Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

CONFUSED! Which One Of These Is Right About The Jesus Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CONFUSED! Which One Of These Is Right About The Jesus Christ (420 Views)

The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos / Michael Job: The 'Jesus' In Kenya Is An Evangelist (Photos) / Prophet Ufuoma Bernard: "No More Tithing In My Church, Daddy Freeze Is Right" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CONFUSED! Which One Of These Is Right About The Jesus Christ by prynsex(m): 8:39am On Apr 16, 2017
1. He died and on the 3rd day He rose again 2. He died,and after 3days he rose again my christain brothers please i need some explanation on this! once again happy easter
Re: CONFUSED! Which One Of These Is Right About The Jesus Christ by kilo4sure: 8:49am On Apr 16, 2017
prynsex:
1. He died and on the 3rd day He rose again
2. He died,and after 3days he rose again
my christain brothers please i need some explanation on this!
once again happy easter
He died and then rose on the third day, even if u say after three days, you would have to consider time frame in Jewish culture of old and how they interpreted days, for example a day may not be complete 24hours, so you start counting from Friday.
Re: CONFUSED! Which One Of These Is Right About The Jesus Christ by hadjipapiey(m): 8:51am On Apr 16, 2017
This is simple common sense!

died and rose the 3rd day, or died and rose whenever

God died and rose, even if it's within hours... Who is in charge for before his resurrection on the 3rd day?

A Caretaker!? tongue
Re: CONFUSED! Which One Of These Is Right About The Jesus Christ by kilo4sure: 9:03am On Apr 16, 2017
hadjipapiey:
This is simple common sense!

God died and rose, even if it's within hours... Who is in charge for before his resurrection on the 3rd day?

A Caretaker!? tongue
Nobody said God died and rose, but that Jesus died and rose, Jesus was human having God in him fully to carry out God's mission and activities completely even as a man, so in a sense you can say he is God incarnated, but that doesn't take away his humanity.
Re: CONFUSED! Which One Of These Is Right About The Jesus Christ by prynsex(m): 9:08am On Apr 16, 2017
more enlightment please!
Re: CONFUSED! Which One Of These Is Right About The Jesus Christ by DeltaBachelor(m): 9:34am On Apr 16, 2017
I want to believe u brought this topic after seeing mine " WAS JESUS CRUCIFIED ON FRIDAY OR THURSDAY" . However, if not, kindly check it for more clarifications and be confused no more. Christ rose on sunday, but contrary to the popular belief that He was crucified on friday, hence the GOOD FRIDAY THINGY, He was actually crucified on Thursday. Knw the truth, and the truth shall set u free. Amen
Re: CONFUSED! Which One Of These Is Right About The Jesus Christ by realestniggah: 9:38am On Apr 16, 2017
you all should keep deceiving youself

Re: CONFUSED! Which One Of These Is Right About The Jesus Christ by kilo4sure: 10:20am On Apr 16, 2017
realestniggah:
you all should keep deceiving youself
Hmm, well l believe you are aware Christianity didn't even originate in Europe, and had spread far to African countries such as Ethiopia even before Constantine.

1 Like

Re: CONFUSED! Which One Of These Is Right About The Jesus Christ by Makaveli08: 6:35pm On Apr 16, 2017
The expressions "after three days" and "three days & three nights" are jewish idioms both referring to "the third day". This can be seen in the Old and New Testament, for instance, notice how the Pharisees understood Jesus remarks regarding his death and resurrection:

“Sir,” they said, “we remember that while he was still alive that deceiver said, ‘After three days I will rise again.’ So give the order for the tomb to be made secure until the third day. Otherwise, his disciples may come and steal the body and tell the people that he has been raised from the dead. This last deception will be worse than the first.” Matt 27.63-64

Note that the Pharisees requested that the tomb be guided "until the third day", this would only make sense if they understood Jesus remark "after three days" to imply that he would be raised on the third day not the fourth. Further justification for this reading of the text can be supported by the following Old Testament passages (Gen 42.16; 2 Chr 10.5; 1 Kings 20.29; Esther 4.16; 1 Sam 30.12), with the last two in particular.

Biblical scholars Andreas J. Köstenberger, Leonard Scott Kellum, Charles L. Quarles provide the following comments regarding this:

Source: The Cradle, the Cross, and the Crown: An Introduction to the New Testament, Andreas J. Köstenberger, Leonard Scott Kellum, Charles L. Quarles, B&H Publishing Group, 2009

"Jesus was crucified on a Friday and rose on a Sunday. The Gospels explicitly state that Jesus was executed on Friday, the day of preparation for the Sabbath (Matt 27:62; Mark 15:42; Luke 23:54; John 19:14,31,42). Because Jesus clearly rose from the dead on Sunday and because Matt 12:40 stated that the Son of Man would be in the heart of the earth "three days and three nights," some interpreters have argued that Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday or Thursday. However, several OT texts suggest that "three days and three nights" (which occurs only in Matt 12:30) might function as an idiom for any portion of a day plus an entire day plus any portion of a day (Gen 42:17-18; 1 Sam 30:12-13; 2 Chr 10:5,12; Esth 4:16-5:1). This method of reckoning time was also affirmed in rabbinic literature.154 Jesus apparently used the expression "three days and three nights" in a similar fashion. This is confirmed by the frequent references to his resurrection occurring "on the third day" (see Matt 16:21; 17:23; 20:19; 27:64)."

154 See TDNT 2:949-50

© Copyright Original Source

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Distance Islam From Your Music / Zimbabwean Pastor Uses His Mobile Phone To Call God During Service [video] / The Evil Of These Days Gym:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.