Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,128 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Married Couple Discover They Are Biological Twins After DNA Test - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Couple Discover They Are Biological Twins After DNA Test (1245 Views)

Chinese Man Finds Out His Twin Babies Have Two Different Fathers After DNA Test / Pastor Discovers His Children Are Not His, After DNA Tests / "She Lied To Me For Six Years" Heartbroken Man Cries Out After DNA Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Couple Discover They Are Biological Twins After DNA Test by Islie: 9:11pm On Apr 15, 2017
A US married couple are in shock after a DNA test revealed that they are biological twins.

The couple, who were struggling to conceive a child, had visited a fertility clinic, but during the in vitro fertilisation process the doctor discovered there are too many similarities in their DNA profiles.

Investigations, however, revealed that the twins had been separated at a young age after their biological parents died in a car accident. They were adopted into different families, with neither foster family not knowing their adopted child had a twin.

The devastated couple was left at a loss with what to do, as marriage between siblings is outlawed in the southern state.

Neither the couple, who met and fell in love in college, nor doctor can be named for patient confidentiality reasons.

“They were attracted to each other due to their similarities. They felt they could really connect with each other. If only they had known the truth , it could have saved them so much pain later on, ” the doctor told Mississippi Herald.

“For me, it’ s a particularly unusual case because my job is all about helping couples conceive a child. This is the first time in my career that I've been glad I haven’ t succeeded in that regard.”

The penalty for marrying a sibling in Mississippi is up to 10 years in prison and a fine of $500.

http://punchng.com/married-couple-discover-they-are-biological-twins-after-dna-test/

lalasticlala
Re: Married Couple Discover They Are Biological Twins After DNA Test by youngbabaj(m): 9:12pm On Apr 15, 2017
wow
Re: Married Couple Discover They Are Biological Twins After DNA Test by thesicilian: 9:16pm On Apr 15, 2017
Stuff happens. At least they didn't do it intentionally.
What they need to do now is get an annulment, and seek the care of experienced psychologists.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Married Couple Discover They Are Biological Twins After DNA Test by Spicylate(f): 9:18pm On Apr 15, 2017
Oh dear shocked
Re: Married Couple Discover They Are Biological Twins After DNA Test by divinehand2003(m): 9:19pm On Apr 15, 2017
Lol

Marriage continues oooo
Re: Married Couple Discover They Are Biological Twins After DNA Test by coolebux(m): 9:22pm On Apr 15, 2017
Ewooo! embarassed
Re: Married Couple Discover They Are Biological Twins After DNA Test by Atoos(m): 9:23pm On Apr 15, 2017
Lol....

But, I don't understand why they can't have children ?
Re: Married Couple Discover They Are Biological Twins After DNA Test by hazan041(m): 9:24pm On Apr 15, 2017
This can't happen in naija wetin cornshine us with DNA
Re: Married Couple Discover They Are Biological Twins After DNA Test by pbethel: 9:27pm On Apr 15, 2017
O oooo
Feel so sorry for them
Re: Married Couple Discover They Are Biological Twins After DNA Test by Onwardvic(m): 9:53pm On Apr 15, 2017
Oh God keep every parent to at least raise their kids to maturity to avoid this kind of heart-renting stories

2 Likes

Re: Married Couple Discover They Are Biological Twins After DNA Test by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 15, 2017
WOW , shocked this things do happen, but such occurrences are just rare.
Re: Married Couple Discover They Are Biological Twins After DNA Test by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 15, 2017
Atoos:
Lol....

But, I don't understand why they can't have children ?

Because that would be Inbreeding.

2 Likes

Re: Married Couple Discover They Are Biological Twins After DNA Test by KanwuliaExtra: 1:58am On Apr 16, 2017
When this "UNA GOD" say yes ehn?
Who can say no?

Oya carry biro! grin

Only the Christian God can play this kind of CRUEL JOKE!

First the parents are killed in a ghastly MVA, then they are brought together to PHOCK demselves! embarassed

Na which crime these poor children commit? undecided

1 Like

Re: Married Couple Discover They Are Biological Twins After DNA Test by Arielle: 7:07am On Apr 16, 2017
KanwuliaExtra:
Who can say no?

Oya carry biro! grin

First the parents are killed in a ghastly MVA, then they are brought together to PHOCK demselves! embarassed

Thank you. I hate to hear stories like this. It's as if some evil cosmic comedian with a twisted sense of humour is up there pulling the strings to wreck havoc on people's lives. So who do these two people thank for their lives and all that's happened to them? And please let no one mention the 'devil'. That's a cop - out.
Re: Married Couple Discover They Are Biological Twins After DNA Test by fr3do(m): 8:22am On Apr 16, 2017
SmartBug:

Because that would be Inbreeding.

it is inbreeding does not mean there would be difficulty in conception, but their issues may have severe deformities and disorders.
Re: Married Couple Discover They Are Biological Twins After DNA Test by MuttleyLaff: 8:34am On Apr 18, 2017
KanwuliaExtra:
Who can say no?

Oya carry biro! grin

Arielle:
Thank you. I hate to hear stories like this.
It's as if some evil cosmic comedian with a twisted sense of humour is up there pulling the strings to wreck havoc on people's lives.
So who do these two people thank for their lives and all that's happened to them?
And please let no one mention the 'devil'. That's a cop - out.
All na hoax. Fake news things

(1) (Reply)

Gospel Singer Dan-favour Bulaun Celebrates 10th Wedding Anniversary. / I Saw A Shooting Star And My Wish Come To Pass / Nigerian Pretty Girl Dies During Child Birth Weeks After Marriage" Friends React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.