Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Scorpion Stings - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Scorpion Stings (1226 Views)

Scorpion Killer Or Repeler / Anti Venom Remedy (snake, Scorpion Bites) / Mum Ignored Her Crying Daughter Who Had A Live Scorpion In Her Shoes. See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scorpion Stings by dreyklone07(m): 2:29am On Apr 14, 2017
What should I do if stung by a scorpion
Re: Scorpion Stings by Nobody: 2:34am On Apr 14, 2017
Drink warm water and relax
Re: Scorpion Stings by mykeljosef: 2:44am On Apr 14, 2017
folarinmiles:
Drink warm water and relax

is your brain touching??

op

firstly kill the scorpion if you can

it'll help identify which antivenom is suited best

then wash the sting site with soap and water, apply a cold compress for “10 minutes on, then 10 minutes off.” Importantly, avoid aspirin or ibuprofen (such as Advil or Motrin) because these can cause the venom to spread through the body more quickly. Acetaminophen (such as Tylenol) can be taken to help relieve the pain at the site of the sting. Sometimes even more powerful pain medications, like opiates, are required to help alleviate pain. Taking an oral antihistamine such as diphenhydramine (such as Benadryl) can help reduce some of the swelling and itching, as well. Immobilize the area so as to protect the wound and to help delay spreading the venom through the blood more quickly. Do not attempt suction, and do not cut into the wound; these are just great ways to ensure an infection!
In general, it is a good idea to go and get checked out at the nearest hospital or health clinic if stung by a scorpion – especially if the species of scorpion is unknown.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scorpion Stings by Nobody: 2:49am On Apr 14, 2017
mykeljosef:

is your brain touching??

op

then wash the sting site with soap and water, apply a cold compress for “10 minutes on, then 10 minutes off.” Importantly, avoid aspirin or ibuprofen (such as Advil or Motrin) because these can cause the venom to spread through the body more quickly. Acetaminophen (such as Tylenol) can be taken to help relieve the pain at the site of the sting. Sometimes even more powerful pain medications, like opiates, are required to help alleviate pain. Taking an oral antihistamine such as diphenhydramine (such as Benadryl) can help reduce some of the swelling and itching, as well. Immobilize the area so as to protect the wound and to help delay spreading the venom through the blood more quickly. Do not attempt suction, and do not cut into the wound; these are just great ways to ensure an infection!
In general, it is a good idea to go and get checked out at the nearest hospital or health clinic if stung by a scorpion – especially if the species of scorpion is unknown.
Guess you're a slowpoke
Can't you comment your own widout quoting.
Onurah

1 Like

Re: Scorpion Stings by mykeljosef: 4:27am On Apr 14, 2017
folarinmiles:
Guess you're a slowpoke Can't you comment your own widout quoting. Onurah

slowpoke??

smh
telling someone bit by a scorpion to relax asif nothing happened??

go back to preparing for jamb apparently your immaturity is at its prime

8 Likes

Re: Scorpion Stings by Nobody: 6:16am On Apr 14, 2017
Be alert for serious symptoms. ...
Find the sting location. ...
Wash the sting area with soap and water. ...
Keep the injury area still and below heart level. ...
Calm the victim. ...
Apply a cold pack or ice to the sting area. ...
Take nonprescription painkillers to reduce pain.

That is all you need to do...

2 Likes

Re: Scorpion Stings by timawoku(m): 6:19am On Apr 14, 2017
mykeljosef:

slowpoke??

smh

telling someone bit by a scorpion to relax asif nothing happened??

go back to preparing for jamb apparently your immaturity is at its prime
Many people here are really just kids and I don't think you should have granted him audience by quoting him

Thanks for the information...just moved to my own house and I discovered they are scorpions in the compound...I dey fear esp for the kids
I got some coy people to come spray them sha hopefully they will die and go grin

2 Likes

Re: Scorpion Stings by izzou(m): 10:30am On Apr 14, 2017
Just chew onions

Thank me later

cool
Re: Scorpion Stings by dreyklone07(m): 12:06am On Apr 16, 2017
Benz4pimp:
Be alert for serious symptoms. ...
Find the sting location. ...
Wash the sting area with soap and water. ...
Keep the injury area still and below heart level. ...
Calm the victim. ...
Apply a cold pack or ice to the sting area. ...
Take nonprescription painkillers to reduce pain.

That is all you need to do...
mykeljosef:

is your brain touching??

op

Thanks a lot

(1) (Reply)

“the Devil Used Our Daughter To Set Trap For My Wife” – Husband Of Woman Who Flo / Sexy Or Trash To This Pre Weeding Photo Shot as man place head on fiancee butt / Something I Noticed About Nigerians. They Turn You To Atm If You Give Them Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.