Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,727 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil (14582 Views)

Why Is Camry 2004 Power Steering Oil Dropping When I Park / Turn Your Kazeem To A Gazzuzz or A Radautoworks. Thread For Broke Car Owners. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by adecz: 7:36am On Apr 17, 2017
Try this on a Millennium car
& your Brain Box,
including all the hydraulic sensors go crash.
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by Goodnuel: 7:37am On Apr 17, 2017
smiley
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by surveyorng: 7:37am On Apr 17, 2017
They only do that to a faulty power steering system especially when oil leaks from the steering rack.
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by rezy15(m): 7:44am On Apr 17, 2017
My mechanic uses spent engine oil on the power steering of our crv 2000. Lasts longer cos of the leaking.
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by EppPliss: 7:53am On Apr 17, 2017
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by justhenry(m): 7:53am On Apr 17, 2017
azimibraun:
Wait o! Why NL dey call " motor repairer" Kazeem? Abi na me no read well?
"Kazeem" is the widely used and general name for motor repairer in the South Western region of Nigeria. However, in the South East, we call them "Mekaniiiki"

5 Likes

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by dcncorneils: 7:57am On Apr 17, 2017
soberdrunk:
Hehehehe! Your mechanic just did you a huge favor, your power steering pump is probably leaking but still good and he doesn't want you to keep throwing away money by buying power steering oil every other day, the engine oil will last longer and keep your steering soft, you can even use condemned oil sef
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by dcncorneils: 7:59am On Apr 17, 2017
Make some mechanic comment on dis
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by soberdrunk(m): 8:06am On Apr 17, 2017
Areaboy2:

Lol.. see advise

When you drive a magic schoolbus you have to know tricks like this grin, you cant relate Eagle1, you are in 'knight rider' league cheesy cheesy
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by cutty4sure(m): 8:12am On Apr 17, 2017
The break oil thing works pretty fine. My mechanic asked me to replace steering rack but when i called my cousin who is also a mechanic (certified), he asked my mechanic to use condemned engine oil. I was scared at first but I gave him the go ahead. It is over two years now and no issues. Working perfectly. BTW it is a Toyota Corolla 2005.

2 Likes

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 17, 2017
bencol:
are u for real
He is, I heard Alex (a Mechanic friend I have on my street) said the same thing too while fixing a car.

1 Like

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by cutty4sure(m): 8:13am On Apr 17, 2017
The break oil thing works pretty fine. My mechanic asked me to replace the steering rack but when i called my cousin who is also a mechanic (certified), he asked my mechanic to use condemned engine oil. I was scared at first but I gave him the go ahead. It is over two years now and no issues. Working perfectly. BTW it is a Toyota Corolla 2005.
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by surreal15(m): 8:21am On Apr 17, 2017
shocked
Holy water or normal water, sir?

galadima77:
Personally I saw a pickup driver use water for break oil...
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by Dicksonpal: 8:26am On Apr 17, 2017
It will eventually spoil the power steering rack, enjoy while it lasts hommie....
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by erico2k2(m): 8:34am On Apr 17, 2017
makavele:
The engine oil is thicker than the power steering fluid;
hence, it will leak out at a very slow rate . . . could take months to too off . . .
however, kiss the power steering pump goodbye !
It will be changed eventually
Wrong . When at max temp the Engine oil is next to steam . It's lighter than water . .The power steering pump generates heat fru friction hence it's fluid needs cooling . Now ppwer steering fluids cool faster than Engine Oil .
So there is no benefit to it.yoyr car will pack up sooner than later . You won't only damage the pump or the rack U will kill the return pipes as well .

1 Like

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by erico2k2(m): 8:35am On Apr 17, 2017
cutty4sure:
The break oil thing works pretty fine. My mechanic asked me to replace the steering rack but when i called my cousin who is also a mechanic (certified), he asked my mechanic to use condemned engine oil. I was scared at first but I gave him the go ahead. It is over two years now and no issues. Working perfectly. BTW it is a Toyota Corolla 2005.
U know some people think driving off road is fine with Toyota camry even though that car has no off road capability
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by erico2k2(m): 8:37am On Apr 17, 2017
rezy15:
My mechanic uses spent engine oil on the power steering of our crv 2000. Lasts longer cos of the leaking.
The leakage can be sealed all you meed is Rtv gum.or a good sealant the type used for your gasket cover seal.

