Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS (42921 Views)

I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) / Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja Flooded After Heavy Downpour. / The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by davdandam(m): 1:02pm On Apr 18, 2017
otokx:
Why is the plane being baptized?
First time that type of aircraft is landing in abj.... it's a normal aviation ritual

1 Like

Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by ruggedized1: 1:02pm On Apr 18, 2017
Now we can travel. Good jobl cool
Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 18, 2017
Gate 5. @ abj airport wink

Only plane users understand cool
Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by davdandam(m): 1:03pm On Apr 18, 2017
tolexy123:
why the water spray?
First time that type of aircraft is landing in abj.... it's a normal aviation ritual

1 Like

Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by maxiuc(m): 1:03pm On Apr 18, 2017
Why wouldn't they fix it how many of our politician travel by road
Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 18, 2017
okay.
Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by ChristyB(f): 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2017
Did i see 2 fire trucks releasing water? what's that for? to calm the runway?
It'll always be Etiopian Airways.
All the same dem try.
Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by Olaposiwaju: 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2017
otokx:

It's a tradition I think being the first plane to land at the airport after the rehabilitation

3 Likes

Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by MyMouth(m): 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2017
The first pix! E be like say the plane dey overheat. Hope say one kazeem never remove the plane tarmostart.
Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by waluga(m): 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2017
whats up with the water spray my people?
Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by vickuzzy(m): 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2017
if such promises can be made and also kept i think buhari government would be the best based on logistics.....
Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by seguno2: 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2017
brainpulse:
Good one. Despite billions spent by the certified ineffectual buffon goodluck Jonathan to renovate the country's airports, nothing came out of it. He only embezzled the funds as usual.

Yes. Nothing.
The same Ethiopian Airlines having scheduled flights to/from Enugu and Kano airports is nothing to those who have chosen to be deaf and blind to good news around them.
Those with bile and hatred are liable to die young.
Advice from the Federal Ministry of Health.
Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by Tpave(m): 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2017
So fast. But ordinary citizen s are dying on the highway everyday cos of bad road.
Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2017
This Ethiopian airlines are very loyal . i wonder when Nigerian Airways go resurrect. abi its soul don reach the second world ne

1 Like

Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by lansha2006: 1:09pm On Apr 18, 2017
tolexy123:
why the water spray?
This is called water salute or water canon. Done for first or last flight of an airline on a runway.

2 Likes

Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by bumi10(m): 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2017
why the splash of water?

naija
Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by 2n2k(m): 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2017
waluga:
whats up with the water spray my people?

bumi10:
why the splash of water?

naija

A way of saying congratulations for being the first plane to land on the renovated runway.

If you check YouTube, you will see that the same ritual was performed on Trump's plane at the JFK airport the first time he used the airport as President-elect in November last year.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by seguno2: 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2017
vickuzzy:
if such promises can be made and also kept i think buhari government would be the best based on logistics.....

Has he kept the promise of publicly declaring his assets?
Has he kept the promise of N5,000 stipend?
Has he kept the promise of N40 fuel price with subsidy?
Has he kept the promise of improving the N200 exchange rate he inherited?
Has he kept the promise of school feeding?
The failure has only kept the promise of change- for worse.

1 Like

Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by bossrillboss: 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2017
Lakebeyin:
9ICE
..9ice ko gongo so ni..lol

1 Like

Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by flyca: 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2017
GodProtectIgbox:
grin grin grin grin
i can now travel peace
the risk of going to kaduna upanda really affected me
Do you have an international passport? tongue Na joke o wink
Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by letmerule(m): 1:13pm On Apr 18, 2017
sad sadwow....I'm so impressed.If only dis energy could also b Chanel into getin us out of recession...I feel our govt care less of d poor sadwow....I'm so impressed.If only dis energy could also b Chanel into getin us out of recession...I feel our govt care less of d poor
Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by freshinko: 1:13pm On Apr 18, 2017
Y are they pouring water on d plane? Could it be over heat, or that the plane is dirty on arrival?
Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by brainpulse: 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2017
seguno2:

Yes. Nothing.
The same Ethiopian Airlines having scheduled flights to/from Enugu and Kano airports is nothing to those who have chosen to be deaf and blind to good news around them.
Those with bile and hatred are liable to die young.
Advice from the Federal Ministry of Health.
I know you don't fly. Compare billions of dollars spent on the airports to renovate them and what we have which are sub standard airport with sub standard facilities all around.
Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by seguno2: 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2017
Jiang:
This Ethiopian airlines are very loyal . i wonder when Nigerian Airways go resurrect. abi its soul don reach the second world ne

That resurrection is another failed promise from Buhari.
We are still waiting for the sale of all the presidential jets to the revived Nigerian Airways so he can fly with it like the Prime Minister of Britain where he runs to for treatment after banning government officials from doing the same.
Such a corrupt hypocrite.
Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by papae1(m): 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2017
Partnerbiz:
But seriously i never enter flight before o.

Oluwa pick calls.

Pls check my signature for data. See details and testimonies in the link.
I'll love to buy 1gb of Mtn for a friend. Kindly contact me on 08061361288.
Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by Trustme2(m): 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2017
otokx:

Its an aviation tradition for newly opened airports especially for the first flight that lands in the airport

1 Like

Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by waluga(m): 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2017
2n2k:

A way of saying congratulations for being the first plane to land on the renovated runway.

If you check YouTube, you will see that the same ritual was performed on Trump's plane at the JFK airport the first time he used the airport as President-elect in November last year.

aiit thanks

1 Like

Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by seguno2: 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2017
brainpulse:
I know you don't fly. Compare billions of dollars spent on the airports to renovate them, what we have is sub standard airport with sun standard facilities all around.

From the lie of saying nothing to you saying the result is Sub standard, you are making progress in your redemption.

brainpulse:
Good one. Despite billions spent by the certified ineffectual buffon goodluck Jonathan to renovate the country's airports, nothing came out of it. He only embezzled the funds as usual.

Meanwhile have you considered that the $43 million found in Ikoyi is from this arrangement with the aviation minister? Or you are incapable of processing such?
Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by Lescalier: 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2017
coolcharm:
Promise made, promise kept. Ask Ruben Abati

Wasn't May 29 sacrosanct?
Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by brainpulse: 1:19pm On Apr 18, 2017
seguno2:

That resurrection is another failed promise from Buhari.
We are still waiting for the sale of all the presidential jets to the revived Nigerian Airways so he can fly with it like the Prime Minister of Britain where he runs to for treatment after banning government officials from doing the same.
Such a corrupt hypocrite.
Perpetual wailer, so it's now sale of presidential jets. Born liar, where did the presidency says he will sell ALL presidential jets.
And are you not aware of the sale of some in the fleet.?
Re: First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS by seguno2: 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2017
letmerule:
sad sadwow....I'm so impressed.If only dis energy could also b Chanel into getin us out of recession...I feel our govt care less of d poor sadwow....I'm so impressed.If only dis energy could also b Chanel into getin us out of recession...I feel our govt care less of d poor

Not possible.
All the paparazzi on maintenance work on the tarmac was to arrange the $43 million discovered by whistle blowers in the Ikoyi apartment of the minister and his girlfriend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Visit To Ikogosi Cold And Warm Water Spring(with Pictures) / Photos Of Pickpockets In China / How A Bike-Rider And A Passenger Transported Another Bike (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.