Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,885 members, 7,824,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes (1161 Views)

Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl / 12 Contrasting attitudes Many Nigerian Men Exhibit In Marriage.Right or Wrong / Fuel Their Self Esteem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by Formidable1: 2:18pm On Apr 15, 2017
I feel so disappointed in humans that I may not be helping people anytime soon.

I and my wife took our one month old baby to the hospital to treat him of a huge boil growing in his scalp. Had to spend like 4 hrs waiting for the doctor and my last cash in the hospital. The baby cried so much as the doctor drained the boil. It was heartbreaking.

On our way back, I went to the ATM and waited on the longest queue I've ever seen. My wife and baby were waiting for me under the scorching heat. When it got to my turn after about 45 mins, the ATM suddenly was"unable to dispense cash".

There was another machine just beside mine, with its own queue. And they saw what happened. I had to beg them to permit me withdraw some cash. They refused. Even after telling them that I had a sick baby with me and the mother that had endured the heat waiting for me at the back, they refused. An older man whom I thought would be sympathetic with me even told me to go and beg my age-mates, not elders.

Nobody pitied my condition. I had to leave angry and disappointed, consoled my wife and crying baby, and we went home.

I know that everybody have their problems, but it's unfair not to consider people whose problems are bigger than yours. I usually lend a helping hand to those who need my help, but right now I think there's no more gain in doing good.
Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by QueenSuccubus(f): 2:34pm On Apr 15, 2017
undecided

Sorry but some humans are juz heartless..

2 Likes

Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by DozieInc(m): 3:03pm On Apr 15, 2017
Some people are just wicked sad
Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by Monogamy: 3:03pm On Apr 15, 2017
Formidable1:
I feel so disappointed in humans that I may not be helping people anytime soon.

I and my wife took our one month old baby to the hospital to treat him of a huge boil growing in his scalp. Had to spend like 4 hrs waiting for the doctor and my last cash in the hospital. The baby cried so much as the doctor drained the boil. It was heartbreaking.

On our way back, I went to the ATM and waited on the longest queue I've ever seen. My wife and baby were waiting for me under the scorching heat. When it got to my turn after about 45 mins, the ATM suddenly was"unable to dispense cash".

There was another machine just beside mine, with its own queue. And they saw what happened. I had to beg them to permit me withdraw some cash. They refused. Even after telling them that I had a sick baby with me and the mother that had endured the heat waiting for me at the back, they refused. An older man whom I thought would be sympathetic with me even told me to go and beg my age-mates, not elders.

Nobody pitied my condition. I had to leave angry and disappointed, consoled my wife and crying baby, and we went home.

I know that everybody have their problems, but it's unfair not to consider people whose problems are bigger than yours. I usually lend a helping hand to those who need my help, but right now I think there's no more gain in doing good.

That is the reality about life. You will see all those same people on Sunday at Church/Mosque. Only God knows who is Serving him with a Good Heart

4 Likes

Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by Acidosis(m): 3:06pm On Apr 15, 2017
The truth is that Nigerians lie a lot. Another truth is that nobody really believed your challenge. Sorry about the condition of your baby. However, you should understand better especially since you've been in the country for a while (I presume).

There is hardly any bus stop in Lagos or ATM you wont see one or two persons begging and asking for help. Some will even tell you that they've not eaten since 2005.

The end result of a lying population is what affected you and your family today. You wouldn't want to know the number of kids that have fought and abused that old man over this ATM queue.

Personally, I don't blame them. If they had allowed you, at least 20 other persons will immediately show up with concentrated lies. Someone might just show up to say he died last night, and he needs to make a quick withdrawal so he can go back to the mortuary and also have some cash to pay the angel at the gate of Heaven.

Sorry bro, but if we all stop lying and also stop taking advantage of people, we just might have a sane and compassionate society. I wish your baby a quick and complete recovery.

8 Likes

Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by greatgod2012(f): 4:00pm On Apr 15, 2017
If you want to stop being good because you're somehow disappointed with human inhumanity to humans, then, what do you want God to do with us, despite His being constantly and continuously good to us, what and how do we humans appreciate Him?

When you do good, have it in mind that your being good is not for or because of anyone but because you are who you are, also, don't expect anyone to be good to you just because you're good to some others.

God is the rewarder of all acts of goodness, be it publicly or privately! Never expect reward of any form from anyone! Never allow another person's inhumanity take away your own humanity!

Regards to your baby!

3 Likes

Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by Formidable1: 4:26pm On Apr 15, 2017
Monogamy:

That is the reality about life. You will see all those same people on Sunday at Church/Mosque. Only God knows who is Serving him with a Good Heart

It's really unbelievable. The problem is that churches these days no longer teach kindness and love, but personal wealth and prosperity. Every other thing doesn't matter. It's bad.

