Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,734 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Shaming On Social Media Very Worrisome - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Shaming On Social Media Very Worrisome (553 Views)

S/African High School Student Proudly Flaunts Her Bare Chest On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shaming On Social Media Very Worrisome by hansome01(m): 10:26am On Apr 15, 2017
A lot of shaming going on, on social media platforms de weak me. "Body shaming", "Intellectual shaming" and I don't get it. She's too fat, she's too short, he's very skinny abi lanky, ugly thing, and the list continues. So, this is what Social Media 2017 is about abi? Okay. I will get back to that.

#Intellectual_Shaming. Some people will never like nor comment on your post but when you make grammatical error(s) that is when they'll carry their busy body gbaaam ontop your matter, pointing out to your error as if they get paid for it. It's not wrong to correct someone's error but don't make the person feel less of him/herself. What about hitting his/her inbox?
The truth remains that English language is our lingual franca and not our arterial tongue. You can't be more English than an English man. You shame someone for been bad at writing or speaking the Queen's language but you can't write nor speak in your local dialect, you see your life? You're the one who needs serious prayers because your unkus in the village use your brain to drink fresh enu nkwu every morning.

You can shame me for been bad @ spoken or written English but you can never change the "Thanks for coming" clearly written on my certificate. Neither can you posses my "Intellectual property". Since Facebook now pay people for all kinds of shaming.

The question remains, does your command of English language put food on your table? If it doesn't, Oh thou Prince Williams and Princess Diana can you keep kwayet.

Then again, everybody is not a writer. That someone can't conjure up something, make it apt and endearing doesn't mean he/she has low intellect. The art of writing itself is a gift as well as a skill. Don't use it as a yardstick to measure intelligence. This is the great shame of our education systems and societies. We need to grow up please.

I don't know for others but my mission on social media is simple. Make people laugh to the best of my ability and have fun as well. Make good friends. Teach, inspire and motivate people as far as my brain can carry me. Follow up people who are better than me, learn from them and improve as a person. Kpom kwem! Nothing more, nothing less.

Ndewo nu!
Facebook ID: Okebe Philips
philipsokebe@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Shaming On Social Media Very Worrisome by menxer: 10:58am On Apr 15, 2017
OP, Just as you rightly pointed out, writing an "endearing article" is an art of talent same as pointing out others' "errors;" The problem is taking social media criticisms too seriously.
Re: Shaming On Social Media Very Worrisome by hansome01(m): 11:41am On Apr 15, 2017
You're right but then bro, there's a difference between correction and shaming. Some deliberately want to nail you to the cross not like you guys had issues or something. Hope you got my point
menxer:
OP, Just as you rightly pointed out, writing an "endearing article" is an art of talent same as pointing out others' "errors;" The problem is taking social media criticisms too seriously.
Re: Shaming On Social Media Very Worrisome by menxer: 12:03pm On Apr 15, 2017
hansome01:
You're right but then bro, there's a difference between correction and shaming. Some deliberately want to nail you to the cross not like you guys had issues or something. Hope you got my point
Hahahahahahahahaha

If you got nailed to the cross I believe it's for your glory, it's Easter, right?
grin
Re: Shaming On Social Media Very Worrisome by hansome01(m): 12:28pm On Apr 15, 2017
grin grin grin
menxer:

Hahahahahahahahaha

If you got nailed to the cross I believe it's for your glory, it's Easter, right?
grin

(1) (Reply)

Tedx Conference Owerri : Tedxaladinma / Diamond Bank Debiting Me For Stamp Duties! / Nurse Sandra Read Responsibly 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.