Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,297 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Creamy Oil in radiator problem [SOLVED] Honda Accord 2004 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Creamy Oil in radiator problem [SOLVED] Honda Accord 2004 (5102 Views)

Water Disappearing In Radiator Of Camry 2007 With Oil Found In Radiator / Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! / Don't Top-up Your Radiator With Water. Use Engine Coolant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Creamy Oil in radiator problem [SOLVED] Honda Accord 2004 by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:31am On Apr 21, 2017
Kjnw.ancaro:

Here, but I did not take a picture when it first happened so this is like a residue. This thing was thicker. I thought the amount I found in the reservoir was huge but when the rad was flushed I was shocked. Engine and gear oil intact.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5159252_img0136_jpeg478b7ffc9e828dc4475add894c736bda

Head gasket blown
Re: Creamy Oil in radiator problem [SOLVED] Honda Accord 2004 by Kjnwancaro: 12:01am On Apr 22, 2017
UPDATE:

Not sure what this test is called but the mecho tried to test every spark plug in the cylinders and noticed one of them wasn't responding which would mean that the intake valve isn't properly sitting or something could be wrong with it. Dude had to break the engine apart again and removed the cylinder. Lo and behold the valve was badly burned from the overheating which caused it to malfunction.

Problem solved, check engine light not flashing and vibration has greatly reduced but I'm still yet to feel the smoothness of my car. My guess is the piston did not return to its factory state, does it mean I will never feel the original smoothness ever anymore?

SUMMARY

A faulty radiator cap caused me time, lots of cash and a week of being immobile. Anyone ever been more unfortunate?
Re: Creamy Oil in radiator problem [SOLVED] Honda Accord 2004 by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:16am On Apr 22, 2017
Kjnwancaro:
UPDATE:

Not sure what this test is called but the mecho tried to test every spark plug in the cylinders and noticed one of them wasn't responding which would mean that the intake valve isn't properly sitting or something could be wrong with it. Dude had to break the engine apart again and removed the cylinder. Lo and behold the valve was badly burned from the overheating which caused it to malfunction.

Problem solved, check engine light not flashing and vibration has greatly reduced but I'm still yet to feel the smoothness of my car. My guess is the piston did not return to its factory state, does it mean I will never feel the original smoothness ever anymore?

SUMMARY

A faulty radiator cap caused me time, lots of cash and a week of being immobile. Anyone ever been more unfortunate?

Mechanic did not follow proper procedure for sever overheating. He was supposed to grind valves, and resurface bank1 and 2 cylinders.

Any one be more unfortunate? Yes I have lost an engine more than once to overheating.
Re: Creamy Oil in radiator problem [SOLVED] Honda Accord 2004 by Kjnwancaro: 10:58am On Apr 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Mechanic did not follow proper procedure for sever overheating. He was supposed to grind valves, and resurface bank1 and 2 cylinders.

Any one be more unfortunate? Yes I have lost an engine more than once to overheating.

Yes he resurfaced the banks and has grinded the valve but I still can't feel the smoothness. Can the valve be completely changed?
Re: Creamy Oil in radiator problem [SOLVED] Honda Accord 2004 by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:46pm On Apr 22, 2017
Kjnwancaro:

Yes he resurfaced the banks and has grinded the valve but I still can't feel the smoothness. Can the valve be completely changed?

Sorry just inquisitive, how did he do the cylinder resurface?

How many Valves did he grind?
Re: Creamy Oil in radiator problem [SOLVED] Honda Accord 2004 by Kjnwancaro: 5:37pm On Apr 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Sorry just inquisitive, how did he do the cylinder resurface?

How many Valves did he grind?

Well he had to take it somewhere where he claims it was done in a machine. Grinded one intake valve( the one that wasn't very responsive
Re: Creamy Oil in radiator problem [SOLVED] Honda Accord 2004 by Kjnwancaro: 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2017
I'm still noticing rough idling and loss of power. What can be done?
Re: Creamy Oil in radiator problem [SOLVED] Honda Accord 2004 by Kjnwancaro: 12:22pm On Apr 23, 2017
Gazzuzz please reply to me. What can be done, there's still loss of power sometimes start the engine like 6 times before it finally stays on and rough idling with little vibrations.
Re: Creamy Oil in radiator problem [SOLVED] Honda Accord 2004 by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:26pm On Apr 23, 2017
Kjnwancaro:
Gazzuzz please reply to me. What can be done, there's still loss of power sometimes start the engine like 6 times before it finally stays on and rough idling with little vibrations.

