Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,822 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

What I Encountered In First Bank Plc - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What I Encountered In First Bank Plc (507 Views)

First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) / Top 8 Challenges Encountered By Nigerian Entrepreneurs And Possible Solutions / Childhood Throwback Photo Of Herbert Wigwe, CEO Of Access Bank PLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Encountered In First Bank Plc by nwadiuko1(m): 8:22am On Apr 13, 2017
dear Nairalanders.....good morning y'all, early january i went to a first bank branch......ogborhill branch , in Abia state to apply for a new ATM card as my old one has expired.
on reaching the desk of the staff in charge of issuing the cards, i filled the necessary forms. i was given a "verve" card, debited to the tune of N1050 and directed to go for pin selection, on reaching the office of the guy in charge of the pin selection, after he must have tried to select the pin without success, he told me that the chip of the card was faulty and that i should return it to the person that gave it to me.

i went back to the office of the person that gave it to me, she said they will have to move the card to the company that produced it for rectification, i was asked to come back in two weeks time,
when i came back in two weeks time, the same process repeated again, i got angry and due to the fact that i needed a card for my business, the lady said i should apply for another card, i did, and this time i was given a mastercard that worked, i was debited to the tune of 1050 again, the lady said they would reverse the previous debit transaction on the faulty card the next day, but my brothers and sisters up till now they are yet to do that, so yesterday, i was chanced to be in Aba, so i visisted the bank and asked for the refund, or the card, ......the card was given to me with the same issue untreated, when i asked the lady why they havent worked on the card, some one within their staff said......i am big enough to forget the card, can you imagine such unprofessionalism?
has anyone experienced this kind of issue with any Nigerian bank?
Re: What I Encountered In First Bank Plc by Frankgenius213: 8:24am On Apr 13, 2017
guy how much is 1000
God way keep u and u day chop three square meals need to forget all that
Re: What I Encountered In First Bank Plc by nwadiuko1(m): 8:37am On Apr 13, 2017
Frankgenius213:
guy how much is 1000

i understand where you are going, but my brother, that is very unprofessional, i can forget it but what if it happens to another person, can a bicycle repairer who has like 10k in his account forget it?, lets call a spade a spade no matter what..........what is bad is bad
Re: What I Encountered In First Bank Plc by thesicilian: 8:51am On Apr 13, 2017
Frankgenius213:
guy how much is 1000

You missed the point. I is not the monetary value that matters, it is the fact that something was fraudulently & unprofessionally taken from you. If they had the intentions of returning the money at all, they would have appealed to her to exercise a little more patience.
And just so you know, most financial scams work on the premise that the victim would find the money deducted "too small to bother about", and by the time they collect N1,000 from a million people, that's N1bn already!
If I were the one , I would raise my voice in the banking hall and threaten to close my accounts with them until they revert the debit.

1 Like

Re: What I Encountered In First Bank Plc by chidekings(m): 8:56am On Apr 13, 2017
No matter how small. 1000 can give him a monthly Internet subscription. So they should keep to their word.

1 Like

Re: What I Encountered In First Bank Plc by MrBen10(m): 9:16am On Apr 13, 2017
In as much as the OP is big enough to forget the earlier debited amount, he is right in seeking for a refund cos he own the money and morally stable to know what happens to his money or how it happened.
Even if he would have to let go the money, he shouldn't have been told about ''being big enough to forget such an amount'' by a bank staff.
This is a total Disrespect, unprofessional utterance and abuse of customer's right by these staff and this can lead the bank to suffer litigation if dragged to the court of law over the unprofessional behaviour of its staffs over a wrongly debited sum.
Those of u asking the OP to forget the money, why not wire the 1050 to him so as not to sound as an hypocrite??
OP, go after ur 1050 cos that is too big to let go in this recession, and worst still, lossing it to a bank of billions.
These type of bank staffs are the type that will illegally debit #50 from about 1000 different bank account with the intent of illegally enriching themselves cos they beleived its too small to let go by the customers or the customers wnt notice.
Lalasticlala coman see SNAKES in the monkey's shadow ooooo
Mynd44 have you read the post so?
LadyF coman see plenty of Bitcoin here ooo, shey na bitcoin i go use take pay ur brideprice ni?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Any Kind Of Wire Fencing / Old and outdated / Anyone Staying In Abuja Here? I Need Your Suggestion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.