Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,825 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Is It Proper To Pay Before Seeing Someone In The Police Cell? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is It Proper To Pay Before Seeing Someone In The Police Cell? (597 Views)

29 Inmates Escape From Police Cell In Abia / Man Claims He Caught UNIPORT Ritualist Who Escaped From Police Cell / Evans Cries For Being In Police Cell With Common Poor Criminals Despite His Rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper To Pay Before Seeing Someone In The Police Cell? by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 17, 2017
Good morning my people.
I was at the police station this morning to see my padi that was arrested and the officer at the counter asked me to pay N1000 before I would be allowed to see him.
We negotiated to N500 before I was allowed.
My question is,is it proper?
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Before Seeing Someone In The Police Cell? by arsenic33(m): 9:01am On Apr 17, 2017
Lemme call IGP
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Before Seeing Someone In The Police Cell? by dingbang(m): 9:02am On Apr 17, 2017
Its not proper. It is d corruption we are talking about..

If it were in advanced countries, they will schedule visiting days where people go to see inmates..

When I visited a police station a year ago, they did the same to me and said the money is for sanitation of the cell...

As if d fed govt don't allocate monies for such
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Before Seeing Someone In The Police Cell? by GloriaNinja(f): 9:07am On Apr 17, 2017
IT'S NOT PROPER, POLICE ARE THIEVES THO!
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Before Seeing Someone In The Police Cell? by thesicilian: 9:13am On Apr 17, 2017
There are many types of thieves in Nigeria:
1. Those that carry guns and knives to rob people in their homes and on the highways.
2. Those that were uniforms and arrest those who carry guns and knives.
3. Those that make laws against the prosecution of other thieves.
4. Those that are elected and selected by the people but turn round to rob blind the same people who elected and selected them.
5. Those who under the guise of one business or the other utilizes every little opportunity to take advantage of their clients...

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Pay Before Seeing Someone In The Police Cell? by fbtowner(m): 9:22am On Apr 17, 2017
That's part of norm in Nigeria

I went to bail a friend too at police hq Ikeja, I paid 500 naira before seeing him and 10k for the bail.

Note it wasn't a straight deal ooo. we had to negotiate for about 3hours before arriving at that price ooo

Nigeria is long dead

the police man that signed also collected 1k he said for his signature
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Before Seeing Someone In The Police Cell? by gbegemaster(m): 9:26am On Apr 17, 2017
Odilafta1:
Good morning my people.
I was at the police station this morning to see my padi that was arrested and the officer at the counter asked me to pay N1000 before I would be allowed to see him.
You know the answer to that question deep down inside.

Police have "visiting" hours and the "visiting" hours are not free.

Proper is an understatement. It's just plain illegal. Nigeria is wrong on so many levels

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Pay Before Seeing Someone In The Police Cell? by Claroo(m): 9:30am On Apr 17, 2017
Odilafta1:
Good morning my people.
It is proper in naija cheesy
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Before Seeing Someone In The Police Cell? by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 17, 2017
Claroo:

It is proper in naija cheesy
oga mi I tire o.
we negotiate like say I want buy packs of condom lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Before Seeing Someone In The Police Cell? by stefanweeks: 11:36am On Apr 17, 2017
Same shit I experienced last month.
Before I could see my cousin in their custody, I was asked to bring dettol and tissue or the equivalent cash of 1000naira.
There was a day I went there twice (morning and evening) to give the guy food. After paying the sum in the morning, the evening shift people said i should also pay their own as the 'morning pay' had expired.
I just carried my flask back home.
I tot it was a PHC problem, now I know it's a federal thingy
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Before Seeing Someone In The Police Cell? by Claroo(m): 12:29pm On Apr 17, 2017
Odilafta1:

oga mi I tire o.
we negotiate like say I want buy packs of condom lipsrsealed
Lol....dey are useless people jare
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Before Seeing Someone In The Police Cell? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 17, 2017
stefanweeks:
Same shit I experienced last month.
Before I could see my cousin in their custody, I was asked to bring dettol and tissue or the equivalent cash of 1000naira.
There was a day I went there twice (morning and evening) to give the guy food. After paying the sum in the morning, the evening shift people said i should also pay their own as the 'morning pay' had expired.
I just carried my flask back home.
I tot it was a PHC problem, now I know it's a federal thingy
Same thing just happened this afternoon. I immediately started rebuking and rasing my voice until their oga came out
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Before Seeing Someone In The Police Cell? by osemoses1234(m): 9:15pm On Apr 17, 2017

(1) (Reply)

One Dies, 20 Houses Destroyed As Cultists, Youths Clash / Man Killed Step Daughter And Sold Her Head For 3000 Naira / Police Arrest 3 Men Who Kidnapped A 16-year-old Girl In Gwarimpa, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.