Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Youtube Has A Secret ‘dark Mode’ You Didn’t Know Existed - See How To Activate - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Youtube Has A Secret ‘dark Mode’ You Didn’t Know Existed - See How To Activate (1252 Views)

Do You Use Google Chrome’s Incognito Mode? You May Be Eligible For $5,000 / How To Activate Airtel Night Plan, Get 250mb For N25 And 1.5gb For N150 / 6 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do With Google (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youtube Has A Secret ‘dark Mode’ You Didn’t Know Existed - See How To Activate by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 15, 2017
YouTube has a secret dark mode you didn’t knew existed. If you are tired of seeing the normal YouTube white background, we will be showing you how to activate YouTube Dark Mode. A reddit user discovered this new mode and we will forever be grateful to him.

There are times when we stay up late in the night, watching some clips on YouTube and learning things. Seeing a white background too maybe affect the eyes long term so it is actually a good idea to try this new Dark Mode on YouTube. This Mode only works on Google Chrome and you have to have the latest version installed on your computer, version 57 and above.

How to Activate YouTube Dark Mode on Windows and Mac
• If you have not been using Chrome browser, download and install latest version
• Open Google Chrome browser then Developer tools by pressing Ctrl+Shift+I on Windows. For Mac users, press Option+Cmd+I on your keyboard.
• Select the Console section.
• Past this code in the Console section: document.cookie="VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE" Hit the Enter key afterwards.
• Close Developer tools now and reload YouTube on your Chrome browser.
• To now use Dark Mode, click on your YouTube profile avatar
• From the drop-down menu shown, click on Dark Mode.
• Activate by toggling or switching the white button to the right.
• There goes your new YouTube Dark Mode in all its glory.

This new mode has not yet been made official by YouTube, but if you are someone that spends so much time on YouTube, use this mode and relieve your eyes.

Source: http://howtotechnaija.com/how-to-activate-youtube-dark-mode/

1 Like

Re: Youtube Has A Secret ‘dark Mode’ You Didn’t Know Existed - See How To Activate by falcon01: 4:21pm On Apr 15, 2017
who else thought what i thought sad
Re: Youtube Has A Secret ‘dark Mode’ You Didn’t Know Existed - See How To Activate by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 15, 2017
falcon01:
who else thought what i thought sad
Lol... what were you thinking?
Re: Youtube Has A Secret ‘dark Mode’ You Didn’t Know Existed - See How To Activate by RealLordZeus(m): 4:31pm On Apr 15, 2017
Skateboard:
Is it possible that you are trying to hijack ppl cookies
Re: Youtube Has A Secret ‘dark Mode’ You Didn’t Know Existed - See How To Activate by falcon01: 4:49pm On Apr 15, 2017
Skateboard:
darkness smiley
Re: Youtube Has A Secret ‘dark Mode’ You Didn’t Know Existed - See How To Activate by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 15, 2017
RealLordZeus:

Is it possible that you are trying to hijack ppl cookies
Lol... Seriously? this is just a tutorial to change the normal white YouTube background to back.
Re: Youtube Has A Secret ‘dark Mode’ You Didn’t Know Existed - See How To Activate by tunisbaba(m): 7:18pm On Apr 15, 2017
Skateboard:
YouTube has a secret dark mode you didn’t knew existed. If you are tired of seeing the normal YouTube white background, we will be showing you how to activate YouTube Dark Mode. A reddit user discovered this new mode and we will forever be grateful to him.

There are times when we stay up late in the night, watching some clips on YouTube and learning things. Seeing a white background too maybe affect the eyes long term so it is actually a good idea to try this new Dark Mode on YouTube. This Mode only works on Google Chrome and you have to have the latest version installed on your computer, version 57 and above.

How to Activate YouTube Dark Mode on Windows and Mac
• If you have not been using Chrome browser, download and install latest version
• Open Google Chrome browser then Developer tools by pressing Ctrl+Shift+I on Windows. For Mac users, press Option+Cmd+I on your keyboard.
• Select the Console section.
• Past this code in the Console section: document.cookie="VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE" Hit the Enter key afterwards.
• Close Developer tools now and reload YouTube on your Chrome browser.
• To now use Dark Mode, click on your YouTube profile avatar
• From the drop-down menu shown, click on Dark Mode.
• Activate by toggling or switching the white button to the right.
• There goes your new YouTube Dark Mode in all its glory.

This new mode has not yet been made official by YouTube, but if you are someone that spends so much time on YouTube, use this mode and relieve your eyes.

Source: http://howtotechnaija.com/how-to-activate-youtube-dark-mode/

Cc @lalasticlala
This is a good move from YouTube, but I would make more sense if it can be activated through settings and not going through developer mode.
Re: Youtube Has A Secret ‘dark Mode’ You Didn’t Know Existed - See How To Activate by Christensen: 12:19pm On Apr 16, 2017
Nice tip OP. Who would have thought YouTube had a black background...
Re: Youtube Has A Secret ‘dark Mode’ You Didn’t Know Existed - See How To Activate by jtolu480: 6:48pm On Apr 16, 2017
Christensen:
Nice tip OP. Who would have thought YouTube had a black background...
I didn't even know it was possible up until today.
Re: Youtube Has A Secret ‘dark Mode’ You Didn’t Know Existed - See How To Activate by stanogb(m): 7:22pm On Apr 16, 2017
You simply changed the browser Theme. You can do it for other sites too.
Re: Youtube Has A Secret ‘dark Mode’ You Didn’t Know Existed - See How To Activate by rickyallen662: 8:55am On Apr 17, 2017
I wonder why YouTube has not introduced this officially. Nice work OP
Re: Youtube Has A Secret ‘dark Mode’ You Didn’t Know Existed - See How To Activate by 100DollarBill: 11:14am On Apr 17, 2017
Nice info... FP material mods @Lalasticlala adewasco2k
Re: Youtube Has A Secret ‘dark Mode’ You Didn’t Know Existed - See How To Activate by TrevorDJ(m): 10:49am On Jun 11, 2022
YouTube dark mode has stay hidden for a long time, here’s how to enable it on you devices:

YouTube dark mode provides an easier-on-the-eyes viewing experience. It’s particularly nice when watching videos in the dark. YouTube’s dark theme is available on the YouTube website and in YouTube’s mobile apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android.

https://www.novabach.com/how-to-enable-dark-mode-on-youtube/

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Now Has A New Advertising Platform That Works With Google And Cheap. / Website For Sale / I Will Develop And Design Your Website At Cheap Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.