1 Like

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by InvertedHammer: 8:37am On Apr 17, 2017
cmon:
Na so I se am oh.... The put mobile xhp for me and told me to forget buying power steering oil.... This my motor don suffer sha.
/
It is alright.

Next thing will be to blame your enemies or witches and wizards when the inevitable happens.

Who will be in the crash? You. Not your mechanic. You allowed your mechanic to gamble with your life just to save a few bucks. If you can't afford to maintain a car, don't buy one. What you are driving is a threat to your life and to the life of other road users.

\

1 Like

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by erico2k2(m): 8:50am On Apr 17, 2017
InvertedHammer:

/
It is alright.

Next thing will be to blame your enemies or witches and wizards when the inevitable happens.

Who will be in the crash? You. Not your mechanic. You allowed your mechanic to gamble with your life just to save a few bucks. If you can't afford to maintain a car, don't buy one. What you are driving is a threat to your life and to the life of other road users.

\
That guy never hear say steering dey locking motion .
This is what those idiot bus drivers do.amd kill innocent commuters and say bad roads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by Pylony(m): 9:02am On Apr 17, 2017
lonelydora:

Those 404 pickup can use water mixed with detergent as brake fluid and the brake will still hold. Do not try this in 21st century
Lol try am for 21st century and enter bush.

1 Like

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by Vicyace: 9:18am On Apr 17, 2017
azimibraun:
wait o! Are u serious? I saw a mechanic pour condem inside my friends power steering oil pot o! And he confidently just told my friend to go and enjoy his car. I was shocked and speechless. So the guy knw Werin him dey do?

Some even mix diesel with engine oil and pour into the power steering pump. Although you may end up replacing the pump if recommended oil is not used. They mostly do this when there's leakage somewhere
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by Danaire(m): 9:35am On Apr 17, 2017
It is good. My mech told me same thing nd did it for me. His reason is that there are too many fake PS oil/fluid mixed, sometimes with water, causing the steering shaft to rust nd become noisy when turning ur steering.
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by sholajigga(m): 9:47am On Apr 17, 2017
izzy4shizzy:
I salute the mechanic...he is outa dis world

He's sent from heaven.
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by numericalguy(m): 9:50am On Apr 17, 2017
justhenry:
"Kazeem" is the widely used and general name for motor repairer in the South Western region of Nigeria. However, in the South East, we call them "Mekaniiiki"

Kazeem is a good Muslim name with dignity. Anti Islamic bigots like you use it as a subtle way to humiliate Muslims.
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by revolt(m): 9:56am On Apr 17, 2017
soberdrunk:
Hehehehe! Your mechanic just did you a huge favor, your power steering pump is probably leaking but still good and he doesn't want you to keep throwing away money by buying power steering oil every other day, the engine oil will last longer and keep your steering soft, you can even use condemned oil sef
hehe dude.....this was how my mechanic destroyed my 406 power steering system. I go do servicing for the motor, next thing the guys checking brakes and etc. Then he says my power steering oil is a lil low( I had no issues whatso ever with my steering) next thing hung he carries black carbonated oil and pours in there.. I'm like r u sure? He says ofcos he's an expert, that its same as hydraulic oil..I no even go 5 mins my steering lock. That's how for the next few days I was repairing steering. Till today the steering no soft again.

2 Likes

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 17, 2017
Please can someone tell me the long term effect of using engine oil? There must be some reprcussion for such
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by chukel(m): 10:10am On Apr 17, 2017
I'm shocked at the comments I'm reading here. This is why I discourage buying naija used cars. U just can't tell the extent of atrocity that has been committed on them.
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by emerich(m): 10:16am On Apr 17, 2017
cmon:
Na so I se am oh.... The put mobile xhp for me and told me to forget buying power steering oil.... This my motor don suffer sha.
My brother the Mech just saved you an extra cost, my steering rack was faulty, as a result leaked terribly, costing me #900 on a weekly basis buying power steering fluid, not until my Kazeem friend gave me the idea of using changed gear box fluid, that did d magic for me, saved me a lot of money pending when I changed the steering rack.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mazda Unveils Vision Coupe Concept Car At 2017 Tokyo Motor Show / Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 / VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.