Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? (23130 Views)

Iyke Oriaku: How I Used To Lie To Raise Money For God / What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? / Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Omooba77: 8:16am On Apr 16, 2017
The gaurds stationed at the tomb of Jesus took money to lie that Apostles came to steal him in the night.
Matthew 28:11-15 recorded this story; it showed He actually died and Arose. The lie of watch men could not hold water.
Money cant buy out the real facts about Jesus Christ.
Am I buying away Jesus by taking money to deny Him?
Happy Easter sirs and mas!

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by ednut1(m): 9:51am On Apr 16, 2017
Mk i no lie. D story no add up lipsrsealed

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by dansegun57(m): 9:51am On Apr 16, 2017
hmmm...this is the first time I'm hearing something like this

7 Likes

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by JONITEZ(m): 9:51am On Apr 16, 2017
Bible scholars over here should come help us out. Meanwhile happy easter to everyone. Don't forget to check out
Http://cresthub.com
For entrepreneurs or wannabees only.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by MeloJayEnt: 9:52am On Apr 16, 2017
1. Bribery was not corruption
2. There were no whistleblowers

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Nuelton(m): 9:52am On Apr 16, 2017
FTC
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 16, 2017
Weh done sir
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Ologogoro: 9:52am On Apr 16, 2017
Christian: 'The Lord is risen!'
Jew: 'No, his disciples stole away his body.'
Christian: 'The guard at the tomb would have prevented any such theft.'
Jew: 'No, his disciples stole away his body while the guard slept.'
Christian: 'The chief priests bribed the guard to say this.'

15 Likes

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Smart41(m): 9:52am On Apr 16, 2017
Seun seun seun... How many times didn't i call you? grin

Let me comman be going...
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by plessis: 9:52am On Apr 16, 2017
Millions of Nigerians are celebrating the death of Jesus, a criminal that was hanged for sedition and treason....

If only we can channel this energy to more productive things....

Will Africa ever be free?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Millz404(m): 9:53am On Apr 16, 2017
I rush book space, i no cum know wetin to talk
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Flamzey00(m): 9:53am On Apr 16, 2017
Read ya bible ova & ova again to understand it's content beta.. I just dey waka pass quietly b4 heavenly slap touch innocent me.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Tenim47(m): 9:54am On Apr 16, 2017
story story grin
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Holarz(m): 9:54am On Apr 16, 2017
mayb they are of Nigerian pedigree

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by antontech(m): 9:55am On Apr 16, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by MaziOmenuko: 9:55am On Apr 16, 2017
And he couldn't shame them by appearing in the synagogue for all to see?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by seansage(m): 9:55am On Apr 16, 2017
Happy East her to y'all

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Liamm(m): 9:56am On Apr 16, 2017
I haven't read to that portion. OP are you a whistle blower?

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by JONITEZ(m): 9:56am On Apr 16, 2017
Nuelton:
FTC
cheesy
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by IslamicRebel: 9:59am On Apr 16, 2017
Africans and stupidity

You believe in a book written by foreigners

Where is your own book?

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by dessz(m): 9:59am On Apr 16, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by sanandreas(m): 9:59am On Apr 16, 2017
To confirm that Jesus truly rose., read these scriptures. Luke 24:1-8, John 20:21-22,Ephesians1:18-20

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by crackhouse(m): 10:00am On Apr 16, 2017
Have not heard such before.
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by kayzat: 10:00am On Apr 16, 2017
I am sorry to say this but both the Bible and Qur'an are full of many contradictions and confusion.

You will soon see many so-called scholars trying to twist this as if they were there when the bible was written or they even wrote the Bible themselves.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by pennywys(m): 10:02am On Apr 16, 2017
Booked
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by etzmiezbee(f): 10:03am On Apr 16, 2017
The chief priest do not want the prophecy to be fulfilled and they don't want people to believe that Jesus christ has actually risen from death cos its going to block their sources of income.

9 Likes

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by irynterri(f): 10:04am On Apr 16, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
lol,read John 21:25,but there are also many other things which Jesus did; were every one of them written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written, don't be surprised if he did but it was not written

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 16, 2017
IslamicRebel:
Africans and stupidity

You believe in a book written by foreigners

Where is your own book?
The ones written regarding your African deities are nothing but slavery, wickedness and hatred. How many innocent souls have been killed over the ages because these dead deities required human sacrifice. The gospel of Jesus brought freedom, peace and love to our lives.

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Breakdbond: 10:08am On Apr 16, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Abeg ask them ooo.. . only few people witnessed his resurrection and this few are expected to tell others to believe otherwise they all will be burn for eternity

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pls Can I Get Interpretation To My Dream / Pastor Chris Okotie's 57th Birthday Celebration In Pictures / Former Pope Benedict XVI To Be Buried On Jan 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.