Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,131 members, 7,856,518 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 09:29 PM

Should I Change Course In The University!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Change Course In The University!! (809 Views)

Ebhomielen Ofure Mary Had 7.0 CGPA At The University Of Ibadan / Please Help!!! Should I Change Course OR Forget About School Completely / can I still change course after writing p.utme UNIZIK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Change Course In The University!! by baron68: 11:13am On Apr 15, 2017
Hello, I was admitted into a federal university to study mechanical engineering immediately I finished from secondary school, though my dream was to study architecture but my dad was afraid, so he convinced me that job opportunities aren't that much for architects and I was also kid of naive at that time so he said engineers could establish their own firm or company so I decided to choose Mech. eng. but this architecture has been my passion this is what av been good at since my secondary school days from technical drawing, from building to machine drawing but I liked the building part better even till the university the machine drawings we did I had 'A's in all. BT am in my 4th year presently and I am thinking of taking jamb form again due to two reasons, am kind of finding the mathematics aspect of the course hard and i even failed some this is dropping my cgpa badly, and secondly I feel happy anytime I c architectural designs coz it's something that comes natural 4 me, coz all I wanna do is what makes me happy and I don't want to make a wrong decision I would end up regretting My people pls I need ur advise should I stay and finish my present course or take jamb form again to enroll 4 architecture
cc: lalasticlala, fynestboi
Re: Should I Change Course In The University!! by LordIsaac(m): 11:19am On Apr 15, 2017
What's your current CGPA, honestly?
Re: Should I Change Course In The University!! by davbravo(m): 11:32am On Apr 15, 2017
baron68:
Hello, I was admitted into a federal university to study mechanical engineering immediately I finished from secondary school, though my dream was to study architecture but my dad was afraid, so he convinced me that job opportunities aren't that much for architects and I was also kid of naive at that time so he said engineers could establish their own firm or company so I decided to choose Mech. eng. but this architecture has been my passion this is what av been good at since my secondary school days from technical drawing, from building to machine drawing but I liked the building part better even till the university the machine drawings we did I had 'A's in all. BT am in my 4th year presently and I am thinking of taking jamb form again due to two reasons, am kind of finding the mathematics aspect of the course hard and i even failed some this is dropping my cgpa badly, and secondly I feel happy anytime I c architectural designs coz it's something that comes natural 4 me, coz all I wanna do is what makes me happy and I don't want to make a wrong decision I would end up regretting My people pls I need ur advise should I stay and finish my present course or take jamb form again to enroll 4 architecture
cc: lalasticlala, fynestboi
you're in your 4th year, you have just about a year and few months till you graduate. Why not wait till you've graduated from mech engineering and u can then decide to take another jamb form....... you could even get a direct entry form if mech engineering is accepted for DE into architecture

1 Like

Re: Should I Change Course In The University!! by torres89: 11:56am On Apr 15, 2017
have thought about channeling your passion to cad design.

try drawing things on your laptop with different software especially solid works.

u can still stick with mechanical

u are still gonna meet heavy mathematics in architecture

mechanical is a very good course

just spend more time on cad design
Re: Should I Change Course In The University!! by baron68: 11:58am On Apr 15, 2017
LordIsaac:
What's your current CGPA, honestly?
Re: Should I Change Course In The University!! by baron68: 12:00pm On Apr 15, 2017
davbravo:
you're in your 4th year, you have just about a year and few months till you graduate. Why not wait till you've graduated from mech engineering and u can then decide to take another jamb form....... you could even get a direct entry form if mech engineering is accepted for DE into architecture
thanks bro, will check that
Re: Should I Change Course In The University!! by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 15, 2017
Probably you really like architecture, but to me it seems like it's because you aren't doing that well in mech. that's why you're reconsidering architecture in your 4th yr. But architecture has math too.
Re: Should I Change Course In The University!! by baron68: 12:01pm On Apr 15, 2017
torres89:
have thought about channeling your passion to cad design.

try drawing things on your laptop with different software especially solid works.

u can still stick with mechanical

u are still gonna meet heavy mathematics in architecture

mechanical is a very good course

just spend more time on cad design

nope I haven't thought abt it but I know a lil bit of AutoCAD 2d I use it to practice some building plan drawings.
Re: Should I Change Course In The University!! by torres89: 12:05pm On Apr 15, 2017
baron68:

nope I haven't thought abt it but I know a lil bit of AutoCAD 2d I use it to practice some building plan drawings.

get a laptop

there are enough cad softwares online

go to YouTube for tutorials

don't pay anyone money to learn

start now and in your final year u gonna be hot cake

1 Like

Re: Should I Change Course In The University!! by LordIsaac(m): 12:56pm On Apr 15, 2017
baron68:

Then, I'll suggest you finish up and take up Archi as your second degree.
Re: Should I Change Course In The University!! by davbravo(m): 1:13pm On Apr 15, 2017
baron68:
thanks bro, will check that
uwc

(1) (Reply)

KSU SUG President, Philips Omepa Impeached On Allegations Of Fraud / 2017/2018 Abu Aspirant / Ijmb Center In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.