Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Stand Alone - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Stand Alone (478 Views)

The Marked: In The Spectral Existence (A Stand-alone Fantasy Fiction Novella) / One-night Stand / A Man's Stand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stand Alone by elfredame1: 7:40pm On Apr 16, 2017
Ukeme sat down with his friends in his newly acquired apartment, he officially parked in today. he could hardly believe himself as he looked around his well furnished duplex. "how did I ever get to this point ? he thought. he remembered when he had just finished university with a degree in pharmacy, he thought the sky was his limit only for his parents to die on his induction day also leaving behind his brothers for him to cater for. he was the first born of the family so he had no one to share his responsibilities with. whatever money he made went to the training of Daniel and Gabriel butthank God it is finally over.
"a penny for your thoughts Ukeme, u have been moving round the house as if you ate Alice in wonderland. calm down it is yours", Ekene said.
"I still can't believe it, wow hard work indeed pays"
"try to believe it to at least now you can calm down and rest from all those your plenty part time jobs"
Ukeme laughed," Ekene u should know by now that not all of us have rich parents like you".

"ukeme , Abeg don't start, let's go inside and see what your wife is cooking"
"Ekene which wife be dat one na, the one you married for me? Pls stop it o. I am not sure I want to marry Joy. "
"what! after 8years! what is the problem man? is she giving you problems or what?
"no,she isn't "
"you are one crazy brother? one day someone will snatch her away from you then you will realise what you have lost"
Ukeme started laughing so hard he almost cried. "you know joy can't leave without me, she practically adores the ground I walk on, she loves me so much to even look at another guy. even if she leaves she is not irreplaceable.
Ekene shook his head and they went inside the parlour to watch the evening news. inside the kitchen, Joy wished the ground will just open up and swallow her now. the look of pity on Amanda's face, ekene's girlfriend nailed it all. she wanted to run, hide and cry.
"I think this soup is ready, let me set the table while you call the guys, Amanda said"
"thanks dear, let me call them"
Amanda couldn't believe her ears, what she just heard excited her. Joy was close to tears but that doesn't concern her, she is the one who should be next to Ukeme and not Joy and recent event shows that if she plays her game well she could stand a chance. ukeme is every girl's dream, he was tall, handsome with a bulging account he worked for not like ekene who everything was handed to. she had to start making plans fastto get Ukeme
Re: Stand Alone by elfredame1: 7:41pm On Apr 16, 2017
first time writing pls criticise constructively
Re: Stand Alone by elfredame1: 8:14pm On Apr 17, 2017
"so, Miss Joy tell me what you and my babe have prepared for us this evening, Ekene asked.
"I prepared my sweetie's favorite of course, afang soup with fufu"
Haba Joy! eba this night? Ukeme exclaimed. no I won't eat that prepare something light for me now, Ukeme shouted.
Pls sweetie, I have to return to school and it's past eight already.
"that's true ukeme, let's manage this for now, there would always be another time"
"there's no way, I would eat that this night. go to my room there is your transport back to school and make sure you take the remainder of what you prepared back with you"
"am sorry sweetie, Pls what do I prepare for you?
"are you daft, as an undergraduate you don't know what to prepare until I tell you abi?

" OK, let me prepare spaghetti for you "
" no, I want pancakes this night "
"OK sweetie ", she hurriedly ran from the room to the kitchen to start preparing it.
"you don't have to talk to her in that condescending manner and in front of a third party, that's not fair", ekene said
"please spare me the sermon, I am only correcting her, Mr advocate of human right"
Joy was done with the pancake only to see ukeme eating the food he rejected with his friends. tears burned but refused to drop. everytime he treated he with disdain she choose to forgive him because of the love she had for him.
Re: Stand Alone by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 17, 2017
Nyc Starting Bt Be More Consistent In Updating
Re: Stand Alone by elfredame1: 8:55am On Apr 18, 2017
She remembered when he was struggling to make ends meet there was plenty love and care but now it seems more money brought less love and care.
"Wow, those pancakes really smell nice, can I take some home? Ekene said."
"Gosh, you really scared me and yes you can "
Miss Joy, what were u thinking about you were so lost in thoughts when I came in?
She started laughing, "sure must be the exam tension, starting exams on Monday and today is Saturday and I still don't feel prepared".
"Ya, I can relate but am sure you will do well. Let me bring the plates so we can wash it before we go".
"Sure, thanks."
While they were washing the plates, Ekene kept on cracking jokes and making her laugh, Ukeme came in.
"Wow, such a cosy atmosphere seems like you two belong together", Ukeme said.
"Just what are you insinuating ukeme,?ekene asked.
"Nothing! just joking around."
After Ekene left the kitchen, Joy faced Ukeme.
"Why are you treating me this way? what have I done wrong"?
Ukeme suddenly got angry. "what is that supposed to mean? it seems you are tired of this relationship. the door is wide open so find your way out"
"Haba sweetie, thats not what I meant. "
Before she could finish explaining, Ukeme left the kitchen and banged the door behind him.
Joy got angry went to the room picked her handbag and left without informing anybody.
When she got to the hostel, her roommate Anietie was still awake.
"hi babe, how was your day and your fine bobo?"
Joy immediately broke into tears and Anietie rushed to console her.
what happened na? Joy say something! is there any problem at home? is ukeme fine?
At the mention of the name Ukeme, she started sobbing harder. Anietie managed to drag her to her bed laid he down and covered her. she cried until she could cry no more then she slept.
Joy woke up the following morning to an empty room. she assumed anyietie had left for service without calling her. Just as she was thinking how she would take revenge on Anietie, she came in
"hi babes, you are awake finally. why you de frown like that for early morning? answer me na, am I not talking to you? OK fine have it your way".
Joy sighed,stood up from her bed and went into the bathroom. When she came out, she saw Anietie sitting on her bed and waiting for her obviously ready to fight it out.
"Anietie, Pls am sorry it just that I have a lot on my mind now"
"Then tell me, what is it ?"
She needed no further probing because she started to talk about what has been happening between her and Ukeme.
"Are you sure you haven't done anything wrong because Ukeme doesn't look like someone who will act that way?"
"Exactly, what I have been thinking but when I asked him he got angry and started shouting"
"Fine, let's just assume he was not in good mood yesterday after service today call him again and ask him, okay?"
"After service? it's already time."
Anietie started laughing,"no wonder you were angry wen I came in earlier it's just past 7 in the morning. Go and have your bath let's go to church."
After service she tried Ukeme's number many times but there was no answer. she decided to send him a text and then go and read for her exams.

(1) (Reply)

Purpose Of Life- 'the Apple Tree' [part 1] / Visit Thoughtendom.org Writers Blog For Your Reading Inspiration. / Fiction: Pioneers Crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.