through this method.... He is still in Italy now....we communicate once in a while, he also left when we were at the university.
The truth is that this method no follow at all.... It is too risky.

27 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Moving Permanently To The US / Pakistani Men Who Were To Preach Islam To Nigerians Cause Stir On Lagos Flight / Why Do Your Friends Ignore You When They Finally Travel Out Of The Country?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.