Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,876 members, 7,821,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Who Killed Mr. Boyo? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Killed Mr. Boyo? (1180 Views)

Who Killed Christmas? / Who Killed My Father?? / “who Killed Miss Tina Owolabi”? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Killed Mr. Boyo? by uzygirl(f): 2:07pm On Jan 24, 2007
Hi guys,
I've been reading some detective stuff recently and I got ideas. The story is set in the Head Offices of Mr. Boyo, an Engineering and General Services  Contractor.
Please see the attached for a sketch of the Office plan.

Who Killed Mr Boyo?

11, 12, 15, 21……, Sarah was losing count of the throbbing in her head. She opened her eyes and the ceiling stared back at her. “What on earth….,” she muttered as she tried to get up. She was supposed to be on her seat, she thought with alarm as she looked around, and in her office too. So what was she doing lying on the rug in Oga’s conference room.
She got up quickly, took a step, and promptly fell as her shoes caught something on the rug. She stood awkwardly, bent to straighten her skirt and saw blood on her hands. Her face twisted in horror, she wanted to scream, and then she saw her boss, Mr. Boyo lying at her feet, a gem studded knife with bloodied handle stuck at his back.
“AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!” Sarah yelled.
Mrs. Orus the office cleaner rushed into the room carrying a glass tray. “Madam you dey call me?” she asked.
Then she saw Oga Boyo and she screamed too. The glass tray fell from her grasp and shattered at her feet.
“What happened? “Sarah asked her, bewildered .
“I dropped the serving tray,” answered Mrs. Orus.
“No, before that,” said Sarah.
“You kill Oga Boyo,” she replied
“Eehee, is that what you think? See, I can’t even remember how I got here in the first place, not to talk of killing Mr. Boyo, I did not kill oga. Don’t you believe me?”
“Ah madam, wetin you tell me I go believe oh, me I no see anything.” Mrs. Orus bent down and peered closely at Oga Boyo, “Na this knife you take kill am?” She asked.
“I DID NOT KILL ANYBODY” shouted Sarah. She wanted to go and wash her hands before the others came. There was supposed to be a meeting here by 9am. She walked to the sink at the corner of the room, and turned the tap.
“Madam, wetin you dey do?” Mrs. Orus queried, you wan remove the evidence comot for your hand?
Sarah raised her eyes and looked at her image in the mirror, “Why will I kill my boss,” she wondered aloud. “Why would I.?” Then she saw that the buttons of her blouse was undone and her bra top was showing. She caught Mrs. Orus eyes in the mirror and they seemed to be looking at her accusingly saying, “oh now, you’ve got your motive.” Problem was, she couldn’t remember anything.
She quickly washed her hands and dried them with the napkin above the sink. Clutching her blouse with one hand she turned to Mrs. Orus.
“What is the time now?” Sarah asked.
Mrs. Orus glanced up at the clock on the wall above Sarah, “na quarter to nine, ma”. The cleaner started crying, “If oga wan something and u no wan agree, u for tell am na, why you kill am?” she continued.
Sarah wanted this woman to shut up, why did she keep insisting she killed Mr Boyo.
“Hey, hey calm down, lets’ think.” She moved close to Mrs Orus and caught a waft of lemons, the cleaner had used the office air freshener as perfume again. At another time Sarah would have admonished her, but now….
“Tell me what happened in the last thirty minutes, maybe that will jog my memory.” Sarah said.
“Thirty minutes….?” Mrs. Orus asked between sobs. “Me, thirty minutes never reach when I resume work this morning oh, then you tell me to go prepare tea. When I dey arrange the cups for Tea room, Oga Boyo come inside, come ask of you. I tell am say you dey office then him enter go meet you.”
“Yes, yes, I remember, Oga came in and we entered his office together, then he gave me some files to keep on the table in the conference room. Did anybody come after that, I can’t remember anymore.”
GBA, GBA, GBA. They both jumped at the sound of someone knocking at the front door.
“Madam, someone knocking the door” said Mrs. Orus.
“Yes I remember too, someone knocked,” said Sarah.
“No madam,” said the cleaner. “Someone dey knock for the front door now now.”
They both rushed to the outer office. Sarah pulled it open and Engineer Thomas stood at the doorway.
“Hello everyone, what’s up this morning.” he said breezily, he had cigarette smell on his breath, reminding Sarah of something she couldn't remember.
“Everything fine,” lied Mrs. Orus, she took one look at Sarah and continued, “but Sarah don kill Oga Boyo, the knife still dey him back, but she wash the blood comot for her hand.”
“I didn’t! I didn’t!” insisted Sarah.
Cluthing her bouse, she ran through the door of the tea room weeping. Right smack into the hands of Mr Ojo, the Chief Security Officer.
“Which time you enter here Officer,” Mrs. Orus demanded, “who open door for you.?
“I was the first to arrive this morning and I opened the door with my own set of keys, I didn’t sleep well after my journey yesterday, so I have been dozing in the waiting room ever since.” Officer Ojo explained. “Why all these questions,” he continued, “I am the person in charge of security in this company and I have a set of all the office keys which I use at will, don’t I have that right? I was only sleeping and I’m not on duty.”
“Well you are sure a sound sleeper,” said Engr. Thomas, eyeing Officer Ojo, he did not like the fact that Ojo always smelt of garlic. “You slept right through a murder. Our secretary just killed Mr Boyo.
“Then she wash the blood comot.” Added Mrs Orus quickly. She felt sure of what she was saying, after all she was there.
“Please don’t say that, I can’t remember what happened, but I know I’m innocent.” Sarah pleaded.
“Where is Mr Boyo’s body now,” asked Officer Ojo.
“E dey conference room,” answered Mrs. Orus.
“Have you called the police?” Asked Officer Ojo.
“Please, please, no police, please,” cried Sarah.
Three pair of eyes looked at her accusingly.
“I did not do it, I did not kill anybody. I can’t remember.” She begged
Officer Ojo stared at her disheveled appearance, “you will remember today,” he said, pulling her towards the conference room, the others followed closely. “Has Oga’s wife come?”
“She come the time when I wan go make tea,” answered Mrs. Orus, but she say as others never come, she wan go downstairs go buy something. But she no enter the office, she added hastily.”
“Mrs. Boyo would have soaked herself in alcohol by now,” said Engr Thomas with a smirk, as they entered the secretary’s office. “She is never sober. Sarah you better remember before she comes in, or else she will make trouble for you.”
Engr. Thomas liked Sarah a lot, he had even considered asking her out on several occasions, but now…., “how could such a respectable girl do such a thing” he thought, well he felt sorry for her. “Sarah don’t you remember anything, or seeing anyone at all?” he asked.
GBA, GBA, GBA. They all heard someone Knocking at the door.
“I remember that someone knocked while we were in the conference room.” said Sarah.
GBA, GBA, GBA.
Then Sarah remembered and Screamed,

