Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

The Whistle Blower - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Whistle Blower (16425 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Whistle Blower by ClassCaptain(m): 1:02pm On Apr 18, 2017
Re: The Whistle Blower by DanseMacabre(m): 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2017
Good one OP. Your tenses could do with a bit of working on sha, and in some cases, the informality therein downplays the seriousness of the work. Except if you want it to remain like that - informal - and for just the nairaland audience who'd mostly just yesman you.

Lastly, learn to be conscious of mother tongue interference when writing in English. I wouldn't be far off the mark if I guessed you're Yoruba, would I? Because it shows in your writing.

More battery life to your typing device.

3 Likes

Re: The Whistle Blower by faorex(m): 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2017
whistle blowing is now lucrative...thanks to 5%
Re: The Whistle Blower by BlackMbakara1(m): 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2017
Classcaptain kotinu mbok...
Re: The Whistle Blower by Samogbo1(m): 1:13pm On Apr 18, 2017
nice1 op
Re: The Whistle Blower by ClassCaptain(m): 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2017
DanseMacabre:
Good one OP. Your tenses could do with a bit of working on sha, and in some cases, the informality therein downplays the seriousness of the work. Except if you want it to remain like that - informal - and for just the nairaland audience who'd mostly just yesman you.

[b] Lastly, learn to be conscious of mother tongue interference when writing in English. I wouldn't be far off the mark if I guessed you're Yoruba, would I? Because it shows in your writing.
[b/]

Sir, I hail oo..True ...grin but can u show me an excerpt of where this was truly reflected in the story ??

More battery life to your typing device.

Thanks sir.

The informality is intentional..Check my other works ( on my profile ) mostly written in pidgin and mixed english and also to fully assume the persona narrating the story , in this case a Yoruba grin..

1 Like

Re: The Whistle Blower by albacete(m): 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2017
@ClassCaptain, carry go!
Re: The Whistle Blower by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 18, 2017
With all this going on will the whistleblower ever get paid?
Re: The Whistle Blower by ecclize: 1:49pm On Apr 18, 2017
Very whistle blower go get national body like NIGERiA ASSOCIATION OF WHISTLE BLOWERS (NAWB) motto: whistle bowing is our pride it is illegal to blow whistle
without being a registered member Very whistle blower go get national body like NIGERiA ASSOCIATION OF WHISTLE BLOWERS (NAWB) motto: whistle bowing is our pride it is illegal to blow whistle
without being a registered member
Very whistle blower go get national body like NIGERiA ASSOCIATION OF WHISTLE BLOWERS (NAWB) motto: whistle bowing is our pride it is illegal to blow whistle
without being a registered member

1 Like

Re: The Whistle Blower by dhesire(m): 1:55pm On Apr 18, 2017
ClassCaptain:
I got on my Toshiba system and quickly alerted the EFCC, informing them of the exact area and location of the building but I refused to mention the name of the owner.. Truthfully, I myself do not know.

They informed me that they would swing into action immediately and assured me of utmost confidentiality as they collected my personal data which they claim was for identification and payment purpose.

Withnin minutes, We had concluded a deal that could fetch me a life changing sum of 50 million naira.. Immediately I get my hands on this money , I am leaving this wrecked country for somewhere safe to finally start a new life !!!!

I kept waiting to get a favourable answer of them identifying the location and retrieving the money until about almost six hours later, when I heard knocks on my door.

Oh my God, The killer had come for me.!!!!

“ It was my turn !! “ I said to myself , as I could feel drops of urine dripping down my trousers . They didn’t want me to say anything about this money oh, they didn’t oo . I saw all the signs but I still wont keep mute and protect my life... God, how the hell did I get involved in all this.. ??

I picked my phone and my id card and rushed towards the backdoor. I noticed they heard my movements and started banging the door, trying to open it by force..

I kept running through the wide hallway as fast as my legs could carry me and finally found my way to the backdoor.. I opened the door and behold, an armed police man staring right back at me..

“ sir, they are coming for , they are" … I felt relieved sighting the police officer who I felt would helped me combat my yet unseen assailants even though my brain had not taken time out to process what a police officer was doing in my apartment in the first place.

“ they are…'

Before I could finish my statement, whether it was a blow or a kick, baton or headbutt, I honestly could not remember.

All I knew was I fell to the floor and I could hear slow vibrating voices and mumbles of “ we caught him , yes sir, he is the one..