1 Like

Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by Formidable1: 4:34pm On Apr 15, 2017
greatgod2012:
If you want to stop being good because you're somehow disappointed with human inhumanity to humans, then, what do you want God to do with us, despite His being constantly and continuously good to us, what and how do we humans appreciate Him?

When you do good, have it in mind that your being good is not for or because of anyone but because you are who you are, also, don't expect anyone to be good to you just because you're good to some others.

God is the rewarder of all acts of goodness, be it publicly or privately! Never expect reward of any form from anyone! Never allow another person's inhumanity take away your own humanity!

Regards to your baby!

Thanks a lot, greatgod. You know sometimes as humans, when you're used to showing kindness to people most of the time, you feel you also deserve same. I guess I was expecting too much.

All the same, thanks for your encouragement.
Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by Formidable1: 4:52pm On Apr 15, 2017
Acidosis:
The truth is that Nigerians lie a lot. Another truth is that nobody really believed your challenge. Sorry about the condition of your baby. However, you should understand better especially since you've been in the country for a while (I presume).

There is hardly any bus stop in Lagos or ATM you wont see one or two persons begging and asking for help. Some will even tell you that they've not eaten since 2005.

The end result of a lying population is what affected you and your family today. You wouldn't want to know the number of kids that have fought and abused that old man over this ATM queue.

Personally, I don't blame them. If they had allowed you, at least 20 other persons will immediately show up with concentrated lies. Someone might just show up to say he died last night, and he needs to make a quick withdrawal so he can go back to the mortuary and also have some cash to pay the angel at the gate of Heaven.

Sorry bro, but if we all stop lying and also stop taking advantage of people, we just might have a sane and compassionate society. I wish your baby a quick and complete recovery.

Thank you, bro. Was LOL on some of your comments. But you're right indeed. Lies and deceits are the norms of today's society. But I believe that people should still endeavor to ascertain who is lying and who really needs help. It's not always justifiable to treat Mr.B as a liar, because Mr.A has deceived you before. Our society will only deteriorate more if we generalize everyone as bad because of a previous experiences.

Thanks for the recovery wishes to my baby. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by greatgod2012(f): 4:53pm On Apr 15, 2017
Formidable1:

Thanks a lot, greatgod. You know sometimes as humans, when you're used to showing kindness to people most of the time, you feel you also deserve same. I guess I was expecting too much.

All the same, thanks for your encouragement.

You're welcome my brother!

I don't know about you but as for me, whenever I do any kind of good to anyone, be it extending my hands towards the needy or through words of encouragement, or any other way, there's this radiance of joy within me........that alone is enough for me! And I believe that's how it is with most people, so, anyone who has the ability to render help but refuses, will obviously miss the joy!

So, stop expecting too much from humans, just assume that anyone in position to help you when you need his/her help but refuses, is the one losing, not you! God who is the rewarder of everything will definitely reward your acts of goodness!

Never let the actions or inactions of others affect or weigh you down!

KEEP BEING GOOD!
Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by Formidable1: 4:55pm On Apr 15, 2017
DozieInc:
Some people are just wicked sad

Yes. Plain wicked and inconsiderate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by Formidable1: 4:59pm On Apr 15, 2017
QueenSuccubus:
undecided

Sorry but some humans are juz heartless..

It's really disheartening.
Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by byvan03: 5:03pm On Apr 15, 2017
I had a similar experience at the ATM. My boy vomitted multiple times right there yet no one batted an eye lid. Forget people, don't expect them to be kind because you are kind. No be today I know the darkness for human heart, so I no let am worry me. They were more interested in dishing unsolicited advice .

1 Like

Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by byvan03: 5:04pm On Apr 15, 2017
[quote author=Formidable1 post=55594832]

All the same, thanks for your encouragement. [/quote

I know the feeling but I have grown a tough skin. So sorry for your experience. ]

2 Likes

Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by Formidable1: 5:05pm On Apr 15, 2017
greatgod2012:

You're welcome my brother!

I don't know about you but as for me, whenever I do any kind of good to anyone, be it extending my hands towards the needy or through words of encouragement, or any other way, there's this radiance of joy within me........that alone is enough for me! And I believe that's how it is with most people, so, anyone who has the ability to render help but refuses, will obviously miss the joy!

So, stop expecting too much from humans, just assume that anyone in position to help you when you need his/her help but refuses, is the one losing, not you! God who is the rewarder of everything will definitely reward your acts of goodness!

Never let the actions or inactions of others affect or weigh you down!

KEEP BEING GOOD!

Power-filled words! Thanks, dear. I shall KEEP BEING GOOD! smiley
Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by Formidable1: 5:14pm On Apr 15, 2017
byvan03:
I had a similar experience at the ATM. My boy vomitted multiple times right there yet no one batted an eye lid. Forget people, don't expect them to be kind because you are kind. No be today I know the darkness for human heart, so I no let am worry me. They were more interested in dishing unsolicited advice .