What do you think?[b][/b]

Re: Who Killed Mr. Boyo? by Orikinla(m): 3:50pm On Jan 24, 2007
Uzygirl,
You are writing a crime thriller.
The first paragraph is gripping.

I read it and yearning for more.

Your characters are also well illustrated.
Re: Who Killed Mr. Boyo? by uzygirl(f): 8:14pm On Jan 26, 2007
@Orikinla,
If you yearned for more after reading this piece, then I'll say I tried.
I haven't still worked out the entire story, but I would like to include an official police investigation somewhere in the plot. Problem is that I don't know which side of the Nigerian Police I would like to potray; the good the or the bad. What do you think?
Re: Who Killed Mr. Boyo? by Orikinla(m): 12:02am On Jan 27, 2007
Uzygirl,
Just follow your master plan for this fiction.
Your lead character will even guide you.

Just portray the naked truth on the Nigerian police.
Say the truth based on the reality of your period, the locale and the rationale.
Re: Who Killed Mr. Boyo? by djmummy: 11:02am On Jan 27, 2007
now i didnt know u could write so well didnt know i had a genius for a sister i just couldnt take my eyes of your writing i i thought you would continue but u stopped any way i think you should protray the police as good and bad i.e some good some bad but the bad ones will be the ones supporting yhe good ones not a bright idea is it? anyway dnt listen to me just follow ur mind because i trust it wink

(1) (Reply)

Face To Face Encounter With Jesus Book / Uche's Delimma / Tekena: Serial Novel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.