Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Do You Use Google Chrome’s Incognito Mode? You May Be Eligible For $5,000 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Do You Use Google Chrome’s Incognito Mode? You May Be Eligible For $5,000 (459 Views)

How To Open Blocked Sites On Google Chrome!!! / Buy .com Domain On Namecheap For $5.88/year / Google Chrome Have Started Marking Sites Without ‘HTTPS’ As Not Secure.(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Use Google Chrome’s Incognito Mode? You May Be Eligible For $5,000 by WuzzyTech: 8:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
If you’re an avid user of Google Chrome, you’re likely familiar with Incognito mode, which allows you to browse privately.

And if you’ve used this particular mode within the past four years, according to a proposed class-action lawsuit, you could eventually be in line to receive a hefty sum of $5,000.

In the lawsuit, Google is accused of invading people’s privacy and tracking internet use even when browsers are set to “private” mode. The suit, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, alleges that the tech giant violated wiretapping and privacy laws.

If you open Incognito in Chrome, Google displays a message that states that you can “browse privately” and confirms that other people using the device cannot see your browsing activity. While this message says that downloads and bookmarks will be saved, your browsing history, cookies, site data and form inputs will not.

“Google tracks and collects consumer browsing history and other web activity data no matter what safeguards consumers undertake to protect their data privacy,” the complaint reads.

The lawsuit is seeking at least $5 billion from Google and its parent company, Alphabet Inc. The proposed class-action suit may include “millions” of Google browser users—a potential payout of $5,000 for each affected individual.

Google spokesman Jose Castaneda said the Mountain View, California-based company disputes the claims and plans to defend itself vigorously against them.

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/google-chrome-incognito-mode-may-220000706.html

Re: Do You Use Google Chrome’s Incognito Mode? You May Be Eligible For $5,000 by Ezedikechinedu1(m): 8:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
1.8 million naira, God abeg this company don chop bloggers money too much! I always use Google incognito mode to access my cpanel
Re: Do You Use Google Chrome’s Incognito Mode? You May Be Eligible For $5,000 by stanliwise(m): 9:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
Ezedikechinedu1:
1.8 million naira, God abeg this company don chop bloggers money too much! I always use Google incognito mode to access my cpanel
SMH

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Trust Worthy Person That Can Receive Payment On Paypal / Web Designer As A Partner Is Needed / Rate The New Website I Am Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.