Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Things You Must Know About SEPTRIM - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Things You Must Know About SEPTRIM (1629 Views)

What You Must Know About Basic Health Care Provision Fund (bhcpf) / Gynaecomastia (male Boobs): 6 Facts Every Man Must Know About It!!! (photos) / 7 Facts About Your Breasts You Must Know! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things You Must Know About SEPTRIM by Crownadex(m): 9:26am On Apr 13, 2017
Some of us must have been received a news through WatsApp warning us to stop taking SEPTRIM since two months ago .
When I received this message I asked the person who sent it to me that ( We should stop taking SEPTRIM for what reason ? ) but unfortunately he said he didn't know about it .
Because of this news I realized that some people have been fearing to take septrim, and even warning their relatives to stop taking it .

SEPTRIM tablets are made up of two different medicines called Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim.
Those medicines are sometimes given the combined name Co-trimoxazole . Both belongs a group of medicines called Antibiotics . They are used to treat infections caused by bacteria like all Antibiotics , septrim only works against some types of bacteria . This means that it is only suitable for treating some types of infections.

SEPTRIM CAN BE USED TO TREAT

* Lung infection ( pneumonia or PCP )
* Infection caused by a bacterial called Toxoplasma ( Toxoplasmosis )
* Bladder or Urinary tract infections ( water infection)
* Ear infection such as otitis
* An infection called nocardiosis , it can affect the lungs , skin and brain

DO NOT TAKE SEPTRIM IF
* You are allergic ( hypertensive ) to sulfamethoxazole
* You have liver or kidney problems
* You have ever had a problem with your blood
* It is for your child and they are less than 6 weeks old or were premature . Unless it is for the treatment or prevention of PCP . In the case babies should be at least 4 weeks old

Do your best

Re: Things You Must Know About SEPTRIM by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 13, 2017
Okay

(1) (Reply)

Kenyan Man With World’s Biggest Pen!s Undergoes Surgery So He Can Have S£X / 8 Ways To Prevent Cancer / PEP!!! Anyone Place Under It Before Am Scared ASF!!! Share your experiences.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.