My head ached as I lay on the ground and struggled to keep my eyelids open .. I could see like four, five people in the red EFCC vest with the imprinted Eagle staring at me and some other men in uniform ,with DSS tag and with guns, coming towards my direction.

One of the armed men moved closer to me, raised his leg and gbam !!!!

Class captain? Please where are we headed to?
With you at the driver's seat, no problem.
Safe landing!
Re: The Whistle Blower by Bullhari: 2:17pm On Apr 18, 2017
grabs sit... sits down

class captain again... though he failed to finish his story on MMM

Re: The Whistle Blower by odimbannamdi(m): 2:35pm On Apr 18, 2017
Soon, movie directors will create a movie titled "The Whistle Blower"
Naija musicians go soon wax music and title it "Whistle Blowing"
Aba and Onitsha boys go soon customize T-shirt with the "Whistle Blowing" tag.

Nigerians and our habit of making a mountain out of a molehill!

Nice story, OP.

MEanwhile, these beautiful loafers are for sale

Re: The Whistle Blower by whyx06(m): 2:37pm On Apr 18, 2017
Nice one
Re: The Whistle Blower by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 18, 2017
Classacaptain u bera come and finish this story unless u want me to drop your name with EFCC
Re: The Whistle Blower by DanseMacabre(m): 3:47pm On Apr 18, 2017
ClassCaptain:

Thanks sir.

The informality is intentional..Check my other works ( on my profile ) mostly written in pidgin and mixed english and also to fully assume the persona narrating the story , in this case a Yoruba grin..

'I found the story brought up by Prof has complete bullshit. . .'

'Has' instead of 'as' is one of the excerpts you asked for. The sentence is in Episode 2. I couldn't quote because my phone can't quote words in excess of 700 or so.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Whistle Blower by cyojunior1(m): 4:07pm On Apr 18, 2017
Berra come n finish d story !
Re: The Whistle Blower by Idango(m): 4:07pm On Apr 18, 2017
Where is classcaptain Biko ?
Re: The Whistle Blower by Qriousity(m): 4:31pm On Apr 18, 2017
ClassCaptain biko bia eba.
Re: The Whistle Blower by CrownStarPro(m): 4:45pm On Apr 18, 2017
Class Captain....You are supposed to complete this story Based on Logistics
Re: The Whistle Blower by JamesReacher(m): 5:20pm On Apr 18, 2017
ClassCaptain:
Guy how far! No be you I see for Law side dey jack one night like 2sessions back, I wear one blue bucket hat so. What's up bro smiley
Re: The Whistle Blower by ClassCaptain(m): 5:22pm On Apr 18, 2017
JamesReacher:
Guy how far! No be you I see for Law side dey jack one night like 2sessions back, I wear one blue bucket hat so. What's up bro smiley

lol..na Unilorin u day ??

am good my G
Re: The Whistle Blower by GallantEmory: 5:26pm On Apr 18, 2017
angryClasscaptain I go blow the whistle oo
Re: The Whistle Blower by GallantEmory: 5:27pm On Apr 18, 2017
angryClasscaptain I go blow this whistle oo
Re: The Whistle Blower by ClassCaptain(m): 5:39pm On Apr 18, 2017
Episode 6

EFCC headquarters !!!

Paa !!!!

I was woken up by an ear echoing slap ....Here I was , seated and my hands cuffed ... I still dont understand what was going on or why I was being treated this way ..

" Treat him gently , He is still a suspect until arraigned before the law court – The man in suit, standing in the room into said to the mopol officers.

I looked at the person who gave me the slap and it was the same officer that kicked me in the face at my house !!!He and the other other officers withdrew a bit !!!!..

“ Whats all this ?? .What the hell is happening?? Did u just call me a Suspect !!!… I shouted , infuriated .

“ You call me a suspect, is this how you people treat a whistle blower now.. Why was i arrested and handcuffed ..I was trying to salvage…

“ mr boo, the man in suit said in a crisp commanding voice, he turned around and walked towards me . He had a rather mean look and as he was about to say his next words , a weak smile spread across his face,
“ You sir, mr boo , you re not a whistle blower…. You are a killer and a fraud ....
“ what is all this bullshit .. I stated,already getting tensed and angry as I looked into the faces of the armed men and back to the man in suit..

“ look, you cant play games with me, I know my rights,,, you found the money there.. where I told you the money was, the building or didn’t you ??….

“ Yes, Mr Boo, we found the money but it was not where you told us we would find it.. we instead found your armed men there waiting

“ what the are u saying ...I have no...