Imagine that! There is indeed so much darkness in the human heart. But I think I've learnt not to expect kindness but to keep being kind.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by peacettw: 5:19pm On Apr 15, 2017
We as a nation are now immune to human suffering. You really shouldn't blame anyone cos you dont know their situation as well.

2 Likes

Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by Formidable1: 5:21pm On Apr 15, 2017
[quote author=byvan03 post=55595600][/quote]

Thank you, bro.
I guess this experience has also toughened my skin.

1 Like

Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by Formidable1: 5:34pm On Apr 15, 2017
peacettw:
We as a nation are now immune to human suffering. You really shouldn't blame anyone cos you dont know their situation as well.

It's so unfortunate. Maybe you're right. Maybe they had problems bigger than a one-month old baby in pain and under the scorching heat. No mind people, dear. I've just learnt today to take whatever I see from them, but to keep being myself.
Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by Nancy2016: 5:44pm On Apr 15, 2017
Acidosis:

Sorry bro, but if we all stop lying and also stop taking advantage of people, we just might have a sane and compassionate society.

You summed it up very well. I agree with you a million times.

1 Like

Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by peacettw: 5:45pm On Apr 15, 2017
Formidable1:

It's so unfortunate. Maybe you're right. Maybe they had problems bigger than a one-month old baby in pain and under the scorching heat. No mind people, dear. I've just learnt today to take whatever I see from them, but to keep being myself.

That's the right attitude. Don't be influenced by anybody's behaviour. It isn't worth it.

1 Like

Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by Nancy2016: 5:46pm On Apr 15, 2017
[quote author=greatgod2012 post=55593983][/quote]

I just wanted to thank you for your inspirational and powerful words.
Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by greatgod2012(f): 7:15pm On Apr 15, 2017
Nancy2016:

I just wanted to thank you for your inspirational and powerful words.

Thanks!

I'm humbled!
Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by eyinjuege: 7:41pm On Apr 15, 2017
You never can tell if their own problems are bigger than yours.
Right on the queue, there might have been someone else who's child is lying down dying in the hospital, at least yours was brought out whole.
There might also have been people who have a deadline to meet up with, who cannot afford to wait.
In as much as it seems to you your problems surpasses everyone else's, to them theirs may be more than yours. Its all a matter of perspective.
Just understand that everyone is undergoing one pressure or the other, and you won't take offence if no one seems to care about yours.

4 Likes

Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by hysteriabox(m): 9:21pm On Apr 15, 2017
So sorry...cheer up

1. Was on a ATM queue... a dude comes all hagad n tired. Begs us to please allow him check his balance in order not to waste his time queuing. We agree. He goes there, we hear d machine spin n dispense cash. He steps out n says 'sorry o, no vex'

2. Was in a bus from lagos to jos. Arrived quite late-12am. so everyone was conscious not to miss his/her stop. One lady was chanting 'people sef...no chill, no patience'. She was quick to haller when her stop was reached. When she alighted, she said 'now driver, drive straight to your last stop. Dont stop for anyone. Everybody ll find dia way from there, hehe'

3. I was shoping in an igbo market in kano. Wanted to prepare an igbo delicacy. As I priced a particular ingredient, a woman beside me asked if I wanted to prepare such n such thing, I said yes. She den says 'u dont need this then, instead buy this other one' from dsame table. The seller begins to chant in igbo. Inquired, I learnt she said d woman is spoiling her market by not allowing me buy any n everything, whether I needed it or not, she just wants to sell

4. During fuel scarcity in Dutse, we queued up. As their custom is there, women don't get mixed up with men. So some dudes went home/roadside picked their spouses/female passangers n gave dem huge gallons. They came n said 'please'. Thats how we waited for dem to buy to their fill.

5. On my journey from benin to kano last year, I entered a big joe bus. The driver was over speeding, overtaking recklessly n dint follow his lane in hold ups. He was so inpatient that his finger was quick to hit d horns like it was nothing. But we saw another bus zoom pass us. This dude took his head of of the window yelling 'na impatience go kill u

Bottom line- men prefer themselves. Live with this bitter truth but be different

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So Disappointed In Humans And Their Self-centered Attitudes by YourCoffin: 9:38am On Apr 16, 2017
"I know everybody has problems but it's unfair not consider those whose problem is bigger than yours"

That right there is the problem, that feeling of entitlement is the bane of people's lamentation. Why on earth should you expect someone to abandon his or problem and help you solve yours because you feel your problem is bigger than his?

Rid yourselves that kind of feeling and it will help you become proactive next time

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Is Lekki Conservation Area Flood Free? / Tips on how to handle an aunt that begs a lot. / It Is Very Easy To Raise A Family In Brazil(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.