Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,491 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread (13917 Views)

Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals / Picture Of Train Passing Through A Rural Community In Nigeria / On A Road Trip to rural America,come With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by dblock(m): 3:45am On Jan 25, 2007
[B]Ibadan City[/B]

IITA Ibadan campus

Ibadan Downtown

Cocoa House
[img]http://images.world66.com/co/co/a_/cocoa_house_web[/img]

Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by Ndipe(m): 3:56am On Jan 25, 2007
Impressive.
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by dblock(m): 4:09am On Jan 25, 2007
Ndipe:

Impressive.

Thanx wink

Road to Ibadan

View from Cocoa House

Total Filling Station

Oyo state goverment office nigeria
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by dblock(m): 4:29am On Jan 25, 2007
One more pic of cocoa House cheesy

Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by didoflex(m): 8:31am On Jan 25, 2007
I grew up in Ibadan, Those pictures brought out feelings of nostalgia.

THANKS! cheesy
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by dblock(m): 8:34am On Jan 25, 2007
I lived in Ibadan for three yeras and 80 percent of my relatives still live there. Ibadan has got it's problems but It's a great city cheesy
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by dblock(m): 10:11am On May 16, 2007
Ibadan Skyline wink

Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by Imani(f): 3:17pm On May 18, 2007
Nice pictures of the old city. @dblock.

I hope i remember to take some pictures when i visit Ibadan later this summer.

There is a tall building that can be seen when you enter the city, that is coming from Lagos/Ibadan expressway way, is that cocoahouse? I used to think it was the tall building in front of UI.
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by omoge(f): 4:09pm On May 18, 2007
Oh my Lord!! good ol' ibadan. I grew up in Ib too,
thank you dblock. keep it up wink

dblock pls don't stop keep posting. are you currently there?
post more pls, it brings more memories. i still have my root attached to Ibadan the city of golden China in the Sun cheesy cheesy
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by omoge(f): 4:10pm On May 18, 2007
if you got that of UI, QEHall, Q. Idia Hall (my hall cheesy), alexanda brown, the departments, etc pls post
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by dblock(m): 9:43am On Jun 28, 2007
Aje House (Witch House ??)

Mapo Hall

That's Right, Relax when ur in my city.
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by dblock(m): 9:50am On Jun 28, 2007

Is this Lagos or Ibadan

Road to Ibadan

[img]http://ttp://www.picturingnigeria.com/site/uploaded.media/dsc_1055_tok_jpg_2006_12_06_164839.jpg[/img]

In front of Cocoa House

UCH

Oyo State!!!!

Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by moneytalk(m): 12:09pm On Jun 28, 2007
@ poster

NICE PICS, IBADAN THE CAPITAL CITY OF HYIPs REPUBLIC grin
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by dblock(m): 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2007
Is that a good thing or a bad thing, I'm guessing it's a good thing. wink

Ibadan, City of Opportunities, City of Bliss. cheesy
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by omoge(f): 9:47pm On Jun 28, 2007
dblock o, the first pic you posted today looked like a pic from UI. was that a dept pic? looked like it undecided
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by Forfavour(m): 6:46am On Jun 29, 2007
PROUDLY IBADAN

Thank you for the posts. I'm highly excited as 'omo oluyole' Lagelu ko ni baje oooooo

forfavour
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by promise72(m): 2:02am On Jun 30, 2007
was born in Ijebu ode. but attended poly ibadan. Ibadan is it when i come home. Period. Plan to shuttle my time btw ibadan and ijebu ode. Lagos can go in smoke for all its traffic and hard knock life.

Slow pace of ibadan and lower cost of living has done it for me.
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by dblock(m): 2:34am On Jun 30, 2007
Most of my relatives live in Ibadan. When I return to Ibadan, I'll definitely build my House there, and of course one in Ekiti.

Ibadan is a great city, there are issues here and there, but everyone manages to get by. cheesy
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by dblock(m): 8:30am On Jun 30, 2007
U.I Library

Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by omoge(f): 2:08pm On Jun 30, 2007
lol, that library grin looked sooooooooooooooooo familiar. used to seat by the step while waiting for my classmate to catch up with me grin grin

dblock, i asked if the first pic is that of a dept at UI.

post dugbe for us to see, sango, mokola, eleyele, orita, iwo, ojo, sabo, sasa make we see grin grin
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by dblock(m): 3:17pm On Jun 30, 2007
I'm familiar with Dugbe, Sango and Eleyele.

I used to go to the market in Sango often.

dblock, i asked if the first pic is that of a dept at UI.
I don't know, actually.
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by VOR(m): 9:41pm On Jun 30, 2007
I'm going to set the proverbial cat amongst the pigeons here.

Ibadan looks to me like one huge corrugated dump
of a sh**t hole. Even the "modern" buildings look
like they are straight out of the fifties or sixties.
1950/60s that is, but I could understand if some
people thought I meant 1850/60s. grin

Are there no new buildings in this sorry excuse for a city?

I have my tin hat and shield for the abuse I know is coming my way. cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by dblock(m): 6:33am On Jul 01, 2007
Sharrap, Ibadan has more soul than any city in the U.K.

It is not material things that make a city something. I lived in Ibadan for Three Years, and not onece did I wish I was elsewhere. Ibadan is Beautiful, from Dugbe to Sango, From Sango to Bodija.

Ibadan is Bliss, it is the real Capital of Nigeria. Ibadan is the Older Brother of Lagos, in the olden days Ibadan was Larger than Lagos.

Ibadan is Great, it is the City built on Seven Hills. It's corrugated roofs, look like Gold in the sunlight.

My uncle relocated to Ibadan from Houston a couple of years ago, If Ibadan was such a shithole I wonder why he made the move. My relatives in Ibadan have houses larger, than any shit hole you'll find in London.

Go to Jayelola Street, Five Minutes from Premier Hotel, and you'll see my Grandfathers House, Go inside and tell me if you want to return to that Pathetic Place called the U Gay.
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by dblock(m): 6:34am On Jul 01, 2007
Go to New Bodija in Ibadan, and tell me that those Pathetic Colonial Flats in London are better. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by promise72(m): 6:46am On Jul 01, 2007
u there dblock?
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by dblock(m): 6:46am On Jul 01, 2007
Yes.
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by promise72(m): 6:48am On Jul 01, 2007
went to school at the poly. wheres d new bodija anyway. will love to liv eth e the old town 4life
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by dblock(m): 6:51am On Jul 01, 2007
At the Poly? My Mum taught at the Poly.

I don't know my way around Ibadan, but New Bodija should be to the North West of Dugbe.
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by promise72(m): 6:53am On Jul 01, 2007
left poly in 1992. dont have a clue wheres nw of dugbe. its a great "old" city anyway. hopefully return one day
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by dblock(m): 6:56am On Jul 01, 2007
hhmm 92, I wasn't even in Ibadan in 1992. I was in Jos, in Plateau State.
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by promise72(m): 6:58am On Jul 01, 2007
heard good things about jos. especially d weather. hows it? did u ever live in ibadan?
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by dblock(m): 7:04am On Jul 01, 2007
Jos is great. I was born there.

You can grow strawberries in Jos. In my house in Jos, we had a Giant Mango Tree, we grew the best Potatoes, Vegetables, Corn, Sweet Potatoes and many other crops.

Yeah I lived in Ibadan between 1997 and 2001. I guess that means I lived there for Four Years, not Three.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor, Five Others Die In New Year's Eve Boat Accident In Bayelsa / How Government Agencies Frustrate Food Export At Nation’s Airport / Influential Nigerian Magazine Names Peace Mass Chairman, Onyishi Man Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.