“( cuts In as he bangs the table ) .. Two of my men are fucking dead , shot dead by your guys because you called and gave them a wrong location ...You informed them of a wrong location so as to distract them to allow you pack the money in the real location while they waste time there..

Mr boo, Someone how u knew someone blew your whistle over the money you hid and you planned it out

“ The money I hid officer am confused..I didn't hide …..

“ don’t play games with me mr boo osin ,

“ no am not....

“ why did you give us a fake address then .

Cos of this kind of things, cos … wait how did u get my address then.. I inquired

He looked at me for a minute as if to stab me and smiled ..

“ you will enjoy your time in prison mr boo osin, you are under arrest for the conversion of the monies of the federal institution, Isale Eko University of to the tune of 200 million…. At least, you stole less money than your vc but you won't go Scot free also for the murder of my men.I promise u...

Listen to me !!!! something is wrong ...Let me explain....

Officers take him .....

He said as he left and slammed the door..

The Last thing I remembered was me struggling with one of the mopol as they tried to drag me up !!!!
Re: The Whistle Blower by JamesReacher(m): 5:46pm On Apr 18, 2017
ClassCaptain:

lol..na Unilorin u day ??

am good my G
I sha dey look say I don see that face before, ur dp no do u justice, u fine pass am na, homo no dey grin. Come finish ur tori
Re: The Whistle Blower by KECNG: 5:51pm On Apr 18, 2017
Are you unemployed and want to increase your chances of getting a job? Then attend Knowledge Exchange Centre's training for young graduates

Re: The Whistle Blower by Okaakoko(m): 6:32pm On Apr 18, 2017
Classcaptain, this is getting more interesting. The hunter has become the hunted. We are still in the class waiting. Remain blessed, brother

1 Like

Re: The Whistle Blower by abbaapple: 6:50pm On Apr 18, 2017
guy come and finish this tory oh!
Re: The Whistle Blower by ClassCaptain(m): 7:31pm On Apr 18, 2017
JamesReacher:
I sha dey look say I don see that face before, ur dp no do u justice, u fine pass am na, homo no dey grin. Come finish ur tori

I don comot my dp naa..if u say so boss..

I hail oo grin
Re: The Whistle Blower by Bank450(m): 9:10pm On Apr 18, 2017
ClassCaptain:
I got on my Toshiba system and quickly alerted the EFCC, informing them of the exact area and location of the building but I refused to mention the name of the owner.. Truthfully, I myself do not know.

They informed me that they would swing into action immediately and assured me of utmost confidentiality as they collected my personal data which they claim was for identification and payment purpose.

Withnin minutes, We had concluded a deal that could fetch me a life changing sum of 50 million naira.. Immediately I get my hands on this money , I am leaving this wrecked country for somewhere safe to finally start a new life !!!!

I kept waiting to get a favourable answer of them identifying the location and retrieving the money until about almost six hours later, when I heard knocks on my door.

Oh my God, The killer had come for me.!!!!

“ It was my turn !! “ I said to myself , as I could feel drops of urine dripping down my trousers . They didn’t want me to say anything about this money oh, they didn’t oo . I saw all the signs but I still wont keep mute and protect my life... God, how the hell did I get involved in all this.. ??

I picked my phone and my id card and rushed towards the backdoor. I noticed they heard my movements and started banging the door, trying to open it by force..

I kept running through the wide hallway as fast as my legs could carry me and finally found my way to the backdoor.. I opened the door and behold, an armed police man staring right back at me..

“ sir, they are coming for , they are" … I felt relieved sighting the police officer who I felt would helped me combat my yet unseen assailants even though my brain had not taken time out to process what a police officer was doing in my apartment in the first place.

“ they are…'

Before I could finish my statement, whether it was a blow or a kick, baton or headbutt, I honestly could not remember.

All I knew was I fell to the floor and I could hear slow vibrating voices and mumbles of “ we caught him , yes sir, he is the one..

My head ached as I lay on the ground and struggled to keep my eyelids open .. I could see like four, five people in the red EFCC vest with the imprinted Eagle staring at me and some other men in uniform ,with DSS tag and with guns, coming towards my direction.

One of the armed men moved closer to me, raised his leg and gbam !!!!

Hello, I would love to get in touch with you can I get your email?
Re: The Whistle Blower by ClassCaptain(m): 9:12pm On Apr 18, 2017
Bank450:

Hello, I would love to get in touch with you can I get your email?
antispambot113@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

E-books Download: James Hardley Chase / What's The English Word For "Shakara" / My Demon Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.