Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,463 members, 7,954,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:59 AM

Top Misconceptions About Atheism, And The Global Truth. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top Misconceptions About Atheism, And The Global Truth. (265 Views)

Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. / The Truth About Atheism / Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top Misconceptions About Atheism, And The Global Truth. by benzics(m): 3:02am On Apr 18, 2017
As an atheist, I come across many ridiculous claims by some unscrupulous sects or simply those who don't know what atheism entails.

I'll be addressing some of the Misconceptions below.

Atheism is a belief

This is the biggest and most popular misconception about atheism, atheism isn't a belief just like turning off the TV isn't a TV station.

Mike: Dan, I saw a black mamba and a puff adder in my bed and I killed them with my bare hands.

Dan: common Mike, you don't expect me to believe that do you?

Then Mike went about telling people that Dan believes he didn't kill two snakes with his bare hands. Doesn't that sound ridiculous?

Disbelieving isn't a belief!

Atheists Believe Man Came from Monkeys

First of all, no one, at least intelligent enough, believes humans came from monkeys. And the word you might be looking for is "EVOLUTION" not "ATHEISM". Evolution never said humans came from monkeys, stop sounding unlearned.

Atheists believe the world came from nothing

Easy there, atheism or atheists never said the universe came from nothing, people just like to make baseless assumptions.

I for one, when asked "how or who created this world", give the reply

" 'created' is a strong term, used by only those who are looking for a creator and not necessarily those who want to make inquisitions about how the world came about, I simply don't know how the world came about, and I say no to all baseless and meaningless creationism balderdash. Yes, the Universe have been proven to have a beginning, which beckons the question 'what was before the universe', a simple 'I don't know' is a more brilliant answer than 'GOD'.. "

Atheists lack moral compass

First of all, what do you mean by 'moral'? Things accepted by your religion?? Naah.. We simply know "good" and "bad", and bad just refers to anything harmful to the coexistence of the living and not "homosexuality" or "smoking" or even doing anything you like that simply harms no one!

Atheism is Irrational

Only an irrational being makes such statements. I remember asking a Christian if she was born in a Muslim family, would she be a Christian? And she replied, "what God has written will always come to pass, I'll one day grow up to be a Christian because Christianity is the only way".. I remember laughing so hard at such level of myopia...

Now, to the theists(you are free to show you one sided views), if you were born and then thrown into the jungle to grow up, and you lived with animals, would you still believe in God??

Finally, THE GLOBAL TRUTH :

Atheism is just but a disbelief in gods and deities, nothing more, nothing less.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Misconceptions About Atheism, And The Global Truth. by hopefulLandlord: 7:13am On Apr 18, 2017
good one
Re: Top Misconceptions About Atheism, And The Global Truth. by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 18, 2017
Nice one bro.

(1) (Reply)

The Truth Shall Set You Free... / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! / Sun Worship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.