Cylinder Compression might be low, timing might be off. I am certain that the equipment to check compression is not available to your mechanic, but I am sure you can get it done in a standard workshop. The timing marks can be cross checked easily when the plastic covering is opened.

1 Like

Re: Creamy Oil in radiator problem [SOLVED] Honda Accord 2004 by ironheart(m): 2:05pm On Apr 23, 2017
Check transmission oil for that mix you showed in the picture

1 Like

Re: Creamy Oil in radiator problem [SOLVED] Honda Accord 2004 by Kjnwancaro: 6:03pm On Apr 23, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Cylinder Compression might be low, timing might be off. I am certain that the equipment to check compression is not available to your mechanic, but I am sure you can get it done in a standard workshop. The timing marks can be cross checked easily when the plastic covering is opened.

I'm the instance where it is a low compression what can be done? He made mention of timing and corrected it.
Re: Creamy Oil in radiator problem [SOLVED] Honda Accord 2004 by Kjnwancaro: 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2017
ironheart:
Check transmission oil for that mix you showed in the picture

ATF is intact sir.
Re: Creamy Oil in radiator problem [SOLVED] Honda Accord 2004 by Kjnwancaro: 12:57am On May 06, 2017
****** UPDATE ******

Updating this thread so others can learn.

Car is now running fine and even stronger than it was. There was low compression in the engine as suggested by honmusa. Well, the mecho was able able to diagonose the faulty valve and had it replaced entirely. No more vibrating or any form of malfunction.

Now to the oil in radiator Issue, my gasket was fine and we just wanted time and money to replace them. After replacing gasket, oil continued to accumulate in the radiator then we noticed transmission oil did not gauge - ATF OIL was the culprit. Had it serviced with Honda genuine transmission oil, problem solved.

Thank you everyone.
Re: Creamy Oil in radiator problem [SOLVED] Honda Accord 2004 by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:32am On May 06, 2017
Kjnwancaro:
****** UPDATE ******

Car is now running fine and even stronger than it was. There was low compression in the engine as suggested by honmusa. Well, the mecho was able able to diagonose the faulty valve and had it replaced entirely. No more vibrating or any form of malfunction.

Now to the oil in radiator Issue, my gasket was fine and we just wanted time and money to replace them. After replacing gasket, oil continued to accumulate in the radiator then we noticed transmission oil did not gauge - ATF OIL was the culprit. Had it serviced with Honda genuine transmission oil, problem solved.

Thank you everyone.

makes no mechanical sense.

1 Like

Re: Creamy Oil in radiator problem [SOLVED] Honda Accord 2004 by Readonee35L(m): 8:56am On May 06, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

If ATF was the cause.
Drain and refill makes no sense and it's a waste of money.
Because the ATF will still go into the wrong place.
Re: Creamy Oil in radiator problem [SOLVED] Honda Accord 2004 by Kjnwancaro: 6:18pm On May 06, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Well obviously the problem was fixed and not just a drain and refill but I wasn't there. Transmission oil going into radiator was caused by the overheating.
Re: Creamy Oil in radiator problem [SOLVED] Honda Accord 2004 by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:18pm On May 06, 2017
Kjnwancaro:

Well obviously the problem was fixed and not just a drain and refill but I wasn't there. Transmission oil going into radiator was caused by the overheating.

coolant pressure would cause coolant to go into transmission oil. Did you find coolant in transmission oil?

Was your radiator replaced? If it was not, I am afraid your heat transfer lines have been bypassed.
Re: Creamy Oil in radiator problem [SOLVED] Honda Accord 2004 by CAPTAINBLACK01(m): 8:56am On Jan 31, 2018
Kjnwancaro:
****** UPDATE ******

Thank you everyone.
Does your car run better now? same issue same car mine started yesterday!!.. embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Option For Uber 406 Vs Honda EOD Vs Benz C Class / Upgrade To The New Trending 3d Car Logo Display For Your Car Door / Updated .....Hyundia Elantra 07, (2.0 limited)Vs Honda Civic 07(1.8)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.